Thoughts?

Any thoughts on,mI personally think it looks a step up from his other movies
Lee Augustus
03-2-2013 08:39 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Logan Briscoe

Logan Briscoe

while jaden trys to put on a strong face he strugles to act the story is sloppy will smith is just sort of there it looks sort of rushed and not thought out properly

Nov 4 - 02:45 PM

Matt Nutt

Matt Nutt

haven't seen it. 2 reasons why: Reviews & Jaden Smith. I'm sorry, but he is a crap actor...

Oct 12 - 08:07 AM

Aaron Clark

Aaron Clark

Haven't seen it, but M.Night comes up with the worst titles in the history of Hollywood.

Aug 29 - 03:06 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Drake Eddings is a retarded, flea infested MONKEY VAGINA. That retarded, dumb fuckhole needs to die of extremely painful cancer. Sub-human apes like him are everything wrong with society

Jul 1 - 03:48 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

And he doesn't know sarcasm if it raped him in his wide ass.

Aug 31 - 08:02 PM

Stephanie Adamson

Stephanie Adamson

I thought it was quite good. I think critics just like to bash Shyamalan now. It has become the popular thing to do, rather than I dunno...actually giving an unbiased opinion of the film.

Jun 22 - 10:23 PM

Rob Ruffles

Rob Ruffles

with no blood and made for kids no this is terrible for action.

Jun 9 - 12:22 PM

Brandon Little

Brandon Little

Rob, did you see the movie yet? It was PG-13, had lots of blood and action violence. Not horror-level, but certainly not made for kids. My 2 cents.

**small spoiler alert**
There are scenes with a butchered pile of monkeys, another with people speared into trees, another with someone getting stabbed and lifted up by an alien. You know...kids stuff.

Jun 12 - 03:51 PM

Ayesha Ross

Ayesha Ross

I don't believe the reviews on this film. the critics knew that this film was set to be one of summers blockbusters and they didn't want to see that happen so they deliberately gave it bad reviews as to make sure the audience wouldn't want to or would not go to see it. Do to not wanting to waste money on a stinker. I saw the trailer and it looked amazing. I want to see it and i'm not gonna let any jealous critic or prudish critic stop me

Jun 6 - 10:36 AM

Shawn Dougherty

Shawn Dougherty

Sounds like all the critics got together beforehand and planned out this nefarious deed. They are doing the same thing with The Lone Ranger. And they tried to do it with Man of Steel, but some of the other critics backed off because the lead wasn't a megastar that needed to be knocked down a peg.

Jul 5 - 08:29 AM

BobHarris

Rich Aurillia

Great visuals and surprisingly good score, just lazy storytelling.

Jun 3 - 06:11 AM

Teresa Sparkle

Teresa Sparkle

I just saw it and I loved it. I don't understand what the negative critics are talking about. It gave me what I was looking for and I was on edge throughout the movie. My heart was racing as I was able to put myself in Jaden's shoes. I think Will and Jaden did a great acting job. I recommend that people see it for themselves. It wasn't the greatest scifi movie ever but it deserves its props. I think that the did a great job acting. It was nice to see Will serious and play a deep character. I felt Jaden's fear throughout the movie.

Jun 2 - 09:24 PM

Alivia Smith

Alivia Smith

Figured out the ending, finally. I think it could of been interesting, had it had a different writer/director and main characters. Whatever, you get what you get I guess. At least they tried.

Jun 1 - 09:39 PM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

Wow. That's all I have to say. Just WOW.

May 31 - 03:28 PM

Ray Winbush

Ray Winbush

It's always strikes me that when a film has a *positive* portrayal of Black people and very few people classified as white, that it gets panned by both critics and white viewers. This was a great film, and indeed a coming of age film. Blackfolk will love it and white folks just have to get used to seeing positive portrayals of Black films. It's also a redemption for M. Night Shyamalan who, IMHO, has not made a great movie since "Signs". It's a different kind of sic-fi with an emphasis on relationships AND adventure. See it with an open mind through the lens of a community that rarely sees positive images of itself on screen.

May 31 - 10:00 AM

White R.

White Rabbit

It has nothing to do with whether black people are portrayed in positive light... The movie would still stink if Tom Cruise or John Travolta were the stars. A bad movie is a bad movie.

May 31 - 12:07 PM

William Spiritdancer

William Spiritdancer

Umm no, for us it does matter because we NEVER see this kind of image of black people especially father and son which in our community have all kids of issues and Hollywood does not help by only showing the negative side.

Jun 2 - 11:27 PM

Aaron Clark

Aaron Clark

Ummm, yes it always matters if a film is good. The movies are not just to show what you said, they're supposed to entertain everyone. I shudder when I think of all the other films that could have been made, or aspiring directors turned down, or all the money wasted on this crap.

Aug 29 - 03:20 PM

Market Man

Eric Shankle

It's getting bad reviews because it's poorly written and directed like most of Shyamalan's films.

May 31 - 12:58 PM

Justin Daugherty

Justin Daugherty

Wow, so we couldn't possibly have hated the movie because it sucked, so it must be because we're racist? Am I allowed to say you didn't like certain films because it starred white people?

May 31 - 01:05 PM

Teresa Sparkle

Teresa Sparkle

I wonder about this too but I truly hope that this isn't the case for too many. I hope it's just that expectations for Will were higher. I wasn't expecting anything like the movie "2012." I appreciate the message it sent and I agree that this was better than any of M. Night's recent movies. The key is "adventure." I could totally see my 11 year old son playing this video game. By the way, I will definitely get this on DVD for him and wish I would have taken him with me to see it.

Jun 2 - 09:28 PM

Brandon Little

Brandon Little

Sir, it's not all about race! What a low opinion of your fellow Americans you must have. Very sad.

Personally, I really liked this movie, but I can see that it had a lot of shortcomings in the plot department. Kind of obvious where it was going without too many surprises along the way, but I had fun just the same. I really like Will and Jaden too.

Jun 10 - 10:55 AM

Aaron Clark

Aaron Clark

I guess this film got made because of EO/AA, because I can't see how otherwise.

Aug 29 - 03:23 PM

Nihal Bhat

Nihal Bhat

6% RT LOL

May 30 - 05:50 AM

Chad Green

Chad Green

Saw a sneak peak tonight in the theatres. This is a bad movie. If you want to see Will Smith sitting on his ass 95% of the time while his son runs around, than watch it. I feel cheated out of my time.

May 29 - 10:34 PM

Stephanie Adamson

Stephanie Adamson

Spoiler alert

Both of his legs are broken. So um...I guess he should just go for it anyway. Yep...

Jun 22 - 10:26 PM

Aaron Clark

Aaron Clark

And yet the trailer advertises him as the star, not his son, what a deception!

Aug 29 - 03:24 PM

johnnytwotoes

John Germain

Just read some review from a guy who saw it in Germany. He liked it pretty well by saying After Earth is about coming of age, guilt and atonement. Huh? at a run time of just past 90 minutes I think this is another bomb in the making. I liked Signs, The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. All three films were fresh, intelligent and well written and directed. What happened was Shyamalan started to lose the artistic side of his being and focus more on directing. Because of that, his writing suffered and suffered BADLY. If he takes his time and keeps it simple Shyamalan can do great things. Movies like The Happening, The Village, The Lady In The Water, and that GOD AWFUL The Last Stupid Airbender PIECE OF SHIT are examples of a guy trying to do too much. M, baby, focus on your writing THEN directing will work a lot better for you. Just some friendly advice from somebody who wants to see you return to your great glorious self.

May 29 - 09:05 PM

Richard Shelburne

Richard Shelburne

I mean, we already know what's going to happen, right? Son has to get to the beacon, pop helps him, son and pop have bonding moment, the kid lives. Perhaps pop dies just as son comes to appreciate him? Ugh. Kill me.

May 28 - 12:23 PM

Alivia Smith

Alivia Smith

lol

May 28 - 03:50 PM

Nick Fury

Nick Fury

It'll have a stupid, unnecessary twist, because it's an M. Night Shyamalan movie. So it's not the predictable storyline that you've suggested, but it'll suck nevertheless. A shame, because I typically love science fiction Will Smith is awesome and Zoe Kravitz, Sophie Okonedo and Isabelle Fuhrman are stunning.

May 29 - 11:24 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Still looks like shit.

May 28 - 08:15 AM

Sharkour

Bret Maverick

I'm thinking it might be a step up from his previous drivel. A big problem with Shyamalan's previous films was the writing. If I am correct, he did not write this one. At least there's a chance the actors will say something interesting.

May 25 - 09:38 PM

Rocket

Rocket Raccoon

I'm afraid I don't think this will do well, Mr. Augustus. Just doesn't seem fresh.

May 23 - 05:56 PM

Alivia Smith

Alivia Smith

No. I am sorry, I dont really like Jaden as an actor...I dont know man. Who knows though, maybe it will be good!...

May 22 - 08:04 PM

John Gagnon

John Gagnon

M. Night is right down the middle for me. I loved Sixth Sense, Signs, and Unbreakable. Hated Lady in the water, the happening, and avatar. The village was okay. Not sure how this will be.

May 22 - 06:48 PM

Diane Melton

Diane Melton

I liked Lady in the Water for some reason. It was like a fair tale to me. But yes, everything else you mentioned I agree.

May 28 - 05:55 PM

jayboi

Jason Haynes

I agree . . . I enjoyed Lady in the Water.

May 28 - 10:23 PM

Jared Turner

Jared Turner

I...loved Lady in the Water. Don't tell anyone.

May 29 - 06:43 AM

Brandon Little

Brandon Little

Stunned that anyone LIKED Lady in the Water...what a waste of film. I totally agree with your thoughts on his films.

I think Shyamalan has made some great films and then took a serious blow to the head. He simply ruined my favorite cartoon series, Avatar. Just ruined it. Ham-handed and joyless.

BUT this film was actually pretty good and I enjoyed Team Smith. Sure, Will's acting skills were wasted with his cold portrayal of an emotionless man, sure the story was predictable, but it was still fun to watch. Man, some people are picky. Give 'em Hamlet and they complain it's slow. Give 'em Fast and Furious and they complain it has no plot.

Jun 10 - 10:59 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I know M. has had some gagger for the past 5 to six movie, but this doesn't look too bad.

May 18 - 09:19 PM

Nick Peek

Nick Peek

M. Night Shyamalan? WHY? The only solid films he made was Signs and The Sixth Sense. Other than that, his movie have been horrible. He is not the right director to do this kind of movie after The Last Airbender. Please let this be good.

May 18 - 09:14 AM

Sean P.

Sean Patrick

The Village? Unbreakable?

May 20 - 10:51 AM

John Gagnon

John Gagnon

Unbreakable was amazing!

May 22 - 06:46 PM

Castrated Carl

Aaron Myers

Security Man! To the RESCUE!

May 28 - 08:30 AM

Sleepy Sheep

Sleepy Sheep

I was kind of thinking about seeing this one, but after noticing who directed it I think I'll wait for it to come out on DVD instead.

May 17 - 10:22 PM

Mark Angelini

Mark Angelini

Love to see a return to form for Shyamalan here but it's most likely not gonna happen. Prediction- critics: 43% audiences: 61%

May 16 - 11:14 AM

Mark Angelini

Mark Angelini

I'd really love to see a return to form for Shyamalan here, but I don't it's gonna happen. It will undoubtedly be better than The Last Airbender and The Happening, but that's not saying much. I predict a 43% from critics and a 61% from audiences. The consensus will probably be something like-

"M. Night Shyamalan has directed another souless, artifical disappointment, full of visual spectacle but no real emotion"

May 16 - 11:13 AM

Aaron Loomis

Aaron Loomis

Ok have JJ abrams do this one, He did the new star trek and look at the ratings for that already. Get a directro that is more experienced in Sci=Fi not M Night Shymalan

May 13 - 07:03 PM

jayboi

Jason Haynes

Most of his movies would be classified as some form of sci-fi.

May 28 - 10:25 PM

Aaron Loomis

Aaron Loomis

Its weird how this director has made two of my favorite movies (sixth sense and unbreakable) but went on to make films that completely fail in my opinion

May 13 - 07:00 PM

John Gagnon

John Gagnon

Agreed.

May 22 - 06:47 PM

Aaron Clark

Aaron Clark

I thought sixth sense was ok, and he steadily got worse after that.

Aug 29 - 03:27 PM

Max M.

The Dude

I thought the Sixth Sense was nothing short of a masterpiece. Unbreakable was pretty good, too. I mean, it was Bruce Willis, so it was okay. But after Last Airbender and The Happening, I never thought Mr. Shyamalan would ever go back into the business. Now for After Earth, like you said, it looks like a step up from his other films, so it could be pretty decent for me. But not for the critics most probably. I predict a 49% from All Critics, 42% from Top Critics, and 79% from the audience. The film will start out 75%-72%, then 65%, then 59-57%, then it will stay 50% until its opening weeks, and finally later on, the score's gonna tip right into 49%.

May 12 - 09:24 PM

Tory Lee

Tory Lee

I predict a return to form, at least in some respects, but this is partially just because that is what I so desperately want. I loved everything Shyamalan directed until The Village which was just okay. Then The Lady in the Water happened and I was like "...What?" and then The Happening happened and I was like "You just fucked Mark Wahlberg in the ass you stupid bastard!" I want to enjoy a Shyamalan film again. I think it maybe, just maybe, could be possible with this movie.

May 12 - 08:23 AM

Christopher Kelly

Christopher Kelly

SYFY! Independence Day. Men In Black 1 2 3. I robot. Bad ass shit right there. Nigga knows how to do some space age SYFY shit. After Earth aint no different. Niggas need to quit hating on my boy Will Smith.
Action! Bad boys 1 2. Wasn't no space shit but it was still some action packed shit that was bad ass. Shit had some comedy to son.
Comedy! Hitch. Tell me that wasn't some funny ass shit right there. Will Smith and that fat ass cracker were funny as fuck. That shit done cracked me up. Na mean?
Drama! Ali. Can't touch that shit nigga. Dude done trained for that shit too. That was some drama for your momma nigga. Hell yeah I watch that shit again.
All his other movies were wacked out shit. They be dumb ass all fuck and he should be ashamed of himself. I know a lot of niggas out there liked that Pursuit of Happiness shit but that was dumb ass boring shit. I guess if you a cracker faggot or a bitch you like that shit. Not me son. For reals.
After Earth be like the other SYFY shit he did. And he got his son following in his foot steps too. Awe shit. Little nigga be like Will Smith soon. Need more niggas up on that big ass screen. Na mean? I see me shit. End of the month. Hells yeah. Be on that like it was a big fat juicy black ass and titties. Word.

May 5 - 12:44 AM

James Gasber

James Gasber

WAIT A SECOND -

are you black?

May 28 - 12:48 PM

Fred S.

Fred Sanford

No. He's a racist doing his best modern blackface act. He should change his screen name to Al Jolson.

May 28 - 01:50 PM

Aaron Clark

Aaron Clark

Yeah, probably a thirteen year old white kid with glasses and braces.

Aug 29 - 03:30 PM

Christopher Kelly

Christopher Kelly

Hells yeah I am. And proud to you cracker ass anti-black bitches. Fucking racists cunts. Don't be hiding your racist agenda while talking about movies thinking the man won't be putting the smack down on your ass. Hell I bet I be the only black person up on this shit. The rest you be cracker ass yuppy ass racist ass pieces of shits. All you go fuck yourself.

May 29 - 12:24 PM

Nick Fury

Nick Fury

I love science fiction and Will Smith is a great actor. Sci-fi and Will Smith often go well together. However, this is an M. Night Shyamalan movie, so it will be awful. Oh, and are you black? Because if you're not, you shouldn't be using the N-word because when white people say it, it's used to make black people seem less human. And please try to cut back on the bad grammar and swear words.

May 29 - 11:29 AM

Nick Fury

Nick Fury

I love science fiction and Will Smith is a great actor. Sci-fi and Will Smith often go well together. However, this is an M. Night Shyamalan movie, so it will be awful. Oh, and are you black? Because if you're not, you shouldn't be using the N-word because when white people say it, it's used to make black people seem less human. And please try to cut back on the bad grammar and swear words.

May 29 - 11:29 AM

Aaron Clark

Aaron Clark

No he's not, he's an immature white kid trying to be cool.

Aug 29 - 03:32 PM

John Tyler

J *

52% with critics.
"Although the visuals, the script, and story could use some more work, After Earth nevertheless has passable performances, well-done set pieces, and no sign of an absurd twist ending, resulting in a surprising (somewhat) return to form for writer, producer, and director M. Night Shyamalan".

Apr 27 - 01:55 PM

Imthiaz Muhassin

Imthiaz Muhassin

How do you know that there's no twist ending???? Have you seen it???? My point is that it could happen cos it's a Shyamalan movie.......

May 21 - 09:40 AM

Tony Eddard Stark

Tony Eddard Stark

High 50% to Low 60%. MIB was entertaining and so was ID4. But I don't think this will be as good as those movies. I will still watch it though. Science fiction movies on the big screen are great.

Apr 24 - 10:40 PM

Tony Eddard Stark

Tony Eddard Stark

Damn. It didn't even reach 20%. Oh well, I still think it was good enough to get a low 60% score. It wasn't as good as Oblivion.

Jun 2 - 10:20 PM

Sean Gall

Sean Gall

Thoughts
1.M.Night=crap director for the last many years now
2.Nepotism.
3.M.Night

Apr 23 - 09:53 PM

David Lo Pan

EntertainMeOrDie .

47% critics; it's not gonna win everybody over but all the black people will love it for certain, so I'm gonna say 73% from the audience with a 3.5/5 average rating.

Apr 12 - 10:08 AM

John Tyler

J *

47%? Okay, I guess.

Apr 21 - 03:34 PM

Nathan Ruggles

Nathan Ruggles

Umm... "all the black people will love it for certain." Seriously? Why, just because Will Smith is black? Do you really think that is the only criteria whereby a black person would judge a movie? I hope you don't mean that, because otherwise it's a racist thing to say.

Apr 24 - 10:55 PM

David Lo Pan

EntertainMeOrDie .

Yes.
Because this movie is AIMING at the colored demographic.

May 3 - 08:19 PM

Fred S.

Fred Sanford

People, please don't feed this racist troll - that is all.

May 28 - 01:53 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

You just did.

May 28 - 03:32 PM

jayboi

Jason Haynes

Colored demographics? Are we back in 1960?

May 28 - 10:27 PM

Nick Fury

Nick Fury

It isn't aimed at a black demographic, just as Men in Black and Independence Day aren't aimed at a black demographic. There's no such thing. There is such a thing as an urban demographic, which movies like Tyler Perry's films and the Fast & Furious series are aimed at, but After Earth isn't aimed at that.

May 29 - 11:31 AM

Nick Fury

Nick Fury

It isn't aimed at a black demographic, just as Men in Black and Independence Day aren't aimed at a black demographic. There's no such thing. There is such a thing as an urban demographic, which movies like Tyler Perry's films and the Fast & Furious series are aimed at, but After Earth isn't aimed at that.

May 29 - 11:31 AM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

The cast is basically all black. It's aimed at black people. Come on. Wake up.

May 29 - 10:25 PM

Christopher Kelly

Christopher Kelly

Hell yeah it be racist dawg. Thats why I be calling all you nigga hating white folk crackers because of this hating ass racist bitch and others like him. For reals son. Word.

May 11 - 10:35 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

This movie is racist. Not me.

May 16 - 11:28 AM

Bette Griffen

Bette Griffen

So is Star Trek racist because it's aimed at white people? What about Hang Over III? Not one black person in the flick...so by your logic it is a racist movie right? Your logic is faulty.

