Tomatometer predictions?

Here's what I am predicting

45%
'Although Smith does his best with what he is given to work with and it's superior to most other M. Night films, it ultimately fails due to weak CGI and a lousy direction from M. Night."
All-Knowing Panda
05-19-2013 02:31 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Shane Horrocks

Shane Horrocks

lol @ all the fools predicting 70-80 % haha

Aug 28 - 05:57 PM

Mmou Fasi

Mmou Fasi

Star Trek ID was also bad. You all went to see that mess. This movie has been making bank overseas. I am so glad the majority of those movie goer's do not speak English. If they did, you stupid Americans would talk them out of seeing this movie.

Jun 17 - 11:31 AM

Mmou Fasi

Mmou Fasi

Go See this movie. I know you all think that if you don't, Will Smith will suddenly go broke, but you are wrong. This movie was as bad as TED and Ted was give reviews, Sop If you went to see TEDF. you owe yourself another punishment by checking this movie out. I did n't love it, but I walked out on TED.

Jun 17 - 11:26 AM

Lynette King

Lynette King

his son is the worst actor i've ever seen,dads not far behind 'd' rating

Jun 13 - 11:56 PM

Mmou Fasi

Mmou Fasi

His Son! His Son...His son is mega rich. Get over it.

Jun 17 - 11:27 AM

Devon Stormagedon

Devon Stormagedon

Question for the ages: After Earth or Last Airbender? Which causes you the most physical and mental pain to see? I guess, with Airbender we can have the Rifftrax commentary over it...that's something.

Jun 10 - 06:17 PM

Rob Ruffles

Rob Ruffles

this movie was lame it had terrible acting. A dumb plot and was Will Smiths vanity project to promote his son well sorry he won't be a star if he plays as badly as this

Jun 9 - 12:16 PM

Rodrigo Garcia

Rodrigo Garcia

I don't know why people are interested in this movie, and by the way i was laughing when i saw the trailer they don't mention M. Night name at all lolol

Jun 6 - 03:58 PM

Tcha Dawei Yang

Tcha Dawei Yang

They may have thought that it wouldn't help the movie if we knew it was directed by Shyamalan... xP

Jun 15 - 08:07 AM

Rodrigo Garcia

Rodrigo Garcia

1%

Jun 6 - 03:56 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

When the trailer for this flick is as BAD as it is and the audience gives it a rating above 50..........you know the audience is lacking oxygen. Surprisingly, the critics came close to being correct

Jun 6 - 01:03 PM

Ayesha Ross

Ayesha Ross

I don't believe the reviews on this film. the critics knew that this film was set to be one of summers blockbusters and they didn't want to see that happen so they deliberately gave it bad reviews as to make sure the audience wouldn't want to or would not go to see it. Do to not wanting to waste money on a stinker. I saw the trailer and it looked amazing. I want to see it and i'm not gonna let any jealous critic or prudish critic stop me

Jun 6 - 10:30 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

You saw the trailer and thought it pretty good, huh?
You are a complete idiot.

Jun 6 - 01:05 PM

Market Man

Eric Shankle

There's no conspiracy, critics and audiences think the movie sucks because it probably does. Get over it.

Jun 7 - 11:08 PM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

They gave it bad reviews because they didn't want people seeing it. True. Because it probably sucks. You think if the critics actually enjoyed it that they would still tell audiences not to see it? No. You don't know how this works. You're allowed to like it by the way. No one is trying to stop you.

Jun 9 - 06:44 AM

Tcha Dawei Yang

Tcha Dawei Yang

yeah right... or maybe the movie sucks...

Jun 15 - 08:09 AM

joe mama v.

joe mama vigoa

don't even go for free

Jun 4 - 10:02 AM

joe mama v.

joe mama vigoa

don't even go for free

joe mama v.

joe mama vigoa

don't even go for free

joe mama v.

joe mama vigoa

don't even go for free

joe mama v.

joe mama vigoa

don't even go for free

joe mama v.

joe mama vigoa

don't even go for free

joe mama v.

joe mama vigoa

don't even go for free

Ayesha Ross

Ayesha Ross

read my comment above

Jun 6 - 10:30 AM

joe mama v.

joe mama vigoa

don't even go for free

joe mama v.

joe mama vigoa

don't even go for free

antonio l.

antonio lara

don't go unless your drunk

Jun 4 - 10:01 AM

Ayesha Ross

Ayesha Ross

read my comment above

Jun 6 - 10:31 AM

The Master of Movies

The Master of Movies

Stop promoting your comment

Jun 10 - 04:29 AM

Noobis

Hugh Jazz

You're either insane or being paid. Which is it?

Jun 16 - 11:15 AM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

Will Smith looks like my ex-wife.

Jun 2 - 05:23 PM

Eric  B.

Eric Brooks

your ex-wife was a man? Well what do you know? A gay redneck! Things just keep getting better!

Jun 4 - 02:59 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

I'm not a redneck for christsakes. Fuck, you're probably from Canada, home of Justin Fucking Bieber. Your argument is invalid.

Jun 4 - 05:06 PM

The Master of Movies

The Master of Movies

i thought your ex-wife died in a car crash

Jun 10 - 04:30 AM

Ayesha Ross

Ayesha Ross

read my comment above

Jun 6 - 10:31 AM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

Ha. I laugh at the people who had hope for this travesty.

Jun 2 - 01:08 PM

Ayesha Ross

Ayesha Ross

read my comment above and stop with the wanting blacks to play slaves all the time that's worst then American critics always only giving good reviews to Samurai films in Asian culture

Jun 6 - 10:33 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

go back to school

Jun 6 - 01:06 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Wait... what?

Jun 6 - 08:01 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Because of my PROFILE PIC??? WOW, you are an IGNORANT HUMAN BEING. FIGHT ME.

Jun 6 - 08:02 PM

Jacqueline Lam

Jacqueline Lam

And we are going to let white people play slaves because they were systematically oppressed as group before?

Jun 7 - 02:08 AM

Justin Lindsay

Justin Lindsay

If they were Jews then yes.

Jun 13 - 03:31 PM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

There is two things wrong with what you said. 1) If someone wants to make a movie about slavery then they NEED black actors. 2) Why should American critics not give good reviews to samurai movies? Should Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon be panned because it's not American culture?

Jun 9 - 06:46 AM

Gala Gates

Gala Gates

I saw the movie yesterday and I liked it and the audience clapped at the end. Saw Fast and Furious last week, no one clapped at the end, but it was a good movie. Star Trek Into Darkness was applauded. I spend almost every weekend at the movies and After Earth was pretty good compared to some movies money is wasted on such as Hangover III. The movie was reintroducing Jaden Smith to the world since he has not been seen since Karate Kid. He has grown up quite a bit. The movie was about a young boy becoming a man. Will Smith was exploring his relationship with his son and how a father is suppose to be there, maybe this will inspire some fathers. Will Smith wrote a very good story. As much time as I spend at the movies, I know a crappy movie when I see one and After Earth is not one.

Jun 2 - 09:40 AM

matt s.

matt stadler

They weren't clapping because they were happy it was over?

Jun 2 - 02:07 PM

William Spiritdancer

William Spiritdancer

No. They clapped at my showing too because they liked it. I bet you didn't even see it.

Jun 2 - 11:18 PM

matt s.

matt stadler

No I haven't seen it. With that rating why would I waste my money?

Jun 3 - 03:49 AM

Ayesha Ross

Ayesha Ross

I don't believe the reviews on this film. the critics knew that this film was set to be one of summers blockbusters and they didn't want to see that happen so they deliberately gave it bad reviews as to make sure the audience wouldn't want to or would not go to see it. Do to not wanting to waste money on a stinker. I saw the trailer and it looked amazing. I want to see it and i'm not gonna let any jealous critic or prudish critic stop me

Jun 6 - 10:34 AM

antonio l.

antonio lara

you got that right

Jun 4 - 10:01 AM

EdRoy1

Ed Roy

I think blacks are taking critical rejection of this flick as "racist". Blacks are not happy that this movie is being slammed...

Jun 3 - 06:36 AM

Ayesha Ross

Ayesha Ross

Jun 6 - 10:34 AM

Alivia Smith

Alivia Smith

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

Jun 9 - 04:19 PM

Misty Boyer

Misty Boyer

Before this movie came out, I saw people slamming it. They hadn't seen it, and they were panning it. Not because it was a bad movie (they hadn't seen it!) but because they were angry that Will Smith created a movie that has his son in it.

There are people who are upset at the idea that Jaden Smith and/or Willow Smith are being raised in the "family business." Then again, there are people who think the Smith kids are spoiled and ill-mannered, which is amazing, because there isn't a single video clip or industry rumor that even suggests that these kids are anything other than polite, funny, and smart (both of them able to speak other languages).

So yes. There's something suspicious when you see a well-balanced, polite, funny, NICE - G E N U I N E L Y nice Hollywood family get constantly slammed. I can't help but think that if they were blonde-haired and blue-eyed, with the same qualities of being nice, charming, polite, etcetera, that more people would be praising them as the model of a how a Hollywood family should be.

Jun 10 - 09:14 AM

Ayesha Ross

Ayesha Ross

Jun 6 - 10:33 AM

cinematografo

Lore G.

No matter how much Mommy & Daddy try, or how they use their connections, those two barely talented kids should be considering going to school to learn how to save the money they'll inherit 'cause they ain't gonna be making any of their own. Disgusting nepotism

Jun 1 - 07:01 PM

Ayesha Ross

Ayesha Ross

read my comment above

Jun 6 - 10:35 AM

Misty Boyer

Misty Boyer

Envy is amusing.

Jun 10 - 09:15 AM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

12%. Nailed it!

Jun 1 - 01:55 PM

Ayesha Ross

Ayesha Ross

Jun 6 - 10:36 AM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Why would critics care if this became a blockbuster?

Jun 6 - 03:49 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Why would critics care if this became a blockbuster? How would it affect their lives in any way?

Jun 6 - 03:49 PM

The Master of Movies

The Master of Movies

Ayesha stop posting that stupid comment all over this thread.

Jun 10 - 04:31 AM

blinkuldhc

a m

Is Leonard Maltin's review really "rotten"?

The representative excerpt/blurb commends Jaden's acting and makes a reference to the filming of "lush" locations.

I skimmed the full review, and Maltin ends with: "As a juvenile adventure yarn, After Earth is adequate but hardly inspired. It may satisfy undemanding moviegoers but it won?t add luster to anyone?s career."

It doesn't really read like a rotten review to me. I don't really care about the movie or the review, but I DO care about whether reviews like this are counted as "rotten" with respect to reviews of other films; it would totally change the perception, significance, and integrity of fresh/rotten scores, in my opinion.

Jun 1 - 01:36 AM

Mike Randall

Mike Randall

All of SHAMalan's movies suck, INCLUDING Sixth Sense and Signs; when will people learn? The ONLY movie he's made that I thought was alright was Unbreakable, and it has been a cliffdive from there. I have a boycott against this horrid director, and I wish everyone else did too, as he is taking perfectly good ideas such as this movie, and turning them into crap.

May 31 - 05:06 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Mike Randall, you crawl under a rock and do whatever it is you do with yourself. The only reason you didn't like 6th was because it was over your head.

Jun 1 - 10:33 AM

The Master of Movies

The Master of Movies

The sixth sense and signs were pretty good.

Jun 10 - 04:31 AM

Thomas R.

