Awards Tour 2012: Screen Actors Guild Awards Winners

Summary

The 18th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards will be simulcast live nationally on TNT and TBS on Sunday, Jan. 29 at 8 p.m. (ET)/5 p.m. (PT) from the Los Angeles Shrine Exposition Center. An encore performance will air immediately following on TNT at 10 p.m. (ET)/7 p.m. (PT). Recipients of the stunt ensemble honors will be announced from the SAG Awards red carpet during the TNT.tv and TBS.com live pre-show webcasts, which begin at 6 p.m. (ET)/ 3 p.m. (PT). Back to Article

Comments

jay z.

jay groon

My thoughts...

- I absolutely LOVE the fact that Bridesmaids was recognized and nominated for best performance by a cast. An amazing female ensemble that was perfectly put together. I have no issues with any of the other nominees and that feel that Drive should have maybe been included.

- I am suprised to see Brad Pitt getting recognition for Moneyball and not Tree of Life. The latter I feel yeilded a much better, more powerful and perfectly understated performance in a film that was not concerned with individual performances in the first place.

- Glenn Close is freaking me out in that pic of her from Albert Nobbs. Just...weird.

- Melissa McCarthy deserves all of the accolades and recognition that are starting to finally come her way. She is ridiculously funny.

Dec 14 - 11:36 AM

Janson Jinnistan

I agree about Pitt's performance in "Tree", one of his best in fact.

Dec 14 - 11:46 AM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

But in Tree of Life he didn't really play a character at all, more of an artistic plot device or Ideal. I think thats the SAG way of thinking at least. I'm heart broken Andy Serkis isn't on this list. Oh well.

Dec 14 - 12:14 PM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

Did anyone else think Moneyball had one too many lingering close ups of Pitts face? Seemed a little pretentious seeing as it was his pet project. Still a good flick though...

Dec 14 - 02:11 PM

Cold P.

Cold Pillow

Yeah, where is Drive? Bryan Cranston could have been up there for Best Supporting Actor. Let's not forget about Ryan Gosling...

Dec 14 - 02:15 PM

King Crunk

Brooks has been getting a surprising amount of love for Drive in the supporting category. I'm hoping he takes it all the way to the Oscars.

Dec 14 - 03:09 PM

Alex H.

Alex Hayne

???? IS it Woody or Leo for Best Actor?

Dec 14 - 11:39 AM

Ramzi Kibbi

Ramzi Kibbi

leo

Dec 14 - 11:43 AM

rt-ryan

Ryan Fujitani

Thanks for pointing it out. We had a brain fart there. It's been fixed.

Dec 14 - 07:00 PM

Ramzi Kibbi

Ramzi Kibbi

leo

Dec 14 - 11:43 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Almost too bland to comment on. I was wondering when Armie Hammer was going to get some recognition for his subtle performance as Clyde Tolson. The 'stunt ensemble' catagory is just petty. "HP" and "X-Men" are the only decent films here. I'll assume "13 Warriors" doesn't qualify, and they should be so thankful, because it puts these films to shame.

Dec 14 - 11:46 AM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

If you're referring to 13 Assassins by Takashi Miike, then you just became my new best friend lol.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything that you have said.

Dec 14 - 02:40 PM

King Crunk

13 Assassins was awesome! 80 minutes of slow burn build-up, and then a 40 minute blood bath for the ages.... damn, that was a great movie. Probably going to rewatch it tonight now that it is on my brain.

Dec 14 - 03:11 PM

David Tanny

David Tanny

13 Assassins was one of the best films of the year. Takashi Miike is a genius.

Dec 14 - 04:51 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Yep, "13 Assassins", and I just wrote about it on the DVD page yesterday. Must have Nolte on my mind. Great fight choreography. I still have to see Miike's "Hara Kiri".

Dec 15 - 04:38 AM

Janson Jinnistan

I agree about Pitt's performance in "Tree", one of his best in fact.

Dec 14 - 11:46 AM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

Dec 14 - 12:14 PM

CinemaWizard

Ron Mathis

Never thought i would see the day when Jonah Hill gets nominated, but he did, Good for him.
Always been a fan of him and his style of comedy.

Dec 14 - 11:59 AM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

Dec 14 - 12:14 PM

Swampfox

Pat Marion

I am disappointed by this list tremendously.

No love for Gary Oldman? No love for Ryan Gosling? No love for 50/50?

Albert Brooks didn't even get a nomination for Best Supporting Actor which is a little sad.

All in all, if anyone wins anything important here, it's that Nick Nolte wins for Warrior. He was sensational in that film, along with Tom Hardy.

