Agent Cody Banks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Agent Cody Banks Reviews

½ March 29, 2012
A fun movie that I enjoyed when I was younger. It was something that was pretty edgy when I was younger and I just felt really cool watching it. It's a clever take on the spy movie genre that has more of a nostalgia factor for me.
February 8, 2010
Definitely a movie meant for kids, but it's tolerable for adults as well. It's kind of ridiculous, but in a fun way. I like the pairing of Frankie Muniz and Hilary Duff. (First and only full viewing - 1/19/2015)
½ October 24, 2007
Producida por Madonna, "Agent Cody Banks" es una fantasía juvenil acerca de un adolescente reclutado por la CIA para ser un agente secreto con todo incluído: autos, dispositivos y mujeres hermosas. Pese al carisma de Frankie Muniz (el protagonista de la serie "Malcolm"), la cinta está llena de incongruencias, cursilería y clichés. Y aunque el agente es adolescente, el tono de la cinta es definitivamente infantil.
June 5, 2015
Teen spy movie has basic teen spy stuff. Still fun, though.
May 27, 2015
I'm not your partner. I'm your handler...like the zoo.

Cody Banks one day while skateboarding runs into a car where an infant climbed behind the wheel and appears to be steering to his death. He saves the kid and is identified by the CIA as a potential special agent to infiltrate a private school, make a girl fall in love with him, and get her to spill the beans on her diabolical father. Cody will be learning on the job but may save the world in the process.

"Do you, by chance, happen to be in special ed?"

Harald Zwart, director of The Karate Kid (2010), Long Flat Balls 1 & 2, The Pink Panther 2, Commander Hamilton, and the upcoming The 12th Man, delivers Agent Cody Banks. The storyline for this picture is terrible and on par with the last couple Spy Kids movies. The special effects are disappointing as is the acting. The cast includes Frankie Muniz, Hilary Duff, Keith David, Angie Harmon, Ian McShane, and Arnold Vosloo.

"You make a really bad first impression, and terrible second..."

I came across this on HBOGO and thought it would be a fun movie to watch with my daughter. She watched about two-thirds of it before she lost interest. It has some components kids would enjoy; but as an overall picture, it's terrible. I recommend skipping this unless there is absolutely nothing else on.

"This may be our last, best chance."

Grade: F
½ March 30, 2015
Here is a somewhat fresh spin to the spy genre. Somewhat fresh, because there is a formula; or better yet, a pattern. Even to Spy Kids. Agent Cody Banks is a pretty decent vehicle for Frankie Muniz. He is a 15-year-old recruited into a teen CIA program. His "handler" is Angie Harmon from Law & Order. Banks' mission is to get close to Hilary Duff's Natalie, daughter of a scientist that has developed programmable nanobots. The film becomes a junior version of James Bond facing Doctor No. It may be clichéd, but it plays out well. Arnold Vosloo and Ian McShane are perfect fantastic villains; although McShane is oddly tan in the role. Banks is an enjoyable mission. If Diary of a Wimpy Kid were weaponized.
½ November 6, 2007
A little slow. Not that much action.
January 29, 2015
People who wanted to see more of Malcolm should be pleased by the outcome but beyond that there's not much to like. Full review later.
½ January 15, 2015
Silly family action film.
January 4, 2015
An embarrassing, shallow, cringe worthy and hideously formulaic mess. Even for the target audience, the shallow generic premise of this movie will leave ALL viewers wondering where the last 103 minutes of their life went.
½ March 17, 2009
Pretty bad, but not without at least some entertainment value.
September 15, 2012
11 years ago when this came out, I loved this movie like nobody else on the planet, I had my dad take me to it at least 4 times in the theater and now I can really see all of the problems this film has. Nothing here really stands out and the script is weak in my opinion. All the jokes fail to make you laugh, the characters are one dimensional, the acting is bland and not very good, and most of the action disappoints. When Cody Banks would look like he is doing a stunt, it is clearly obvious that there were stunt doubles doing all the work because the camera at times would just film his legs and they could have done a better job at making it look like Frankie Muniz was doing the skateboarding and snowboarding. The cgi and green screen whenever it showed was weak and wasn't convincing at all. Frankie Muniz was only okay in my opinion, but he didn't contribute much of anything. Hilary Duff came off as a bland actress and she wasn't believable at all, she was only put on here because of her Lizzie McGuire show and for her looks and not for her nonexistent acting abilities. Connor Widdows as Cody's brother Alex was annoying and I hated every moment he was on screen. Ian McShane played a very weak villain and all he does is walk around and talk about his evil plan. Flaws aside, the only things I liked about this easily forgettable movie were that I thought that the fight scenes were mildly entertaining and were decently choreographed and I thought the plot involving the nanobots was believable and interesting.
½ July 24, 2014
It's not horrible, but very easily forgettable. It tries to be like James Bond for adolescents, but has the appeal of a lackluster kid's movie like recent Spy Kids installments.
August 19, 2011
Frankie Muniz plays a young teen spy who must save the world and the girl (Duff) and in while doing so he gives kids what they want, but offers nothing special.
½ April 9, 2014
THIS MOVIE IS TERRIBLE AND GROSS! THEY KISS AT THE END! THEY PROBABLY GOT COOTIES! MY MOMMY SAYS THAT KISSING GIRLS IS BAD BECAUSE YOU CAN GET DISEASES LIKE CONAN DISEASE! MY MOMMY SAYS THATS HOW I WAS BORN! I'M 6! HOW OLD ARE YOU? MY MOMMY SAYS NOT TO TALK TO STRANGERS ONLINE BUT THEN AGAIN SHE GOT CONAN DISEASE! SO WHO DO I TRUST? NO ONE! I LIVE THE THUG LIFE #BIRDGANG BRUH! AALSO HILLARY DUFF CAN GET IT ;). BUT I AM 6 AND DON'T LIKE GIRLS
March 13, 2014
Maybe I should watch it again cause I don't remember it being that bad.
½ February 23, 2014
The story is about Cody Banks played by Frankie Muniz, some guy who went nowhere with his life gets plucked out of the suburban obscurity to be trained as a secret agent for the CIA. His mission is to get close to his classmate Natalie Connors played by Hilary Duff so that he can uncover her father Dr.Connors played by Martin Donovan's diabolical scheme to create indestructible robots. But of course he has to deal with his human life as well which includes his parents, his homework and his self-esteem. When I first watched this movie, it was badass! I still remember parts of it and I still remember it being great. The action was memorable, the climax and ending was great and we had a somewhat good villain. Agent Cody Banks gets a solid 8.6/10.
March 5, 2014
Suffering from a rushed through screenplay and a kooky feel to it, this movie is like a kid who had to much caffeine: unpredictable, unsettling, and clumsy.
February 25, 2014
the thing that made this movie bearable was Angie Harmon.
January 23, 2014
From what I remeber, it was some pretty hokey, unoriginal stuff. Just anohter deriative movie to be honest.