Thomas Reed

Well, I said it would be a big hit or a flop. Now it seems that it is both. Who would have guessed? It is a flop with the critics and a hit with moviegoers. I don?t believe I have seen such a gulf between the moviegoers and the critics since ?Star Wars.? So why did the Critics hammer it so hard? Well, they were expecting Shyamalan to bring his particular brand of direction to the movie and therefore pick it apart based on his brand of movie making and discovered that Shyamalan was nowhere to be seen. What we are seeing is an acquiescent Shyamalan who has lost his focus as a director. Part of that problem is that Shyamalan has always done his best when he is in sharp focus and doing more with the bare minimum. When given too much he falls apart and becomes disjointed and out of focus. In this movie M Night Shyamalan was not to be seen. What I find interesting is critics will all focus on one particular aspect of the movie, or find a particular fault as to why the movie doesn?t work. However, in this case their opinions seem to be wide and differing. More to the point there is very little in the way of critical evaluation. Reading the critics reviews you almost get the impression that they had all watch a different movie or simply didn?t care to go see it. Is it a great movie? No, not really. Is it a flop? No it isn?t a bad movie, it manages to keep its legs under it and carry it you through to the end, but it isn?t an over the top, in your face, all out edge of your seat experience.

May 31 - 04:32 PM

Lancol E.

Lancol Et

Lol. Yes um movie goers consider it a suck fest as well. It's going down faster than your mom

Jun 1 - 01:34 PM

William Spiritdancer

William Spiritdancer

What????

Jun 2 - 11:19 PM

Tim Allik

Tim Allik

The audience rating is clearly not accurate. If you flip through all of the reviews from the beginning, nearly all are "not interested" or one or two stars. What gives? is it fixed?

May 31 - 11:55 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Tim, I think I got to go with the critics on this one. The 'audience' here is pretty immature and would go see a movie even with a ZERO rating. Not too much going on upstairs, I'm afraid..............

Jun 1 - 10:36 AM

William Spiritdancer

William Spiritdancer

Yeah, sure, if the audience doesn't agree with you then they must be stupid.

Jun 2 - 11:20 PM

R. Jayakrishnan

Jayakrishnan R

Hey losers, the audience ratings were high on the opening day, its now 51% only and would even drop more. Shame on you for saying that the fucking critics are more reliable than the audience. The problem is with RT, had the RT staff counted all the audience vote in time, then it would never have been shown that this film had 83% audience rating.

Jun 3 - 10:29 PM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

OK Critics are more reliable than users to certain people, like me. Also, it had a high rating because everyone who was anticipating it saw it first and people who didn't see it rated it 5 stars. Then people who didn't care for it as much saw it and it went down.

Jun 9 - 06:50 AM

Derrick Wright

Derrick Wright

Tim, My family liked After Earth. Many so called "reviewers" have not even seen the film. We saw a so called reviewer on a huge national publication website and he said he wrote about the movie and he negatively spoke about After Earth. To write or comment negatively about a movie that you did not view entirely and to call yourself a reviewer is, to me, fraud.

Jun 1 - 03:12 PM

Christopher Lee Brenes

Christopher Lee Brenes

How about you back up that assertion with a source?

Jun 2 - 08:46 AM

Die_Hard

Mike Calzia

Clearly, it must be the "Bieber" effect. lol

Twitter:

Everyone go see #AfterEarth this weekend. @officialjaden we got u. #supportyourfriends

@justinbieber
10:08 AM - 30 May 2013

Jun 2 - 05:17 PM

Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

An 82% for audience? I'm surprised at that, but the tomatometer grade I expected at least a 30.

May 31 - 10:51 AM

scifimark

scifi mark

i seriously thought it would be at least 50. Guess off the mark by quite a bit. People have completely turned on him and for good reason

May 31 - 10:49 AM

Mike Randall

Mike Randall

SHAMalan is the worst director in Hollywood history. All his big movies suck, including Sixth Sense. I give him some kudos for Unbreakable, though.

May 31 - 05:02 PM

Lancol E.

Lancol Et

People haven't turned on him. His movies are shit, the writing is shit and you thinking this movie should be 50 is hilarious. How is it being married to a sibling?

Jun 1 - 01:36 PM

Christopher Lee Brenes

Christopher Lee Brenes

So, is the 83% audience rating:
A. Scientologists giving it 5 stars regardless of whether they saw it or not.
B. A product of a particularly low-brow, easy-to-entertain overall group of attenders.
C. Genuine critical dissonance that would still exist if you made 1,000 random people watch and rate the movie.

May 31 - 07:01 AM

Jimbo Franks

Jimbo Franks

everthing gets a 80% rating. People just hit the 5 star. they really never saw it and are fucking with the rating system

May 31 - 09:49 AM

Market Man

Eric Shankle

It will go down.

May 31 - 10:11 AM

Billy Guilfoyle

Billy Guilfoyle

In a billion dollar industry, with complete control over the tomatometer, Rotten Tomatoes, which is owned by Warner Brothers, realizes that it can't fudge the critics responses, but the audience responses can be altered, since they will never meet each other or have a voice in any way accept here in these posts, which half of a half of a percent of people will ever read. It's more important to get the money than be honest. A low audience rating could potentially equal a hundred million dollars or more in losses.

May 31 - 10:30 AM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

HAHA! It's at 61%, you fucking conspiracy theorist motherfuckers.

May 31 - 06:35 PM

Nihal Bhat

Nihal Bhat

rubbish 13% rt. bullshit hollywood

May 31 - 06:29 AM

buddyholly992003

Buddy Holly

In interviews Will Smith has always come across to me as an insufferable bore who totally believes he is wonderful. Now he has extended that belief to his son and from what I have read of reviews, may have ruined any chance Jaden may have had to be a successful actor.
But the movie will probably rake in millions. There is always an audience for junk.

May 31 - 05:36 AM

Nihal Bhat

Nihal Bhat

it wont make any profit in its theatre run. who is going to pay $12 to see it

May 31 - 06:30 AM

buddyholly992003

Buddy Holly

The audience for junk will line up to get in.

May 31 - 06:21 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Hit the nail on the head!

Jun 1 - 10:38 AM

buddyholly992003

Buddy Holly

In interviews Will Smith has always come across to me as an insufferable bore who totally believes he is wonderful. Now he has extended that belief to his son and from what I have read of reviews, may have ruined any chance Jaden may have had to be a successful actor.
But the movie will probably rake in millions. There is always an audience for junk.

May 31 - 05:36 AM

Krystal Winzer

Krystal Winzer

I'm convinced Shyamalan has a deal with the mob, I don't know who else would fund his movies.

May 31 - 03:51 AM

Mike Randall

Mike Randall

haha, *likes your comment*. I hate Shyamalan more than ANY director

May 31 - 05:04 PM

Leo Monteiro

Leo Monteiro

10% and dropping for this shit bomb cash grab paycheck flick for mandingo and mandingo jr.

May 30 - 07:50 PM

Kyle Conover

Kyle Conover

I love how conspiracies theories always abound on these message boards when a movie gets bad reviews. No one is "out to get" Shyamalan. His movies over the past decade have been HORRIBLE!

May 30 - 06:41 PM

Mike Myres

Mike Myres

Ouch! 13%? I didn't think it would be worse than Oblivion.

May 30 - 06:04 PM

Kyle Conover

Kyle Conover

It's an M Night Shyamalan movie starring Jaden Smith, and you're surprised it's horrible???

May 30 - 06:26 PM

Nihal Bhat

Nihal Bhat

oblivion is a godsend compared to this shit-fest

May 31 - 06:31 AM

Michael T.

Michael T

Who keeps giving M. Night money?

May 30 - 03:14 PM

Nihal Bhat

Nihal Bhat

hollywood does

May 30 - 03:28 PM

scifimark

scifi mark

Not for long

May 30 - 04:21 PM

Myron K.

Myron Kneedichertz

You could have said that 10 years ago, yet....

May 30 - 05:18 PM

Christopher Lee Brenes

Christopher Lee Brenes

10 years ago Shyamalan had directed three big-budget films. Here are their combined numbers:
1.3 billion gross.
187 million budget.
76% average RT score.
5 years ago, yep. 10 years ago, he had a very good and well-deserved reputation.

May 31 - 06:46 AM

scifimark

scifi mark

This really could be it for him if the movie tanks which i suspect it will. He will probably have to go the independent route at this point to try and re-establish himself

May 31 - 10:47 AM

Lancol E.

Lancol Et

Scientologists

Jun 1 - 01:38 PM

ballermat982

ballermat 982

Wow. I'll wait til it comes on regular TV to watch this lol.

May 30 - 02:30 PM

EdRoy1

Ed Roy

"Shyamalan lays on the schmaltz thick and heavy, practically begging for tears." LOL

May 30 - 01:52 PM

Alivia Smith

Alivia Smith

I had kind of a slither of hope, but I knew it wasnt going to be good..

May 30 - 01:23 PM

buddyholly992003

Buddy Holly

You mean sliver?
Oh wait, slither might work in this context.

May 31 - 05:29 AM

EdRoy1

Ed Roy

LMFAO this film is getting crucified. Nepotism + weak CGI + M Night = FAILURE

May 30 - 01:22 PM

Kyle Conover

Kyle Conover

Haha, well said. This movie looks painful. M Night is a joke now...literally. If you're in a theater and a preview starts with "from the mind of M Night Shyamalan," people in the audience will literally laugh out loud at the fact he's still making movies...

May 30 - 06:30 PM

Ken Wolfson

Ken Wolfson

110%

May 30 - 09:36 AM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

Divided by 10.

May 30 - 02:35 PM

Mike Myres

Mike Myres

+2 HA!

May 30 - 06:04 PM

Nihal Bhat

Nihal Bhat

hopelesss!

May 31 - 06:32 AM

michael r.

michael richmond

Considering Will Smith's coaching brought this kid to the level of just "cant act", imagine what he was beforehand. Nepotism is defined as "giving favors to relatives regardless of talent or merit". Between this smith kid, ella fanning, ashley simpson and all the other talentless family members being ushered into entertainment stealing jobs from true talent, I wouldn't pay one red cent towards this movie. But maybe theres enough stupid people out there to make this POS a profit.

May 30 - 09:15 AM

Nihal Bhat

Nihal Bhat

thats right. theres lots of people that will fall for the marketing and pay for this POS

May 30 - 03:29 PM

Christopher Lee Brenes

Christopher Lee Brenes

I thought he was all right in Karate Kid.

May 31 - 07:02 AM

ManOnFire

The ManOnFire

I was wrong. Very, very wrong. I can't help but think that the critics have already written this movie off before they even saw it, even if the movie isn't that bad, or maybe the movie simply doesn't work. Either way, my prediction was way off and it looks like Shyamalan delivered yet another dud.

May 30 - 09:12 AM

Film Fanatic

Daire Hutton

Ouch, it's at 13%... YEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

May 30 - 08:37 AM

Daniel Irwin

Daniel Irwin

20% All Critics. "Despite solid acting from father and son Will and Jaden Smith, ''After Earth'' fails to captivate because of generic production and an implausible script.

May 30 - 07:26 AM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

lol, Jaden Smith did not offer solid acting

May 30 - 04:28 PM

Fred Poisson

Fred Poisson

the sad part is the reviewers clearly have it in for Shyamalan, most agree that it is passable entertainment and that it is not a mess, which means it is probably a lot better than that, this is one I am going to have to see for myself

May 30 - 05:27 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Of course you are listening to idiots here. It's your scratch

Jun 1 - 10:42 AM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

11%

May 30 - 05:06 AM

Market Man

Eric Shankle

15%

May 30 - 12:26 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

So far so good, man.

May 30 - 03:53 PM

Market Man

Eric Shankle

Dang now it's moved... it's been jumping around a bit, doesn't look like it will get over 20%. Terrible reviews lol but it's Shyamalan so that explains that.

May 30 - 05:42 PM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

The reviews are coming in. So far, they are all rotten.

May 29 - 11:41 PM

John Gagnon

John Gagnon

The reviews so far don't hate it, but don't like it. lol Maybe 40%

May 30 - 12:08 AM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

The reviews are coming it. So far, they are all rotten.

May 29 - 11:40 PM

Sean Korsgaard

Sean Korsgaard

It will be in the 20s if it's lucky. Between M Night and Jaden Smith, people can smell this stinker miles away.

Can't believe Will Smith turned down Django Unchained to try and buy his son a movie career. Talk about a poor investment.

May 29 - 11:34 PM

Nihal Bhat

Nihal Bhat

even if it bounces, its pathetic average score of 3.8, proves it is toxic.

May 30 - 03:30 PM

The Master of Movies

The Master of Movies

0-100%....i guarantee it.

May 29 - 11:10 PM

Rachel Napierkowski

Rachel Napierkowski

I agree with you. ;)

May 30 - 02:45 AM

Alivia Smith

Alivia Smith

somewhere in the 20's

May 29 - 10:41 PM

Chris Hutchison

Chris Hutchison

28%. M. Night still has his morbidly attached followers.

May 29 - 10:39 PM

Brian Murphy

Brian Murphy

its gonna get between 50-60%. personally if anything its only gonna be visually good and will and his son are gonna be a good onscreen duo.

May 29 - 10:33 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

39%

May 29 - 10:25 PM

Derek Perry

Derek Perry

26%

May 29 - 10:23 PM

Kendall Christianson

Kendall Christianson

36%

May 29 - 10:21 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

43%

May 29 - 10:08 PM

Ryan Byers

Ryan Byers

I'm betting around 10% having seen a few reviews. " Unlikable characters, thinly script, and mediocre CGI dig the interesting premise into the ground"

May 29 - 10:06 PM

Neoracer Xox

Neoracer Xox

More suckage..

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/after-earth-movie-review/

http://moviereviewintelligence.com/movie-reviews/after_earth.html

May 29 - 09:55 PM

Zack Latimer

Zack Latimer

My guess is 34%. "Will Smith is wasted and his son isn't good enough for the lead, and M. Night sucks as usual"

May 29 - 09:50 PM

Neoracer Xox

Neoracer Xox

The reviews ARE out there

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie/earth/review/560053

http://www.pressherald.com/article/20130529/ARTS/130529827

And yep, it sucks

Samir Javed

Samir Javed

I hope they rip will smith and his son a new Ass$$%$# he deserves it since he turned down DJANGO unchained to star in this crap,i bet only for his son promotion,visuals look like there from early 2007.

May 29 - 09:20 PM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

I'm kind of glad things turned out the way they did. I like Jamie Fox. Though, it would have been awesome to have Michael Jai White play Django.

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

I'm kind of glad things turned out the way they did. I like Jamie Foxx. Though, it would have been awesome to have Michael Jai White play Django.

May 29 - 09:53 PM

Samir Javed

Samir Javed

IGN gave it a 6.7 and they give crap movies even a 6,so this movie should be doomed to high 20s or low 30s

May 29 - 09:18 PM

Ray Smithee

Ray Smithee

Not having any early previews does not usually bode well

May 29 - 09:09 PM

Brian Spiekerman

Brian Spiekerman

I was actually feeling pretty optimistic about this before I read all the comments. I was estimating about a 65-73%.

May 29 - 08:45 PM

Emile Szabo

Emile Szabo

20%

May 29 - 07:58 PM

Michael Turner

Michael Turner

First ever negative score. -27. Comparing it to feces would be a disservice to shit.

May 29 - 07:34 PM

John Gagnon

John Gagnon

This can't be worse than Avatar the last air bender.

May 30 - 12:09 AM

Rachel Napierkowski

Rachel Napierkowski

Ha! No way in heaven its worse than that piece of crap! I will never forgive Shamalamadingdong for what he did to my favorite childhood cartoon.... I'm betting 20-30 percent. I don't think it will be the actor's faults, just the director's.

May 30 - 02:49 AM

Ethan Rodgers

Ethan Rodgers

High 40s: "A strong performance from Will Smith is not enough to elevate After Earth beyond it's weak script and muddled direction from Shyamalan"

May 29 - 06:12 PM

Glenn M.

Glenn Meyer

37%

May 29 - 05:48 PM

Tracy Balser

Tracy Balser

35%-40% range.

May 29 - 05:28 PM

Walter Aleksic

Walter Aleksic

agreed

May 29 - 07:38 PM

Lee Peters

Lee Peters

21%

May 29 - 05:15 PM

G_man

Galen Mountfort

3% "Shyamalan has sunk to new lows, even by the standards of his other recent efforts." Was actually sort of hoping for a return to form but the fact that there are no reviews two days from opening does not bode well. I haven't actually seen one of his films since Signs though if The Village was playing on TV I might give it a look. And I did enjoy "Devil" which he wrote but didn't direct so perhaps he's competent as a writer but lost his mojo as a director.

May 29 - 04:52 PM

Avi Patel

Avi Patel

I think the main criticism the movie will receive will be jaden's acting. His acting looks terrible, they should have gotten someone a little more experienced or someone who doesn't show one expression all the time..

May 29 - 04:47 PM

Jennifer McCandless

Jennifer McCandless

i dug up two reviews in Tampa -- one gave it a 1.5 out of 4, the other an "average" rating. Gotta say, with it being Wednesday eve and a moratorium nationally on the review.... welllll... that says a lot, especially because the studio would be able to offset Shyamalan's involvement if they had a stack of great reviews in hand...

May 29 - 04:47 PM

Neoracer Xox

Neoracer Xox

OMG not even a REVIEW yet?! THIS MUST STINK! Damn! LOL

May 29 - 03:16 PM

Matt Lane

Matt Lane

agreed, come out friday and no reviews. this will be 28% my guess.

May 29 - 04:12 PM

Neoracer Xox

Neoracer Xox

if that lol

May 29 - 09:47 PM

Mitchell Lee

Mitchell Lee

I predict a 42%

May 29 - 02:59 PM

Cory German

Cory German

17%

May 29 - 02:45 PM

Alex Aston

Alex Aston

No reviews 2 days before the release + M. Night Shymalan = a very bad movie.

May 29 - 02:40 PM

Film Fanatic

Daire Hutton

No reviews. Out in a few days. Not a good sign...

May 29 - 02:01 PM

Navaneeth Saiprasad

Navaneeth Saiprasad

49%

May 29 - 01:44 PM

TheMovieGuy

Robbie Moore

I will say 60%

May 29 - 01:32 PM

Fred Poisson

Fred Poisson

I cant believe that even now there are no reviews for this movie yet, I hope it is because the studio knows that most people have thier minds made up as it is and are not worried about the quality of their product

May 29 - 12:56 PM

Navaneeth Saiprasad

Navaneeth Saiprasad

The hollywood premiere is probably tonight. So you might see reviews showing up hopefully late night tonight.

May 29 - 01:45 PM

John Tyler

J *

51%
"It's inarguably an improvement over Shyamalan's previous four films, but despite passable performances and tolerable action and effects (and no twist ending, much to our surprise), After Earth is blandly and thinly written, has an uninteresting story, and fails to live up to Will Smith's good films and M. Night's good films."

May 29 - 12:11 PM

Jake Braden

Jake Braden

Yeah...I doubt it.

May 29 - 04:25 PM

Nick Fury

Nick Fury

It'll get better reviews than most M. Night movies because of Will Smith's consistently good acting and the combined sexiness of Zoe Kravitz, Sophie Okonedo and Isabelle Fuhrman, but it's still an M. Night movie so it will get panned.

May 29 - 11:22 AM

Greg Feasel

Greg Feasel

It will be a miracle if the movie breaks the 10% barrier.

May 29 - 11:18 AM

Kenneth Elliott

Kenneth Elliott

I'm a little surprised that there is not a single review in yet,a nd the movie comes out in two days.

May 29 - 08:36 AM

Carlos Martinez

Carlos Martinez

That´s why this is going to suck very hard

May 29 - 10:08 AM

Greg Feasel

Greg Feasel

With The Last Airbender, I can't say I am not shocked. M. Night has taken a major nose dive into Ed Wood territory after Signs.

May 29 - 11:17 AM

Scott Santoro

Scott Santoro

I've seen it. Boy, does it stink. There's no twist ending. The effects are generally quite good. That's about it. 30%. Some people like everything.

May 29 - 08:14 AM

Oob

Ben Hallman

22%. The twist is that the film is actually a 23-minute pilot for a new Matthew Perry sitcom.

May 29 - 07:18 AM

Ken Chia

Ken Chia

25% and below. At its best is 50%

May 29 - 06:38 AM

Matt Norcross

Matt Norcross

45%
"Although much better than his previous films, such as The Last Airbender and The Happening, and despite a solid performance by Will Smith, M. Night Shyamalan's After Earth fails to live up to the standards of previous works such as "The Sixth Sense", largely due to a bland story, amateur special effects, and a wooden performance by Jaden Smith."

May 29 - 05:50 AM

Matt Norcross

Matt Norcross

45%
"Although muck better than his previous films, such as The Last Airbender and The Happening, and despite a solid performance by Will Smith, M. Night Shyamalan's After Earth fails to live up to the standards of previous works such as "The Sixth Sense", largely due to a bland story, amateur special effects, and a wooden performance by Jaden Smith."

May 29 - 05:49 AM

Matt Norcross

Matt Norcross

45%
"Although muck better than his previous films, such as The Last Airbender and The Happening, and despite a solid performance by Will Smith, M. Night Shyamalan's After Earth fails to live up to the standards of previous works such as "The Sixth Sense", largely due to a bland story, amateur special effects, and a wooden performance by Jaden Smith.

May 29 - 05:48 AM

Glenn M.

Glenn Meyer

No reviews and the movie opens at midnight Wednesday.That means only ONE thing.
IT STINKS.
I take no delight in that prediction. I want this movie to be good.

May 29 - 05:06 AM

Hats

Bart Higginstien

500% because niggers--I MEAN--black people--I MEAN--individuals originating from Africa.

May 29 - 03:14 AM

Andrea Tesone

Andrea Tesone

0%. Just Because is a M Night movie

May 29 - 12:46 AM

scifimark

scifi mark

Will Smith will probably keep it out of the terrible range so im guessing 50-70. The cgi looks really weak and low budget from what ive seen.

May 28 - 11:58 PM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

38%.

May 28 - 10:42 PM

Scott Wolfe

Scott Wolfe

Worst case scenario: 25%. Best case scenario 75%. Critics will probably hate some of the writing and direction but praise the acting and the tone of the movie.

May 28 - 08:03 PM

Stephen Sham

Stephen Sham

Best prediction so far. I expect Will Smith to fare well but his sn shows no emotion and looks extremely clueless the whole time.

May 29 - 05:31 AM

Devin Baranick

Devin Baranick

Worst case scenario: 6% Best case scenario: 45%

May 29 - 11:41 PM

Joe Littman

Joe Littman

Does anybody think that the lack of any reviews so soon before the movie's release is a BAD sign? I mean, don't movie producers usually keep their movies from advance screenings if they think its going to bomb, in order to limit the bad buzz?

May 28 - 06:18 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Precisely!

May 28 - 07:31 PM

Alivia Smith

Alivia Smith

because of the samalamamaa guy???

