Will Naomie Harris Do "28 Weeks Later"?

From "28 Days Later" to "After the Sunset" to "Pirates 2" to "Miami Vice," the lovely and talented Naomie Harris kinda came out of nowhere. But would she be interested in returning for the sequel "28 Weeks Later"?

From IGN FilmForce: "The actress admitted that she had no idea whether she'd be in the movie or not but she did reveal that she was recently on a London-to-L.A. flight with "28" producer Andrew Macdonald, who advised her that there may be a part for her in the sequel.

Harris expressed interest in reprising her role as the tough survivor Selena but she did not know anything further about the sequel. She said the script is still being written (by Rowan Joffe) so it is possible that Selena might not end up in it. "28 Weeks Later" will be directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo.

(Fox recently claimed a May release date for the sequel, which means they probably like the screenplay.)

Comments

Master King Sexington

Tyler Jones

If she's in it or not, I'll be there opening day. Long live being infected with rage!!!

Jul 19 - 01:41 AM

Runciter

Roberto Cancelo

Juan Carlos is a great Spanish director and he will do an excelent work.

Jul 19 - 03:22 AM

dracus

Cap Nord

If Naomie Harris is smart she'll do it.

Jul 19 - 06:34 AM

Stro

Jason Evanish

[b]how?[/b]
At the end the zombies are all dead or dying....

...do we need a "rebuilding" film?

the first one was good enough to get me in to the sequel, but until i hear more about the plot, I'm skeptical

Jul 19 - 02:33 PM

thadeus_79

Ted Osborn

me too, I don't know whether a sequel is needed, but I really enjoyed 28 Days Later.

Jul 19 - 03:18 PM

jenniferofthejungle

Jennifer OftheJungle

I didn't know they were planning another. I don't see the point either, but if it's well made I'll see it.

Jul 19 - 03:22 PM

skletonkee

Nicholas Hatten

[b]hopes she's in it...[/b]
she was the heart of the first film.

Jul 19 - 04:55 PM

kalabus

Atorrius Merkaba

[b]I cannot see how a sequel would work.[/b]
The issue had been resolved. The infected had died. Return to nature and the birth of love and all that **** had been attained.

The ending is perfectly acceptable now. The story has been told.

Jul 19 - 05:25 PM

Horstradamus

Marius Horst

[b]It wasn't over...[/b]
The issue was never resolved in the first movie. The infected had started dying out in London. It also said there had been reports of the virus in New York and Paris. Just like any parasite, no matter its lifespan, a virus will keep spreading until there are no more suitable hosts to infect.

It would probably take a hell of a lot longer than 28 weeks to infect and destroy the entire planet.

Trust me. It wasn't even close to being over in the first movie.

Jul 19 - 06:31 PM

I Am Remote

Robert Pilkington

Is Cillian Murphy back?

Jul 19 - 06:01 PM

Horstradamus

Marius Horst

[b]It wasn't over...[/b]

Trust me. It wasn't even close to being over in the first movie.

Jul 19 - 06:31 PM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

I love the first one, one of the best horror films of all time, and the best zombie film ever. I hope this sequel isn't just lame. If it's a worthwhile sequel I hope Naomie Harris is in it.

Jul 19 - 07:59 PM

scottybarkbark

jonathan watterman

[b]2nd best movie of 2003[/b]
I will definitely see the sequel to this

Jul 20 - 09:08 AM

New on DVD & Blu-Ray
New on DVD & Blu-Ray

Transcendence, Sabotage, Shōgun...

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer
Annabelle Trailer

Horror spin-off of The Conjuring

Laggies Trailer
Laggies Trailer

Keira Knightley is a responsible rebel