Aladin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Aladin Reviews

½ July 9, 2009
The movie could have fared as an average (not great by any means, though) modern take on Aladin, but fails mainly owing to the following:

--> Too many songs are forced in the script which is hard to get over.
--> Amitabh Bachchan & Sanjay Dutt's characters (respectively genie Genius & Ringmaster) are penned over-dramatically.
--> Ridiculous screenplay.

I don't mind the use of wild imaginations, especially when it comes to this kind of movie, but it's the way it's executed that makes it so bad. The only department where the movie scores fair enough is its visual effects. Oh yeah, just in case if it's any consolation, the movie does have 2-4 lol moments.

Riteish Deshmukh & Saahil Khan give a relatively better performance than the rest of the cast. Jaqueline Fernandes is okay. Amitabh Bachchan disappoints big time. Sanjay Dutt is mechanical. I wonder why they accept such roles in the first place..... Oh wait, I guess I know.

It'd have been better had they compiled the out-of-the-place songs (that is, all songs) & released this as an album than as a movie. But then again, the songs weren't anything pleasing to ears either.
May 26, 2011
I love this adaptation of the Aladdin story. Bollywood did one of my favorite stories justice.
October 27, 2012
With the technical brilliance the film carries, ALADIN is the just-for-kids kind of a movie!
½ February 28, 2012
Why, O Why, did Amitabh do this?
December 2, 2011
i really liked it i dnt know why people r not liking it maybe there is just some problem in the cast there should've been someone else in the place of ritesh deshmukh as aladin
October 3, 2011
goes from bad to worse with the musical numbers and cliche direction
October 2, 2011
faltu except for jaqueline..
May 29, 2011
Garbage ,total time waste... very poor and cheesy visual effects....in short nothing works
½ April 3, 2011
The only things I liked about Aladin were the visuals, effects, costumes and two songs.
The screenplay just sucked! I had high expectations when I saw the poster and actor's names, but it was just a huge disappointment. I hated Ritesh as the hero, because he looked like a real whimp and he couldn't act at all. Jacqueline Fernandes was ok, but all she did was smile around throughout the whole movie. Amitabh Bachchan as the genius sucked badly. His make up sucked, because he looked scary with it and his jokes and just character were bad.
It's a pity that Aladin has beautiful effects and all, but fails to deliver you a good story.
March 11, 2011
Cute - a modern day Indian Aladin story. I liked the music in this one quite a bit. The story is different than the Disney version of course. It wasn't phenomenal, but it was a fun couple of hours. I've never really liked Amitabh before, but he was good in this as the genie.
½ July 9, 2009

--> Too many songs are forced in the script which is hard to get over.
--> Ridiculous screenplay.

September 19, 2010
It iis a waste of time & money. i was shocked abt how bad everything is combined. it is nothing but damae to every one including legend.
Other than Amithab, rest of the crew are loke robots. even amithab & sajey must think twice b4 they get on with such a script

Main error in the movie is the character Ginious is being amithab & the story is concentrated around him its more like a one man show,except for sanjey's apperance
next error is trying to create a greek city in & inhabiting with indial people where does those exist??
imagination must be creative, also the director & producers must take extra care when doing a recration of a well known story
My recommondation dont watch the movie
July 21, 2010
I actually did not mind this Bollywood adaptation of the story of Aladdin. It had some major differences however the premises of the story was roughly the same. Amitabh as always played his role well. The one thing i have to say that stood out for me was not the storyline or that it had the song and dance that all the Bollywood Flicks do this one had excellent special effects i really was blown away by the cool stuff they made possible. The songs ar tolarable nothing too special that you will be humming afterwards though.
June 3, 2010
Nice, Amazing Graphics, weak storyline!
½ June 1, 2010
Lots of dance. Typical Bollywood movie. :)
May 13, 2010
Got bored, saw it playing on TV and then get very amused by it. If you're expecting a remake of the Disney version, you're in for a big surprise :)
½ May 2, 2010
bbboooo i wasted my time ,,,
½ April 20, 2010
one of the worst movies of recent times...
March 22, 2010
owo i think this is very beautifull movies.