A.I. Artificial Intelligence - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A.I. Artificial Intelligence Reviews

½ November 30, 2015
The movie is decent,nugh said
June 28, 2014
This is a very genuine film with great filmmaking behind it, it did waste a lot of potential and didn't expand on too many ideas like it should have.
In a certain sense though, it's beautifully fascinating - and flawed.
November 9, 2015
I wonder what it would have been like if Kubrick actually could direct it. Beginning of the film introduces the same questions and themes as Blade Runner (and essentially "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?"), but then it just spirals into an adventure, which seems to get out of hand and lasts way too long.
½ November 7, 2015
This movie on its own is pretty disappointing, considering the movie is nowhere close to how Kubrick writes movies. However, this movie has a huge savior: Steven Speilberg. This movie was meant to be created by Kubrick... then he passed away. Steven tried so hard to match up Kubrick's writing style. Overall, the movie isn't good, but is a successful movie that is watchable. This is an overall guilty pleasure.

7/10 (3.5/5)
½ October 24, 2015
Dramatic scifi has given us some of Spielberg's greatest achievements, and this morally unsettling outing is a heart-wrenching and scary empathy machine. If we create a robot to love, what is our ethical obligation to love him back? Great performances, especially from Osment, and phenomenal effects help support this surprisingly successful combination of two very different auteurs (Kubrick and Spielberg).
½ January 26, 2012
It has all the ingredients of Spielberg's best, but for whatever reason, when the credits roll, the feels are nonexistent.
August 23, 2007
Boring!!! I thought this ended, only for it to go on for another hour!!
October 20, 2015
It's hard for me to give a Spileberg flick a bad rating, but this one just gets by with a passing grade.
October 18, 2015
I hadn't seen this movie in a long time. This one of the most beautiful love stories I've seen....a great movie. I wouldn't expect anything less from Steven Spielberg.
November 2, 2014
This movie is great. It's better than critic say it is. A very misunderstood movie. Also it's very underrated like Indiana Jones 4.
October 26, 2012
I assume this is what an acid trip feels like. B-
October 7, 2015
It feels like a book with several chapters sporadically deleted from the story. Commentary on the worst parts of humanity. David is supposed to be built to convince people that he is a real boy with real emotions and capable of love, but throughout the movie, one starts to wonder if Haley Joe Osment is himself a real boy.
October 5, 2015
La seule bonne idée d'AI réside dans ses 20 dernières minutes avec la séquences des Aliens extrêmement touchante et thought-provoking. Malheureusement, pour en arriver là, il faut subir deux heures d'une bêtise incommensurable, aussi lentes qu'inintéressantes. AI ressemble plus à une mini-série dont on aurait coupé tous les questionnements intéressants pour arriver à une réflexion pas dénuée de sens mais arrivant bien trop tard pour être réellement convaincante. C'est d'autant plus dommage que le film a plutôt bien vieilli visuellement et possède quelques performances réussies comme celles de Jude Law ou William Hurt. Mais la greffe entre les idées de Kubrick et de Spielberg ne prend quasiment jamais, laissant donc AI être un film très agaçant, trop long mais pas loin de toucher au but.
½ October 3, 2015
The incredible journey of a young artificially intelligent boy. Amazing.
½ September 30, 2015
A touching & haunting epic amalgam of moods & adventures. There is already a movement afoot to define & defend robot rights as close to human rights as possible. And then it might eventually be be the other around as the strongest impulse from humans & some sentient emotional sentimental robots. The results is more likely to be that of "Terminator" than "A.I.".
June 7, 2007
Gets more Kubrick the more I see it, which is ultra-high praise for Spielberg honoring his friend's project.
June 25, 2011
A little bit grim and long to my taste. Otherwise a very touching movie.
August 27, 2015
AI is NOT about AI - this is about faith, love and hope, about soul.. Does not matter where the soul is placed.- in muscles, bones or in a steel box. This film could be compared only with the Gospel - it is unique and priceless.
½ January 18, 2009
Watched this again to give it another chance and still came away disappointed. There are some interesting bits here and there but Spielberg's typical overly sentimental fluff is all over it and really brings the movie down. The ending is also still complete rubbish.