Dec 14 - 01:09 PM

movieswithmitch.com

Mitchell Hansch

Sad to see Michael Shannon wasn't nominated for Take Shelter, hopefully the Oscars get that right. I am happy to see Nick Nolte nominated for Warrior- a hell of a film that was totally ignored at the box office.

Dec 14 - 01:39 PM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

Completely agree. Michael Shannon is one of those actors who will always be criminally under-appreciated even though he has shown his brilliance as an actor on a very consistent and somewhat understated manner.

As to the Oscars, I think that Jean Dujardin should have that locked in. I know others might be in Clooney's corner, but I really didn't find The Descendants to be as incredible as others have found it to be.

I am very interested to see what will happen with the cast of Warrior when the Oscar nominations are announced. The only problem that I imagine could arise (may be those knowledgeable about the film industry and Oscar voting can clarify this for me*) could come from Nick Nolte and Tom Hardy having to compete for votes in 1 category.

If that were to be the case, it would be sad for both of them to lose out just because their votes were split.

Dec 14 - 02:54 PM

King Crunk

Warrior was a very good movie, but it sadly probably does not have a chance in hell at getting any Oscar noms. It did worse than Drive at the box-office, and both of them are being ignored by Awards ceremonies since they were wide releases that did not connect with a large audience.

Dec 14 - 03:14 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Shannon is coming into his own lately. He already has an Oscar nomination, a role on Boardwalk empire, soon to be General Zod, and The Iceman filming soon. He will not be underappreciated for long.

Dec 15 - 04:42 AM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

Dec 14 - 02:11 PM

Cold P.

Cold Pillow

Dec 14 - 02:15 PM

Dec 14 - 03:09 PM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

I wholeheartedly agree with everything that you have said.

Dec 14 - 02:40 PM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

Dec 14 - 02:54 PM

Dec 14 - 03:14 PM

Dec 15 - 04:42 AM

King Crunk

This list kind of sucks. For Best Ensemble, the only movies I think probably should be up there are The Descendents and The Artist (I have yet to see either of them, though). Bridesmaids had an excellent female cast, probably the best comedic cast of the year. That said, I am not sure it was award worthy. Drive, A Dangerous Method (VIGGO AND FASSBENDER, C'MON!), The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Warrior, Moneyball, 50/50, The Ides of March, Hugo, etc, etc. all were more deserving than two or three of the films in this category.

I can think of more deserving choices in all the other categories as well. Probably the worst awards choices we've seen thus far.

The TV choices were equally disappointing. Series like Boardwalk Empire got their due, but overall it was still rather weak. I would have liked The Walking Dead to get some love, particularly Jon Bernthal; his performance as Shane is absolutely fantastic. You cannot take your eyes off him when he is on screen. The role could have been over the top and cheesy, but Bernthal makes Shane's slow decent into madness so organic and convincing. Not to mention he manages to play a bad guy character that remains likeable despite his evil deeds. That's great acting.

And RT, you need to start double checking these things before you post them, because there have been numerous errors with the last few. You've got Woody Harrelson nominated for J. Edgar on here.

Dec 14 - 03:08 PM

rt-ryan

Ryan Fujitani

Yep, fixed it.

Dec 14 - 07:07 PM

dudemeister

dude meister

Not mention no Rooney Mara.

Dec 15 - 07:33 AM

bigbrother

Bigbrother .

I was going to lambast you for this, but upon further consideration you're right. The Help and The Artist are the only ones that can really justify their place in a very strong year for ensemble casts.

Also agree on Walking Dead, the dynamic between Rick and Shane deserved some credit as it's one of the best on TV along with Raylen and Boyd on Justified which notably got no recognition either. Strangely I thought the SAG's did much better on Comedy than Drama this year which is the opposite of the norm.

Jan 30 - 05:49 AM

Dec 14 - 03:09 PM

Dec 14 - 03:11 PM

David Tanny

David Tanny

13 Assassins was one of the best films of the year. Takashi Miike is a genius.

Dec 14 - 04:51 PM

Dec 14 - 03:14 PM

David Tanny

David Tanny

13 Assassins was one of the best films of the year. Takashi Miike is a genius.

Dec 14 - 04:51 PM

David Tanny

David Tanny

Brendan Gleeson for The Guard is my choice for best actor. and Alan Rickman for supporting actor. Doubt either of them will get nominations anywhere.

Dec 14 - 04:59 PM

Richard Linklater
Richard Linklater

What are his Five Favorite Films?

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast