"Indy 4" to Be Light on CGI?

Summary

Man, those New Haven newspapers are having a ball with the "Indiana Jones 4" production in town. Too bad it's almost over... Back to Article

Comments

arendr

Arend Anton

I thought this has been known for a while now.

Jul 6 - 09:44 AM

Crenshaw

Bryan Winter

Not to me. Great news!

Jul 6 - 10:05 AM

Gimy

Gimy Moo

this is the first positive thing i've heard from this flick.

Jul 6 - 10:20 AM

nate2709

Nate 2709

With George Lucas' name attached, I can't help but be more than a little concerned. Thankfully, Spielberg's directing and probably wouldn't allow the Indy legacy to be ruined the way Star Wars was.

Jul 6 - 10:35 AM

IMAmoose24

Eric Schulze

Excuse me. Way Star Wars was ruined?? You sir, have no idea what you are talking about.

Jul 6 - 04:09 PM

dracus

Cap Nord

Star Wars runined? When? I even found Jar Jar funny.

Jul 7 - 04:58 PM

evanset6

Jason Bolinger

[b]Umm[/b]
You realize that George Lucas' name was attached to all the others right?

Jul 8 - 09:13 AM

Goosemagnetic

Mike Gainer

They need to make sure they watch the movie before they view it this time. I mean, are they making it for the money they don't need or money to give to someone else or are they truley wanting to make this movie?

I hope they actually wanted to make this movie. That they were passionate enough for it...cause if not I don't want my Indi movies wrecked like my Star Wars movies were.

Jul 6 - 10:44 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

That's what daddy likes to hear. CGI is for lesser men. Indy does his own stunts. Who needs a computer anyway when you've got a fedora, a bullwhip and a six shooter?

"Ya see those darts, the boulder and the truck Keanu? No computer generated effect here. That's all Jones, baby...expect the one scene, the goofy kid from Transformers couldn't hack it so we had to CGI that one...What kindof name is Lebouef anyway?" "Connery would have done the stunt punk and he's 117 years old"

Jul 6 - 11:38 AM

Ciaranmv

Ciaran Vejby

Thank God! The originals are just fine without the Phantom Menace-esque effects overkill. Good for Spielberg, Lucas is probably not too happy about this one, though.

Jul 6 - 12:01 PM

Allmano

Zachary Allman

Those two dont need money. They are doing it cause Indy is one fun character and people love to see him do his thing.

Jul 6 - 12:06 PM

TheIceGhost

Harry Myland

GOOD!

You've got to remember though, Lucas had a CGI-orgy with Star Wars for a reason - the reason being that the ideas in his head which he always wanted made were simply impossible to do with old-school methods.

Honestly, the only BAD part about the CGI in Star Wars was that the actors seemed to have a rough go with doing their lines in front of blue/green screens.

Indiana Jones is a different animal. Indy's stunts are all plausible in the real world so the use of CGI is unnecessary.. doesn't mean they won't use some with production costs and the like, but this isn't Star Wars, people need to chill.

Jul 6 - 12:47 PM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

GREAT NEWS! I love good effects, but when a movie doesn't really use that many I just get so excited.

Jul 6 - 01:40 PM

rabid1017

Craig Alden

God you'd hope not. CGI has a habit of looking, glaringly, like CGI. It'd be terribly out of place in an Indy flick.

Jul 6 - 02:41 PM

eastern2western

peter liu

[b]lignt on cgi does not mean no cgi[/b]
you people are forgetting the fact that ford qualifies aarp and he probably needs a stunt double for every dangerous action sequence. One thing for sure is that cgi will be use for this movie, but it does not go overboard like the way george lucas did with the prequels.

Jul 6 - 03:44 PM

IMAmoose24

Eric Schulze

Jul 6 - 04:09 PM

Dominem007

Dominik Choczynski

Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones could have been better, but Revenge of the Sith was amazing!!! the best one since the originals, look at its tomatometer for Gods sake!

Jul 6 - 10:26 PM

Shatter24

Jeremiah Rancourt

[b]I heartily agree[/b]
Stop dissing the prequels and Lucas. And by the way, Indiana Jones was originally Lucas's idea, so people wouldn't even have those films if not for George.

Jul 9 - 05:39 AM

Dread

Gray Thomas

Please, no CGI at all. This is Indy, for God's sake.

Jul 7 - 12:55 PM

dracus

Cap Nord

Star Wars runined? When? I even found Jar Jar funny.

Jul 7 - 04:58 PM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

And let's also keep in mind that the other movies, all three of them, did use optical effects, so there will be CGI. Hopefully it will just be used for wire removal and stuff like that.

Jul 7 - 06:18 PM

evanset6

Jason Bolinger

[b]Umm[/b]
You realize that George Lucas' name was attached to all the others right?

Jul 8 - 09:13 AM

savethemooses

Alex N

[b]Huh?[/b]
Why do they call it a "B movie" feel? I thought Indiana Jones is supposed to be a blockbuster.

Jul 8 - 09:32 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

I think that was just a piss poor choice of words. I think what he was going for was the old time seriel feel the previous movies had.

Jul 8 - 10:01 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Jul 8 - 10:01 AM

Ant-Man
Ant-Man

First pic of Marvel's Paul Rudd

Worst Summer Movies
Worst Summer Movies

We list the 60 worst since 1975

Scorecard 2014
Scorecard 2014

See where the summer movies rank

Best Comedy Actress