Aladin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Aladin Reviews

½ July 9, 2009
The movie could have fared as an average (not great by any means, though) modern take on Aladin, but fails mainly owing to the following:

--> Too many songs are forced in the script which is hard to get over.
--> Amitabh Bachchan & Sanjay Dutt's characters (respectively genie Genius & Ringmaster) are penned over-dramatically.
--> Ridiculous screenplay.

I don't mind the use of wild imaginations, especially when it comes to this kind of movie, but it's the way it's executed that makes it so bad. The only department where the movie scores fair enough is its visual effects. Oh yeah, just in case if it's any consolation, the movie does have 2-4 lol moments.

Riteish Deshmukh & Saahil Khan give a relatively better performance than the rest of the cast. Jaqueline Fernandes is okay. Amitabh Bachchan disappoints big time. Sanjay Dutt is mechanical. I wonder why they accept such roles in the first place..... Oh wait, I guess I know.

It'd have been better had they compiled the out-of-the-place songs (that is, all songs) & released this as an album than as a movie. But then again, the songs weren't anything pleasing to ears either.
October 27, 2012
With the technical brilliance the film carries, ALADIN is the just-for-kids kind of a movie!
½ February 28, 2012
Why, O Why, did Amitabh do this?
October 3, 2011
goes from bad to worse with the musical numbers and cliche direction