May 28 - 07:40 PM

Myron K.

Myron Kneedichertz

No screenings for reviewers = movie is crap. After Earth is going to suck so hard that Hoover is going to introduce a new Shyamalan vacuum and put Dyson out of business.

May 28 - 10:39 PM

scifimark

scifi mark

Its generally a sign the studio has little to no faith in the movie. Most movies are received poorly by critics when this tactic is taken

May 28 - 11:53 PM

Harsh Karthik

Harsh Karthik

Inception had a critical embargo on it too, and so is the upcoming Now You See Me.

May 29 - 03:06 AM

Jeremiah Johnson

Jeremiah Johnson

Yeah, but Nolan has a solid track record, Shyamalan not so much.

May 29 - 11:59 AM

scifimark

scifi mark

Thats why i said generally. Its not always the case but most times it is. You can generally tell though based on who is involved on a project.

May 29 - 11:15 PM

Diane Melton

Diane Melton

I want it to be good, but I think it will be 37%

May 28 - 05:45 PM

Alivia Smith

Alivia Smith

hmmmm

May 28 - 07:41 PM

Kenneth Elliott

Kenneth Elliott

I think this thing can potentially hit 60% fresh, only because action movies are favored by critics on this site, and becsuse the movie has an obligatory father-son message. From what I've seen, though, it deserves 1%

May 28 - 05:04 PM

Lorna Gomez Ponce

Lorna Gomez Ponce

I have the feeling that the kid may have acting talent, but if the movie it's gonna rely just on "him and his father playing the CGI", it may not be a great thing to watch. Yeah, seems to be some drama aside about the relationship father and son, in fact, they are going to play with the possibility of Will dead on Earth to save his son. I think they might find some other people living on earth and there maybe it's something to keep up the plot.

I'm giving 32-40%. Becuase the kid is good, Will too, but the plot isn't. And about the director... I'm not really a fan of his, but I've seen The Village, I've enjoyed it, but with the Happening having a great cast, and Avatar with a great story, he somehow ruined both of them.

May 27 - 07:45 PM

John Gagnon

John Gagnon

36.3978%

May 27 - 04:47 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Seems legit...

May 27 - 07:47 PM

President Pedro

President Pedro

27%

May 27 - 04:21 PM

Chris Wagner

Chris Wagner

70%

May 27 - 02:10 PM

Trenton Ledford

Trenton Ledford

I don't think it will be as low as everybody say . Why do you guys want it to get a 0%. You guys love seeing people fail. I think it will get a fresh tomato .m night isn't bad. He started off with three great films then he went down hill but I still think he's a great director and screenwriter. Writing screenplays is hard because we have to re write all the time. Just like novels some novels that S. King came out with wasnt good. I'm guessing it will get a 55-65 %. It's a big year for sc Fi films. Come on why do you guys want this film to get a 0%.

May 27 - 12:00 PM

Sean Gall

Sean Gall

Why do you insist on barraging the boards with your senseless ramblings?

May 29 - 02:44 PM

Sean Gall

Sean Gall

Ps. where did you see anyone say they want it to get a zero?

May 29 - 02:44 PM

Philip Seymour

Philip Seymour

32%

May 27 - 09:38 AM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

0% because of all the nigs in it.

May 26 - 09:01 PM

Mike Myres

Mike Myres

Tommy is just mad because Carlos won't give him any play. Loser.

May 27 - 12:11 PM

William Carnegie

William Carnegie

I would not exactly call it predicting, more like guessing. I hope it scores well and makes 60-70 mil for the weekend. JM2C.

May 26 - 04:30 PM

Mike Myres

Mike Myres

60-70% It will be better than Oblivion, but not by much.

May 26 - 01:40 PM

Alivia Smith

Alivia Smith

Im going to change and go with 16 to 27%%

May 26 - 11:56 AM

Jatinder Gujral

Jatinder Gujral

Just seen the interview with Graham Norton and now the interview with Alex Zane. This movie is building momentum now. Wait for the first reviews. I think they will be very, very good. I predict 88% positive and US domestic total of $200m and rest of the world total of $250, making a total of $450m at least.

May 25 - 04:31 PM

Mark Marble

Mark Marble

I think the world will end if this movie ends up at either 88% or 200 million domestically. It would have to far, far better than any of the tracking numbers are currently showing for that to happen.

May 29 - 01:44 PM

Mark Marble

Mark Marble

That was supposed to be "it would have to do far, far better..."

May 29 - 01:45 PM

Dakota O'Malley

Dakota O'Malley

I really think Will Smith knows a good script when he sees one. 60%.

May 25 - 01:45 PM

Luccas Pryor

Luccas Pryor

40%

May 25 - 12:13 PM

Mahash Boolabong

Mahash Boolabong

"The CGI looks stiff and awkward -- no, wait, that's Jaden Smith."

May 25 - 11:20 AM

The Master of Movies

The Master of Movies

hahaha

May 29 - 11:17 PM

Devin Baranick

Devin Baranick

19%

May 25 - 12:33 AM

Diego Tutweiller

38%.

"After Earth has good visuals, but is bogged down by a drab Will Smith performance and a lack of creative direction. M. Night Shyamalan continues his losing streak."

May 24 - 09:28 PM

Myron K.

Myron Kneedichertz

15%. If was any good they'd build an ad campaign around the review buzz. This is gonna be another Shyamalan stink bomb.

May 24 - 08:10 PM

Joseph  E.

Joseph Enoch

12%," Final nail in the coffin"

May 24 - 01:01 PM

Mark Angelini

Mark Angelini

52%

"Although it's admittedly better than some of his more recent work, Shyamalan's After Earth is overly repetitive and familiar, and a wooden lead performance from Jaden Smith just makes things worse"

May 24 - 09:49 AM

Mark Angelini

Mark Angelini

52%

"Shyamalan has suceeded in making his best movie since Signs: After Earth is thrilling and well-acted, despite being overly repetitive and familiar

May 24 - 09:47 AM

Shawn Dougherty

Shawn Dougherty

Judging by the previews, I don't think Will's son has inherited any of his dad's acting talent or charisma. Guess we'll see.