May 18 - 09:48 AM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

Star Trek is aimed at trekkies. It doesn't have an all black cast, but there are still black people in it.
After Earth is literally aimed at the darky demographic because of its leads.

May 20 - 10:09 AM

Fred S.

Fred Sanford

People- please don't feed this racist troll. - that is all.

May 28 - 01:54 PM

Devin Baranick

Devin Baranick

I don't know who would call After Earth racist, that is silly. I'm not sure why you brought Star Trek into this though? Star Trek has the gorgeous Zoe Saldana as a lead. Hangover Part 3 features Mike Epps and stars Ken Jeong. The only director who routinely selects his cast with racial motivations is Tyler Perry.

May 23 - 10:30 AM

Nick Fury

Nick Fury

Star Trek is aimed at everybody! All of my African-American friends love it, as do all of my friends of every race. The Enterprise has a multicultural crew, and the female leads are Uhura, played by caramel-skinned goddess Zoe Saldana, and Carol, played by curvy British bombshell Alice Eve. The Hangover III was a huge disappointment, but the cast isn't completely white.

May 29 - 11:37 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Star Trek isn't aimed at white people. It's aimed at Sci-Fi fans. It has Scottish, German, English, White and Black Americans, and Aliens. People like you are what's wrong with the world.

May 29 - 10:30 PM

Emerson Flohr

Emerson Flohr

Amen spock

Jun 1 - 02:48 PM

William Spiritdancer

William Spiritdancer

Um no, I am black and you are wrong. Most of my black friends and family do not like Sci-fi. When I was growing up, no one in my entire family likes Star Wars. But we do appreciate a positive image of a black father and son. It's a role model that is very much needed in the black community.

Jun 2 - 11:35 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

You don't like Star Wars but you love black father and son movies.
Fuck you, you're a nigger.

Jun 3 - 06:19 PM

I Hate The Tomato

Donald Prentice

It can't be worse than The Happening, that was boring as hell. Then again I doubt it will be anything like the 6th Sense, a effin great movie. My guess would be.... along the lines of Unbreakable, good enough to watch once or twice. Especially if you watch it with friends and/or family. 60-70% mater rating.

Apr 9 - 11:22 PM

I Hate The Tomato

Donald Prentice

After seeing Oblivion, I will drop my prediction to 50-60% Since I have Oblivion 70%, looks like I will be giving this one a 60%.

Apr 23 - 11:19 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

looks nothing like airbender... and has great visual effects

Mar 23 - 02:53 AM

Carlton M Raines

Carlton Raines

Bit predictable that both father and son survive the plane crash,and everyone else dies, would have been more interesting if the son had died,

Mar 19 - 07:02 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

in the end

Mar 23 - 02:53 AM

Alivia Smith

Alivia Smith

I think it would of been more interesting if that Dad had died.

Apr 24 - 11:19 AM

Hrishikesh Amravatkar

Hrishikesh Amravatkar

I am truly excited about this movie. I feel everybody should watch this movie "WITHOUT" a preconceived and past "Image" about Night Shyamalan.
Just what and focus on this movie.. and the trailer and the visual effects definitely look amazing.. its a successful movie already.

Mar 15 - 08:57 PM

Christian Woolley

Christian Woolley

I will try to enjoy it, but if it is anything like Shyamalan's past movies, that will be hard. Oh, and people do not like to watch The Last Airbender. They like to watch the awesome TV show on which that horrible movie was based. And it did not make 300M in box office.

Mar 20 - 05:06 PM

Pat ChalupaBatman

Pat ChalupaBatman

Does his kid have to be in all his movies now?

Great...

Mar 14 - 11:57 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

and another thing, a space ship crashing because of one asteroid? you think in the future they would have more protective armor and experienced, well trained pilots who would be prepared for obstacles like this

Mar 14 - 11:58 AM

Christian Woolley

Christian Woolley

It is tough to see exactly what is happening, just a big debris field. But true, you would think they would be able to avoid stuff like that, considering that our space vehicles today easily avoid it all. But freak accidents happen.

