94% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

—— Wilfred: Season 4
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Aftershock Reviews

January 1, 2014
Shocking film, gruesome scenes, brutal cruel storyline that was a little unbelievable at times
December 28, 2013
For the love of god, stop giving Eli Roth money!
December 23, 2013
J'aurai pu participer au scénar, à l'aise.
ForrestBlump
December 20, 2013
Fun time watching the last 60 minutes
December 7, 2013
total bullshit. Eli Roth proving he's a talentless bellend.
ap sirius
December 3, 2013
You would think working with Quenton Tarentino would have rubbed off a little on Eli Roth, during Inglorious Basterds, and made Eli into a better filmmaker. But alas that doesnt seem to be the case. Aftershock recycles Mr Roth's themes from Hostel with young adults traveling in a foriegn country and get caught up in some grusome going ons. This time he has just added an earthquake to the mayhem. Could have been a decent movie if it wasnt for the lazy scriptwriting. The only redeeming quality is decent effects for a low budget film.
December 1, 2013
After seeing tons of tweets about this Eli produced/starring movie, I finally checked it out. The movie was pretty good. A little iffy at the end, but still enjoyable.
November 1, 2012
I very rarely get offended at a film but this really rubbed me the wrong way. They've taken an actual tragedy and turned it into a gruesome horror(/comedy?) B-movie throwback. I'm with it on paper but given how poorly this was handled, I can hardly even come up with anything positive to say about it.
November 28, 2013
Straight-up trashy cinema that has no clue how to be so bad it's good, and you really don't care about a single person in this. The kills are surprisingly mediocre and I figured with Eli Roth being involved, there'd be some guilty pleasure fun. Instead, it's rather depraved and crosses the line of taste a few times (particularly right before the end). There is a kind-of-cool reveal near the end that I didn't see coming, but the rest is so painfully bad that it ultimately added up to a pile of crap.
November 26, 2013
Three stars might be a little generous for this movie, but there were redeeming factors about it. The acting wasn't horrible, it wasn't great either... The end, though relatively original, could be seen coming from a mile away (PUN). Not the best effort by Eli Roth, but then again, he only helped write it. I'd say skip this one unless you've really been dying to see it. It's not a bad movie, it's just not a good movie either.
November 13, 2013
Eli Roth y sus amigos van de vacaciones a Chile y se encuentran con un catastrófico terremoto pero la verdadera amenaza, como siempre, viene del hombre. "Aftershock" es una cinta que carga con los predecibles clichés del género de terror (seguramente cortesía de la contribución de Roth al guión) y aunque la cinta pierda su tiempo durante los primeros 40 minutos, al menos esta divierte por el resto de su duración en como vemos la muerte de los personajes desechables.
"Aftershock" no es una gran cinta pero si resulta entretenida si esperas ver una violenta película de destrucción.
October 31, 2013
Prepare yourself for a very low budget, but very well rounded thriller/horror movie. Eli Roth gives us alot of suprises while doing it on a smaller scale than we would expect
October 28, 2013
not bad, not bad, the ending was impressive
October 23, 2013
An Eli Roth-penned disaster flick set in the midst of a late night at the club in urban Chile. Close your eyes and try to envision a film based on that description alone and chances are good you'll nail it in one shot. This is thoroughly flippant, sloppy, random and depraved, not even remotely unlike Roth's preceding flicks Hostel and Cabin Fever, so if that's your thing get after it. Personally, I appreciated some of the more creative kills - the last half-hour basically trots them out one after another - and the liberal bloodletting amongst the primary cast members, but it has little else to offer beyond crimson-drenched scenery and some weak SFX shots. Minor points for jerking the wheel a'la Dusk Till Dawn with the mid-sentence earthquake, though.
October 20, 2013
A gorefest that starts out well but ends up getting lazy. Aftershock may be fun at times but some scenes feel repetitive.
October 19, 2013
Don't be fooled by its B-movie status and low budget effects. Despite a random and goofy ending, it's entertaining, gory, and phenomenally acted.
Hamee
October 19, 2013
This was a dark and depraved movie that served absolutely no purpose. What a waste of time.
October 19, 2013
Good film - if you have time, just check it
October 14, 2013
This film pissed me off with how awful it was. The first half was fine, kinda amusing in its awfulness... but the last half??? Disgusting. How anyone could find pleasure... Gah...
Nukleopatra
October 11, 2013
What happens when Eli Roth writes a movie? Hint: Nothing good!