May 23 - 09:04 PM

Andrew Targaryen

Andrew Targaryen

High 40s

May 23 - 04:14 PM

Josh Robertson

Josh Robertson

7%

May 23 - 03:03 AM

Sunny Don

Sunny Don

39%

May 23 - 12:25 AM

Tejas Rege

Tejas Rege

70% Definitely..!!

May 22 - 08:25 PM

Alivia Smith

Alivia Smith

late 40s to mid 50s... who knows.

May 22 - 08:06 PM

Alivia Smith

Alivia Smith

late 40s mid 50s, who knows.

May 22 - 08:05 PM

John Gagnon

John Gagnon

I want to like this movie but the trailers look so dumb. 45%

May 22 - 06:45 PM

Tom Dan

Tom Dan

30%. the guy directed the happening. tells u all u need to know

May 22 - 12:49 PM

Thomas R.

Thomas Reed

Travis--Bruce Willis pulled off "Sixth Sense" Are you saying that Will Smith is not up to the same challenge? M Night has a unusual vision when it comes to movie making, now lets just how versatile Smith really is. One thing for sure, there will be no middle ground "After Earth" will be great or it will tank. There will be no middle ground. It is going to depend on the amount of energy everyone brings to the effort.

May 21 - 07:20 PM

Thomas R.

Thomas Reed

M Night is not your average director so I don?t expect to see the average movie. I expect a difference, which is why I am attracted to M Night. He doesn?t do what is expected and for a number of meat and potatoes moviegoers who expect the script to go their way it isn?t always a good match up. One thing for sure M Night always swings for the fences and he does it with an unusual style. This is either going to be epic or it is going to tank, I doubt there is going to be any room for the middle ground.

May 21 - 07:02 PM

Ann Hills

Ann Hills

Well said!

May 24 - 12:31 PM

Micah Woolman

Micah Woolman

It's gonna get 40-50%. Just average. It will be like Tron:Legacy. No character development, decent plot, terrible direction, great cinematography.

May 21 - 01:34 PM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

I'm saying 68%. Not terrible, but good for MNS

May 21 - 08:20 AM

Brandon Boykin

Brandon Boykin

I'm going to say 60%-70%, but I'm hoping for anything in the 80 percentile. After The Happening and Avatar, M. Night needs it desperately.

May 21 - 06:02 AM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

Avatar? That was James Cameron not M. Night and it was a great film

May 21 - 04:31 PM

Mike Myres

Mike Myres

Avatard was very.... very... bad. It was the most boring cgi movie I ever watched.

May 21 - 06:28 PM

Thomas R.

Thomas Reed

M. Night did "Avatar the last air bender" not a very good movie. However, I was also disappointed in James Cameron's "Avatar" So much potential wasted on a really poor plot.

May 21 - 07:06 PM

Brandon Boykin

Brandon Boykin

Avatar: The Last Airbender, dude.

May 25 - 06:28 PM

Leo Monteiro

Leo Monteiro

both movies sucked. Camereon is overrated as is M.NightShamalamdingdong

May 30 - 07:53 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

It was awesome in IMAX 3D, but watching it on regular tv it does drag on at parts but I still think it was a great movie overall.

May 21 - 08:23 PM

All-Knowing Panda

The Panda

They are talking about the last airbender, M Night did NOT direct Avatar, he isn't that good of a director

May 23 - 09:06 PM

Tejas Rege

Tejas Rege

But Avatar wasn't that good a movie either.

May 28 - 07:54 AM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

30%

May 21 - 05:51 AM

Tom Antonelli

Tom Antonelli

0%

May 20 - 11:33 PM

ManOnFire

The ManOnFire

I don't know, this may actually be a good movie. I would say 70s.

May 20 - 07:40 PM

Emile Szabo

Emile Szabo

40s

May 20 - 07:00 PM

Keon Reza

Keon Reza

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 70-80%. I think this is M.Night's comeback film. He's an intelligent director, he's had big misses but I think he's learned from his mistakes and with Will Smith and his son taking the reigns in this one it's hard for it to be an utter failure. Will Smith usually appears in above average movies. The only thing I'm a little concerned about is the CGI, I hope they polished it up because from the trailer it looked kind of like how I Am Legend's CGI was, which was dissappointing and ironically also starred Will Smith.

May 20 - 06:20 PM

bob  j.

bob jones

39%

May 20 - 06:12 PM

Deckard42

A Lai

58%: A step up from M Night Shyamalan's latest films, After Earth is too cliched and too mundane to match its creative visuals.

May 20 - 01:50 PM

Brandon McGee

Brandon McGee

I'm thinking within the 55-65% range.

May 20 - 01:47 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

27%

May 20 - 01:13 PM

Jessie Richards

Jessie Richards

46%

May 20 - 12:38 PM

Fred Poisson

Fred Poisson

i'm going to go out on a limb and predict 70% Shyamalan is a great director when he wants to be and Will Smith generall delivers a fairly consistent product

May 20 - 11:59 AM

Paul Cassidy

Paul Cassidy

38%

May 20 - 11:16 AM

Johnem95

John Mathews

36%

May 20 - 06:40 AM

Nekrobomb Jones

Nekrobomb Jones

This is an odd thread. To guess how everyone is going to think about something no one has seen.

May 20 - 06:17 AM

Johnem95

John Mathews

I'm gonna say 36%.

May 20 - 06:39 AM

Johnem95

John Mathews

But that's the point of predicting, right?

May 20 - 06:40 AM

Thomas R.

Thomas Reed

That is the point.

May 21 - 07:09 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile