Admission - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Admission Reviews

½ February 11, 2016
Admission takes the talent of leads Tina Fey and Paul Rudd and wastes their naturally comedic personalities on a poorly written script and awkward direction.
January 30, 2016
Awful. And so not funny.
March 7, 2015
Although the subject matter is undeniably dry and stuffy, Admission is nevertheless a heartfelt, light and sincere comedy that beautifully emphasizes the unpredictable messiness of work, parenting and motherhood -- and is bolstered by brilliantly charming performances from Tina Fey and Paul Rudd.
November 11, 2015
Tina Fey was a bit lovely in this one , a petit part humor , and a fine story . Not great enough to buy this .
½ October 25, 2015
I found it to be a pleasant if not-very-challenging experience. The sentimental scenes piled on top of each other at the end was a little weird, and some of the quick-cut editing in the beginning was equally strange. But I really like the leads, and Michael Sheen is undervalued as a comedic genius.
½ October 16, 2015
Chic Flick con el plus de cntar con Tina Fey que suele entregar buenos trabajos y el twist que le pone a la historia las incanzables ganas que tiene de encontrar a su hijo la hace superar lo pasadera.
September 17, 2015
Caught this on TV and it had me laughing my dick off. Some real hot jokes in this movie. Not a bad film at all either. Its kinda different.
August 26, 2015
Portia is not too exciting but quite realistic, which is not exactly what I want in my film-watching. But I did identify with the secret twist. I really enjoyed how you could actually SEE the college applicants and hear their stories as she read them.
½ July 2, 2015
Directed by Paul Weitz and staring Paul Rudd, Tina Fey, Nat Wolff & Lily Tomlin Admission is an adaptation of Jean Hanff Korelitz's novel of the same name.

The premise is about a Princeton admissions officer who is up for a major promotion takes a professional risk after she meets a college-bound alternative school kid who just might be the son she gave up years ago in a secret adoption.

Review: Tina Fey's character Portia is very interesting, her life is monotonous and predictable, she's the opposite of her mom, who is brilliantly played by Lily Tomlin. Portia is almost obsessed by the idea of not turning into her free spirited mother, so she has one of those boring, perfectly controlled life, and it made for an interesting journey when everything started to crumble.

The movie is not as predictive as I expected it to be. It's not the best movie ever but it has its charms, and feels very realistic at times. Obviously with Tina Fey and Paul Rudd there is some comic relief but giving the premise it would have been foolish to expect a full on comedy - that would have been a mistake - so the movie is a little bit of both a drama and a comedy with some romance thrown into it. It has a British feel to it but giving that it's an American film it seems a bit off.

Admission is a quirky little film with a lot of charms and a British flair about it. I enjoyed it. @wornoutspines
½ June 11, 2013
Why Tina? This is not your movie. And Paul Rudd. I can never understand his appeal.
April 16, 2015
Has its moments and demonstrates excellent acting by Fey
½ April 1, 2015
Saw this movie with a family friend. She didn't like it but I loved it. Paul Rudd is someone who i have always loved (Since Friends) and still do now. He is so cute. Tina and Paul did well
February 25, 2015
Fine drama come comedy,
January 28, 2015
A forgetable entry into the filmographies of these likable leads.
January 24, 2015
Portia Nathan has been an Admissions worker for Princeton for 16 years and has a chance to become the president of admissions. Things get hectic when she discovers she has a son that she did not know about and he wants to get into Princeton. Admission just overall is missing some structure to be a good movie. Each character has some good moments, but nothing great, and overall this movie just falls short of being any good. Rudd and Fey had little chemistry and being fans of either unfortunately wont be enough to make it worth watching this.
½ January 11, 2015
For a romantic comedy, there's not a lot of comedy here. The main actors are charming but the relationships are not interesting enough to invest in.
December 26, 2014
Admission was very sappy but touching, I've never seen a film quite like it with passion from the other side of college acceptance.
½ December 11, 2014
This movie is bad and everyone involved with it should feel bad.
March 18, 2013
Even my boy Paul Rudd couldn't help this one.
½ December 1, 2014
A cookie cutter film with the typical humorous notes and twists and turns. Great for fans of Fey and Rudd.