97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland Reviews

Anthony L

October 17, 2012
It's no secret that I'm a huge Muppet/Sesame Street fan so I obviously liked
The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland. It's not the best Sesame Street film but it does have all the favourite Muppet performers in it plus the old favourite Sesame humans too. The songs are pretty good and quite frankly how can you have anything but love for little Elmo?
michael e.
michael e.

January 3, 2011
You can't say crap about the muppets, sesame street, or elmo
KJ P

May 14, 2010
I never really was a fan of elmo, even growing up as a kid, but now that I look back on this film that I did see in theatres, I find it quite good. I am still not a fan of elmo, but besides that fact, it's pretty good!
Luke B

October 15, 2009
A fairly wonderful outing for Elmo. Never my favorite character, but who can resist his charm? Elmo is probably best suited as the lead in such a film. He has the most wiggle room, personality wise. It's great to see The Count and Cookie Monster popping up, even if they are used too briefly. Patinkin makes a very decent villain, and doesn't have to embarrass himself too much. Obviously, this is for very young children, but the trademark Sesame Street humor, enjoyed by all, remains in tact. The biggest problem is Burt and Ernie's constant interruptions, constantly giving away what happens. Damn those two!
Lanning :

February 18, 2008
My name is Elmo. You stole my blanket. Prepare to di-- Wait, wait, wait. No way Elmo would ever say something like that. It's inconceivable!Hey, flixsters, it's Elmo. You know me. This is an automatic 5 stars, even though Mandy Patinkin . . . well, it has been a long time since Princess Bride . . . and I guess he's an okay villain . . . but, well, it is Elmo after all.
timoncjm
October 23, 2013
It was a pretty enjoyable, very fun and very entertaining live action family comedy adventure. It had very amazing puppetry, great cast, adventure, comedy, great songs, really great cinematography, very fun characters and a very fun plot. I first rented the DVD version of this movie at Blockbuster. It's just as good as "The Muppets." I strongly recommend this movie to kids and adults alike.
tiggsgirl27
January 7, 2008
it's cute! i have a five-year-old and he really likes it. mandy patinkin plays a pretty good villain.
prplgrlnhvn
April 21, 2007
My nephew used to watch this multiple times a day, I still know all the words to all the little songs lol
Aliele
April 8, 2007
oh never thought u seen this one on it huh ooo lmao this movie koo to use to watch with my lil bro, his nickname is Elmo lol
October 27, 2006
You might think this would be painful for a grown up to sit through. It's actually not that bad! This is the first movie I ever took my daughter to see in a movie thater (She was about 3 and an Elmo nut). It's very cute and has cute charactors (but not overly cute like stuff like Care Bears and My Little Pony. Yak!) and great songs. I really enjoyed it. We had the video and played it often. Now that she's grown up I remember those Elmso days in a postive way.
ALSO RECOMMENDED: ELMOPALOOZA
July 16, 2014
One of my little brother's absolute favorites.
Muppet F.
June 19, 2014
The other reviews that say this movie is not for anyone above 9 is a bit incorrect, as the movie has several jokes that only "older" people would get. An example of this is when Huxley says "I didn't even get a 36 month lease on this blanket!" What kid is going to get that? On the contrary, the film is appropriate for even the youngest kids. Ernie and Bert interrupt certain scenes that could be considered too or scary or sad for young kids and reassure them that everything is okay. Overall, Elmo in Grouchland is a classic for Sesame Street fans both young and old.
Dominic C.
February 22, 2014
The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland was the second Sesame Street film, and is again very cute and fun for the whole family. This one is more likely to win kids over as it stars Elmo and features Zoe and the others. (The only major favorite of kids who haven't been introduced yet are Murrary and Abby). However your favorite characters will still have a decent amount of screentime. The best thing in this movie is Grouchland itself. It's such a fun world that you might wish would appear more often in the Sesame Street universe. It leads to great humor such as Elmo being sent Grouch Greeting Cards Air Mail ("Get Sick Soon", "Happy Sour 16th"). The songs are cute and catch particularly I See A Kingdom sung by the Queen of Trash(Vanessa Williams). Mandy Patinkin is memorable and fun as the evil Huxley. It's clear he's having plenty of fun. Good humor comes from Ernie and Bert's repeated interrupting the movie. It loses only half a star as most of the characters spend a good portion of the movie in jail for "asking for help", and it doesnt' space out the screentime quite as well as Follow That Bird. However this movie will delight preschoolers, and should even attend reluctant adults who have to see it.
Gresh854
January 11, 2013
Elmo in Grouchland is the best little kids movie ever. But it's a show audiences toward little kids and babies. C+
Blimp Blimpington III
October 27, 2013
It's a movie about the most wholesome Sesame Street character, just sit back and enjoy the wholesome fun and you'll have a good time.
Marc Cerone
August 22, 2013
79% (old score should have been posted many ages ago) It's good, along with a delightfully villainous performance from the great Mandy Patinkin.
Super JMan
May 9, 2013
A unique side of Sesame Street no one knew: Oscar's world. Move over Elmo's World. Elmo in Grounchland provided a lot of the same fun from Sesame Street and more with a strange but well played villain, good laughs, and a story that will put a smile on your face. Good movie.
April 9, 2013
I probably would've liked this movie when I was much younger or had watched "Sesame Street" more often.
April 2, 2013
Very cute, funny, and full of action.
October 7, 2012