• PG-13, 1 hr. 31 min.

Airheads Reviews

MANUGINO
MANUGINO

July 5, 2009
The amps are on but nobody's home.

Saw it again! Great Comedy! This is a great movie that simply doesn't get alot of credit. This movie has an original plot line with good humour and good acting. Keep in mind that this movie comes very early on in the careers of all three title characters. Personally I find the calibre of acting that Fraser and Sandler have in this movie better than some that came afterwards. I highly recommend this movie is you want to watch a good movie, not something you will have to work up to sitting thru.

Three would be rockers Chazz, Rex and Pip, known as The Lone Rangers plan to play their demo on a recording company, but then they're turned down rudely. Then they decide to try the famous rock n' roll radio station, but are not accepted either. Then they decide arm themselves with squirt guns and take the station hostage for not playing their demo. But the three get more than what they have bargained for.
July 18, 2014
Tons of amazing guest appearances by actors from all over the comedy genre and such. A fun idea follows an entertaining story.
July 16, 2014
This movie is wonderful. What the fuck is wrong with you people? It's Dog Day Afternoon robbed of all political and social significance, which are replaced by generic burnout rebellion. What more could you possibly want?
May 26, 2014
Pretty lame with a few chuckles
May 16, 2007
not bad, everyone is so young!!
Billy T
January 29, 2014
Funny, everyone I've spoken to loves it. But I guess it wasn't up to the Ivy League professional movie reviewers standards. Metal Rules!!
May 19, 2014
One of those dumb comedies that came around in the nineties about a rock and roll band holding a radio station hostage in order to get their demo tape played and scoring a big contract- the thing that made this one special was definitely the cast- Brendan Fraser is the leader of the band, while Adam Sandler and Steve Buscemi are his cohorts in crime- they all had there moments and I'd give Buscemi the nod for best out of the three- they surprisingly had some depth to them, especially Fraser- but there's not a whole lot to this one, the cast, some of which were barely starting out, is the only reason to give this a look- you also have some cameos of Chris Farley and David Arquette-the film has a carefree and easy going approach throughout almost seeming like a long Saturday Night live skit- if you were ever in a band, or just a fan of big hair rock n roll, give this one a gander
April 13, 2014
Dumb 90s band comedy that kind of reminds me of Spinal Tap, but not as good. It's not funny, extremely outdated, and not very exciting.
The 90s grunge band The Lone Rangers hold a rock radio station hostage until they play their demo tape. This causes an uprising with the police and with the staff of the station when the guns the band is threatening them with are just water guns.
Like I said, not very funny but has a significant cast (pre-popular Sandler, Buscemi, Fraser, Chris Farley). It's not unbearable, but dumb. It's filled with slapstick, partying, and rock n roll.
February 12, 2010
Airheads is a nineties gem. Brendan Fraser, Steve Buscemi and Adam Sandler are a funny trio, and really make this an entertaining, although stupid, movie. I think the soundtrack could have and should have been better, but it is an amusing movie on the whole. (First viewing - In my early twenties)
December 23, 2013
A forgettable, unfunny comedy.
August 14, 2011
It might be a ridiculous and completely dumb film by most critical standards, but dammit, the movie is entertaining and was not meant to be taken seriously. It's pretty hilarious.
November 17, 2013
It looks as though Airheads could have been a good movie, or at least a fairly decent one, but they just kept screwing it up. Many of the characters are just plain jerks, and I think they made some pretty poor casting choices. Brendan Fraser and Steve Buscemi are okay, but why'd they pick Adam Sandler? That guy can't even act! The story seems very improbable, and I can't help but think that it glamorises the very rock and roll terrorism that the main characters didn't really want to have to resort to in the first place. But in all fairness, the film doesn't exactly stereotype heavy metal too much. In fact, the film actually makes numerous covert references to metal bands that were popular at the time, and if there's one good part of the film, it's that they actually got White Zombie to play on a stage for this film. All in all, this film does have its moments, but it's mostly crap, mainly because there's absolutely no jokes whatsoever, even though it's supposed to be a comedy movie.
September 25, 2013
Still a classic. Even Nucky Thompson starts somewhere.
September 12, 2013
I really loved this movie growing up. Critics and most movie watchers hate it. I used to see it on Comedy Central when I was young, and I would watch it every time it was on. It has a great feel to what it's like to be the lonely metalhead in the town. We all have friends who dig our music, but some things are just ours. I was never the biggest Brendan Fraser fan, though I do not deny his skill as an actor, and I love the Mummy films for sure. This is certainly one of Adam Sandler's earlier roles, pre- Billy Madison, pre-Waterboy, real early. It was the fist hook up for him with Steve Buscemi as well. In a way, it was a start for people to really know him outside of SNL. I am a huge buscemi fan as well ever since Reservoir Dogs in 1992. An honorable mention to Joe Mantegna who really makes this film for me in so many ways. Such a big fan of his work and style. As far as the story, its original but very basic and it all works out in the end. If you are the kind of person who loves to rock out and likes comedy and sticking it to the man, this is film for you, give it a watch.
January 12, 2009
Liked Farley, Mantegna and of course Buscemi ... the rest? ugh. Some funny bits but not anything worth writing home about.
Garbos Review
July 12, 2013
This movie had some classic characters in it. I am not really sure how so many people didn't like it. I laugh so hard every time I watch it.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

