The Live-Action Akira Is Back in Development

Summary

Warner Bros. has hired Jaume Collet-Serra to direct. Back to Article

Comments

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

"...and now it's just a garbage heap made up of hedonistic fools."

Collet-Serra was exactly the reason why I boycotted the last attempt, and it's not exactly like his recent sub-Taken thrillers are going to change my mind that he's an awful awful unvisionary choice for the job. Who the F is this guy's uncle blowing to keep him in the discussion for a project like this? WB is obviously taking this film as seriously as they took "House of Wax".

Aug 2 - 10:58 AM

Jacob Arnett

Jacob Arnett

I wish this project would just stay dead. This obsession with remaking movies doesn't usually bug me, but remaking a film that is as special to me as Akira is definitely f*cking bugs me for some reason:) Chronicle was pretty good, wasn't it? Wasn't that film close enough to a live-action version of Akira (ya know, if Tetsuo had compulsively documented everything on camera)?

Aug 2 - 03:13 PM

King  S.

King Simba

I wouldn't be surprised if Chronicle ends up being everything the live action Akira movie should have been but failed.

Aug 2 - 04:32 PM

King  S.

King Simba

Aug 2 - 04:32 PM

King  S.

King Simba

It's strange how determined Warner Bros. is at getting this made. I mean, it's not like they can sell the film on brand name alone outside of Asian markets, and even in Asian markets they could reject it the way they rejected Speen Racer (they thought that film would be huge in Japan. Instead it ended up bombing).

Aug 2 - 04:35 PM

Rated NCC-1701

Rated NCC-1701

Indeed. This film is in for an upward BAT-TLE HEE-HAW!

Aug 4 - 07:15 PM

Esteban Martinez

Esteban Martinez

It seems WB really wants to lose a few hundred million dollars...

Aug 2 - 10:37 PM

Rated NCC-1701

Rated NCC-1701

Indeed. This film is in for an upward BAT-TLE HEE-HAW!

Aug 4 - 07:15 PM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Good Friday