91% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

—— Wilfred: Season 4
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

2019 - Dopo la caduta di New York (After the Fall of New York) Reviews

March 4, 2011
It's the movie that the "Children of Men" Ripped right out of the books and copied it in every way, And this movie I am talking about is of course the big budget (Made to look like) Italian post-apocalyptic movie "2019: After the Fall of New York"! It's really nothing short of being larger than life "Sergio Martino" Italian Blockbuster it's pretty good despite the error's and production values that are very amusing to one to view. I have no doubt in my mind "Alfonso Cuarón" director of "The Children of Men" was a fan of this movie I have simply seen to so many references including the story with the last fertile Women Left on Earth.

So what will the world be like in 2019? The movies surprisingly have quite a lot to say on the subject and that particular year. Akira (1988) shows a technologically advanced civilization that suffers from violence. Soylent Green (1973) shows a society overrun with an oversized population and lack of food. Blade Runner (1982) shows a world dying, the skies permanently blackened and the majority of people moving to other planets. As per usual, the predictions are rather grim, and 2019: After the Fall of New York, in terms of prediction, is probably the grimmest of them all.

Our Narrator tells us that no human child has been born for 18 years (Since the Nuclear War) and society is nothing but many fractions such as the Asian-Japanese Culture/Fraction the Eurax. They are a fraction outside any known government Control and they are desperately trying to save the human (Despite them being evil!). They control just about all of America and there Base of operation is New York City.
And beyond them is the American Union the last thing left of any known Government, But they have Intel that there is a fertile Women Living in NYC that could give life again, But they need her for there "Interstellar Travel spaceship to another planet (No Joke Ether)" So they send 3 men in who know the city....So it gets simple

FIND HER AND GET THE HELL OUT BEFORE THE EURAX GET HER!

We'll all you do is Rip-off "Escape from New York" "The Road Warrior (Mad Max 2)" And add some element's from "Planet of the Apes" And really just have this....Though in all respect it was better than "Escape from New York" ever was, Many say that's action pact, Personally I didn't see it.
The story is erratically wrong, But in a good way there are some interesting element's like "Big Ape" for example this monkey/Human like creature even though he doesn't look like an Ape. The ending scene was WTF and again WTF. But you know it's coming....The ending chase scene was okay, enough violence to keep one entertained.

The acting is okay, Michael Sopkiw is often described in this movie as an American Hero in Italy, Playing a role for an Italian Sci-fi/Exploitation picture. Anna Kanakis plays the hot, Female Eurax leader she is okay I guess, George Eastman even has a role in this movie, he plays the leader of the Apes, And he wants out of the city and goes with them. So for everyone else......Well done....Sort off.

The first Italian flick of its kind to use "Computer Generated Imagery" for the laser at the end firing at their car in the Holland Tunnel, And Michael Sopkiw car is reinforced with Steel Plates to stop that from Happening. So overall it looks decent, The special effects are okay, The starting scene showing the ruins of the city looked pretty good, Nothing to complain about.
Like all Italians they made the killing scenes in this movie violent, With loads of blood and gore despite the picture not being all that graphic. This movie only holds a less than 15 rating so don't expect much of it.

The Eurax look like freken Storm-troopers from Star-wars, And there Japanese Leader looks like Darth-Vader, But hay....Italians....
The music is decent, But overall nothing more.

So it's a decent Sci-Fi flick, After this I never looked at the Children of Men the same ever again. Of yeah before I go I forgot to say there is a large Picasso mural from Children of Men in this movie.

August 25, 2010
After a nuclear war, society breaks down into two groups, the evil Euraks and the rebel Federation. A mercenary named Parsifal (Michael Sopkiw) is hired by the Federation to infiltrate New York City, which is controlled by the Euraks, to rescue the only fertile woman (Valentine Monnier) left on Earth.

This movie has a lot of elements from other films (Mad Max, The Ultimate Warrior) and a very small budget, but despite its shortcomings this movie pulls through. This film features the first performance from Michael Sopkiw; he may well be on course for the title of Italy's most ridiculous actor. That being said, his looks and style suit this film very well, and it's actually a very good performance considering the type of movie. Sopkiw is joined by an array of unknown Italian actors, and George Eastman; who makes a special guest appearance as Big Ape. Martino does a solid, praiseworthy job with the admittedly threadbare script; the pace zips along at a constant speedy clip, the production values are a touch chintzy, but acceptable, there's an ample amount of lively, well-orchestrated action. The final car chase is well ripped off, but still worthy.

In the end, 2019: After the Fall of New York isn't brilliant but it's a decent Sci-Fi romp, and fans will no doubt appreciate it.

Story: C
Acting: B
Direction: B-
Visuals: B+
Overall: B-

**1/2 out of 4 stars
ken j

December 30, 2008
After a nuclear war society breaks down which of course it always does in these kinda movies into two groups of people the evil Euraks and the rebel federation who asks for the help of a mercenary named Parsifal to go into the heavely guarded New York to find and protect the last fertiel woman on earth so that she might be able to save the future of mankind. This movie is good for all the wrong reasons Cheesy sets story just everything but in that good kinda way kinda alittle bit like Escape from New york and Mad Max combined
Patrick D

January 30, 2008
The basic plot: one man sent to an apocalypse ravaged new york, seem to be similar to Escape from New York, but this film is quite different.
The lead is no Snake Plisken, that's for sure, more like a Knight of the Round table if King Arthur's court was located in Xanadu. And he is sent with 2 buddies, and one I actually like more than him. The guy had a clamp/claw thing instead of a hand and was kinda sensitive.
The minitures in this film are obvious but enjoyable cause they look cool, and although it is a B-movie the locations, where you see the actores, were quite amazing, so they must have had a bit of dough to play around with.
Their mission also is pretty interesting as they are going to New York to retrieve the rumored last fertile women who resides there.
What I loved about the film is the society that were represented in the destroyed New York, a large about of Action and violent + blood/gore that you would only expect from an Italian made exploitation flick.
There is no nudity, but I didn't find that took much away from it. There's also one part where a woman gets the upper hand over a dominant male, and there's one that kicks ass, which is rare in this kind of film, as even elsewhere in the film they represent women as wet blankets.
Another great aspect is that there are two car chase(ish) scenes, that were really quite great.
If you're a fan of Post-Apocalypse flick, watch this and love it, if you didn't even like Mad Max, you won't like this one.
October 8, 2007
Flame thrower and post apocalypse? I'm there.

March 4, 2011

FIND HER AND GET THE HELL OUT BEFORE THE EURAX GET HER!

The music is decent, But overall nothing more.

FilmGrinder S.
February 17, 2011
"Huh! They've been combing the city for you guys, like yous' was bunches of bannanas. Why?"- Big Ape (George Eastmen)

A cult classic to be sure.
David H.
November 1, 2010
The Best Post-Apocalyptian Movie The Anti-Hero really kicks Ass, the Euraks are really dooming and the Apemen are really crazy in the Dark Atmosphere of the Radiated Manhattan

August 25, 2010

Overall: B-

**1/2 out of 4 stars
Jesse P.
August 17, 2010
What can I say 2019 after the fall of New York rocks it is the best post-apocalyptic film around it easily goes as one of my favorite movies ever! So I watched this on the way to Japan on my Laptop with Kelton and in my opinion even this is better the escape from New York and Mad max 2.

So the story of the film is set in 2019 after a nuclear holocaust. But its aftermath was much greater then the war itself. Due to Radiation contamination everything it left even women on the planet sterile. The American government sends a mercenary to the city to see if the rumors are true of a fertile women living there. Now the story inset the best but it still entertains you big time. The film was made to capsize the success of the road warrior and escape from New York but still they did a good job.

The acting was very good and the dubbing witch is usually crap in these kinds of Italian films was good. They actually tried to do it right. The special effects are very good. Including an impressive shot of the Ruins of New York city. The music was good not great but the starting music really set the scene.
Here are some facts I found on the film.

This was the most expensive Italian film ever made for the time.

The opening shot of the ruins of New York were shot Twice the first time it looked very unconvincing. Then the second time they fixed the problem by improving it big time and it looked much better then before.

Despite being set in New York City the outdoor shots were mostly filmed in Australia and the indoor shots in Rome.

This goes on my favorite films list!

The film was nearly out of funding while filming so the Australian government proved 3 million dollars to help the film out but only 1 million was needed the rest went to the marketing.

I am one of the only people that own Lobby card to this film witch are still in good condition. (But the writing is in Italian)

The tunnel scene was the hardest scene to film because of problems with the car and the shape of the tunnel.

Overall it was a great action movie and I highly recommend it if you like Post-apocalyptic films and Sci-Fi?s you will not be disappointed by the ending tunnel scene. Don?t miss this one if you can find it.