June 26, 2012
Airheads is a fun and entertaining comedy that could have been much better, but for what it is, it is a film that is quite decent to average, but you can clearly see that it does fall short of its potential. The cast are quite funny in their roles, and this was one of the few films where Adam Sandler was enjoyable and fun to watch along with others such as Happy Gilmore and Big Daddy. Brendan Fraser is interesting as well, but the one who steals the show is Steve Buscemi and Chris Farley. Airheads does have good moments and rewatching it years later, I enjoyed it more so. For rock and metal fans, you're sure to enjoy the cameos by Motorhead vocalist Lemmy Kilmester and a short performance by White Zombie. If the script would have been reworked slightly, this would certainly have been a great comedy, as it is, it's a decent film with good on-screen gags. I did enjoy the film, but like I previously stated, felt that the film could have been reworked to make the jokes stands out more. Airheads is worth seeing if you want a fun and entertaining comedy, but it's not a stand out picture either. Go into this one expecting some laughs with decent performances and you won't be disappointed. Airheads is fun for what it is, but the idea for the film is interesting and the humor is silly and good, mindless entertainment. This is worth checking out if you want to watch one of the better Sandler films. With that said, I don't think he was the standout actor here, but he was pretty good in his role as one of the dimwits taking the radio station hostage. Airheads is decent, but you have to wonder how good this film could have been.
July 19, 2008
it was alright I guess
May 16, 2013
This is a great comedy from a golden age of SNL. Farley and Sandler are great in it as is David Arquette and Michael Richards tried very hard. One of the best characters is Marshall Bell's swat chief.
April 28, 2013
Three lovable idiots in a rock band highjack a radio station to play their demo. Watching these buffoons stumbling through a poorly conceived plan and sabotaging themselves every step of the way, is very funny and completely enjoyable. The movie sarcastically comments on some of the flaws within the music and radio industry, while spoofing the Rock and Metal culture too. Mostly it is just good spirited fun as the movie deliberately goes over the top with no shred of realism. Nearly all of the characters are goofy exaggerations and that makes it a lot of fun. Brendan Fraser, Steve Buscemi, and Adam Sandler are great together. They keep it simple, successfully playing it straight, and letting the metal-satire be the humor for their characters, instead of going wild. Their blank clueless facial expressions, flawed logic, and impulsive behavior make for funny dialogue with each other and sets up some ridiculous situations. It is fun to see these guys earlier in their career, before they became major stars. Michael Richards and Chris Farley add a lot with small but highly effective doses of goofy physical humor. Michael McKean and Judd Nelson are enjoyable as slime ball corporate music jerks well. Joe Mantegna, Ernie Hudson, Amy Locane, and David Arquette all bring something to the table as well. The subtle jabs on the music industry and the strong deep cast make it really fun.