Mar 20 - 05:12 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

agreed chris

Mar 23 - 02:54 AM

Tejas Rege

Tejas Rege

We'll find out when we see the movie

May 28 - 08:10 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

and another thing, a pace ship being taken down by one asteroid? you think in the future they would have more protective armor and better pilots prepared for this

Mar 14 - 11:56 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

There's now way I'll pay money to see it in theaters but I'll rent it when it comes out.

Mar 13 - 10:37 PM

Myron

Myron Kinsey

i like the tagline

Mar 13 - 09:12 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

agreed... its witty

Mar 14 - 06:22 AM

Johnem95

John Mathews

It's either going to be surprisingly good or not surprisingly bad. I think it will be the latter.

Mar 13 - 05:00 PM

I Hate The Tomato

Donald Prentice

Looks like good half action flick. Theater good? No. Do I want to see it? Sure. It would be nice to see Night do another good movie besides 6th Sense and Unbreakable. Hate me all you want, I liked Unbreakable. Did I like it as much as 6th? No. But I still thought it was a good movie. Will AE be any good? I guess we will all just have to wait and find out. I am hoping that it is.

Mar 12 - 07:11 PM

Christian Beranek

Christian Beranek

Unbreakable is his best movie so far.

Apr 5 - 10:44 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

I guess Christian hasn't seen Sixth Sense...

Apr 7 - 10:05 PM

EdP-Review

edgar perez

Sixth Sense is awesome, no doubt, but I have to agree with Christian. I can watch Unbreakable far more often than the Sixth Sense

May 20 - 07:17 AM

Devin Baranick

Devin Baranick

The dialogue/monologue in the trailer came across as increasingly boring and cliche. I'm just hoping that the "twist" wont be that they are the first humans on earth before the start of civilization. Some of the animal species shown in the trailer have died out thousands of years ago. The thought of humans dying out, and extinct species resurfacing to thriving life is ridiculous. If this doesn't take place before Humans then it will have a lot of explaining to do regarding why there are extinct species and no signs/remnants of human structures/products......I hope there is more to this movie than I think. I actually liked The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable.

Mar 12 - 01:50 PM

Dawn Havard

Dawn Havard

It might be that the people did a "Jurassic Park", found some extinct DNA and went to town. This might explain the extinct species resurfacing.

Mar 13 - 08:06 AM

Devin Baranick

Devin Baranick

Your right, they could say that. Supposedly this takes place "1,000 years after cataclysmic events forced humanity's escape". One Thousand years is not a very long time for an entire planet to change, why is there not reamins of all our massive cities and objects? If we were forced to escape we wouldn't have been able to clean up. I suppose the "cataclysmic" event could be some sci-fi disaster that literally wipes everything off the planet but that is crazy. There should be lots of ruins. I still believe M Night is gonna have some "reveal" that this takes place before even human ancestors walked earth. If the end of the movie leads into some Adam and Eve origin I am really going to groan. I hope its not that predictable...

Mar 14 - 10:45 AM

John Gagnon

John Gagnon

The plants probably released a toxin that forced us to leave and destroyed the cities, lol

May 22 - 06:51 PM

Ldsa No-tv

Ldsa No-tv

I think it's gonna suck. First off, Shyamalan hasn't made a decent film since The Sixth Sense. And while Will Smith is an ok actor, he should stop shoving his son down our throats every chance he gets. Kids are annoying.

Mar 12 - 08:11 AM

Christian Woolley

Christian Woolley

Ya, the kid could take a hike. If you really want to, make this movie when he is a little bit older, and not that skinny little shrimp.

Mar 20 - 05:08 PM

Nick Fury

Nick Fury

Not every kid is annoying. Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson were terrific actors as children, and nowadays we've got the excellent cast of Super 8 and Maisie Williams and Isaac Hempstead-Wright from Game of Thrones.

May 29 - 11:39 AM

Steven Potgeter

Steven Potgeter

The CGI looked really bad and Will Smith's fake accent does not work at all.

Mar 8 - 09:18 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

I actually think the cgi is good but I do agree Will's acting is awful.

Mar 14 - 11:59 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

i think...crap

Mar 5 - 03:47 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile