97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Adjustment Bureau Reviews

June 22, 2014
The Adjustment Bureau is shot like a TV show. Literally each set piece, the camera angles, the saturation and hue of the film itself, everything looks like I'm watching very long television show. In fact at times it even looks like a soap opera. The plot is unfortunately not fully believable. You're telling me that two people meet in a mens bathroom and upon staring at one another decide that they should kiss. Then for the next 3 years try with all their might to find the other person, because of a sloppy and awkward romantic moment? NOOOOO. However, if you allow yourself to get past that and past the strange filmography you will find a subplot (in the Bureau itself) that is interesting enough and holds your attention. Even then though, the solution to the problem is too elementary, there is no real twist or moment where you're mind is boggled. And while I have now stated everything that is wrong with the movie, I do want to add that it is still entertaining and worth watching on a lazy saturday night, but far from masterful. Oh and Matt Damon is a great actor so there's that too.
June 21, 2014
Plot was... maybe a solid 3.5 or so... But the cinematography and location choice was just so absolutely amazing. Just... A beautiful beautiful film
March 2, 2011
El gran Philip K. Dick, autor de las historias que se convirtieron en clásicos de la ciencia ficción, como "Blade Runner", "Total Recall" y "A Scanner Darkly", es rebajado a la categoría de "Chick Flick", gracias al debut como director de George Nolfi, guionista de "The Bourne Ultimatum" y "Ocean's Twelve". Toda la paranoia, la alteración de la realidad y el manejo temporal de la obra de Dick, aquí se vuelve una dulzona historia de amor que haría sonrojar a los protagonistas de "Ghost". Es una lástima. Ojalá que los hombres de los sombreros nos hagan olvidar de esta cinta para que pueda volver a hacerse y ajustar todos sus errores.
January 27, 2011
Brings to life the question whether people or achievements come first in life. Then there's the question about how much control the government or anyone should have in our lives.
July 9, 2011
the acting is strong and the story inventive. Not sure the script is as good as the other aspects but it never looses your interest!
November 25, 2010
Great premise; great chemistry...great film!
EL CHIDO
June 14, 2014
I have to say that enjoyed this movie a lot. It was something different; very original and entertaining.
June 12, 2014
Both a powerful political commentary and a really polished, well done film, The Adjustment Bureau benefits from strong performances by Damon, Blunt and Mackie, producing what is ultimately one of the best films of 2011.
Aligirisamy Z.
June 9, 2014
Great cast, unique story line
June 8, 2014
Very few movies have ever surprised me as much as this one did. You absolutely must watch this movie. Don't read any reviews, don't look up the story, don't watch any trailers - just go into it blindfolded and you will be rewarded. Matt Damon and Emily Blunt both deliver great performances and the plot and pace keeps you at the edge of your seat constantly trying to what's going to happen next. Highly recommended!
Davis
May 25, 2014
An amazingly smart and very intelligent film. Thought provoking and touchingly romantic at the same time
NotEnoughSlavesInIt
April 30, 2014
76%
A finely acted and stylish film.
entertrainer
September 8, 2012
Nichts besonderes aber unterhaltsam
June 27, 2013
Wasn't extremely good or bad
Good performances
Ends a bit short.
October 5, 2012
I really enjoyed this movie...
Simon S.
July 9, 2013
The Adjustment Bureau's unique premise's potential isn't fully realized in the final product, but the slick storytelling and exceptional acting still make it a competently entertaining thriller.
March 29, 2014
It doesn't go as deep into its themes as I would have liked, but The Adjustment Bureau is still an engaging thriller thanks to Matt Damon and Emily Blunt's acting.
April 5, 2014
Great movie. Very smart, very intriguing, very thought-provoking, with great performances from Damon, Blunt, Stamp, and Mackie.
March 30, 2014
It's full of sci-fi fun and tremendous chemistry between Damon and Blunt, making 'The Adjustment Bureau' a well-done romance story.
Just James
March 23, 2014
Buying movies out of the blue based on the cover and synopsis can be a gamble, especially when the price is high and only once have I bought a dud, every other time has been a worthy buy and The Adjustment Bureau is one of them. I thought it was going to be a relatively steady paced thriller that only just involves you, but actually this film really gets the pulse going. Once U.S Politican David Norris steps into his office and finds is co-workers essentially frozen, being scanned and monitored by strange men in suits, you will gasp and lose your mind, thinking what on Earth is going on? From then on mystery and weird events just keep on coming, and first time writer and director George Nolfi keeps you hooked and ready for more. I love the use and ideas of fate and preventing outcomes, the characters are strong willed people so it's fun watching them attempt to break the cycle of fate. Matt Damon and Emily Blunt is immensely likeable leads, and with stellar supporting cast performances The Adjustment Bureau is a no brainer, watch it!