The Alamo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Alamo Reviews

November 17, 2015
Very sad yet inspirational take on the true story of the Alamo
November 17, 2015
A considerably underrated film. The Alamo is an epic story told outstandingly in this war drama. Hancock's vision came through in the intense battle sequences and the strong performances that gave it that credibility.
November 5, 2015
Think i saw it. not sure.
October 26, 2015
A fine film about a seminal event in American history, with a great cast and strong script, though it's best appreciated by history enthusiasts. Grade: A
May 15, 2013
The Alamo is a historical movie badly told, featuring lazy performances and an unappealing idea
½ July 27, 2015
The only epic here is in this movies failure to entertain.
May 2, 2015
A much more true adaptation!
½ March 28, 2015
it was ok. some historical reference but other than that ive see plenty of movies just like it..
½ March 22, 2015
Just average as can be. BB-Thornton as the violin-playing Crockett was a highlight though. Viewers will find something to enjoy.
½ January 24, 2015
I would encourage those interested in the Alamo to watch this movie. I felt that it captured the very real and gut wrenching apprehension one feels in the face of certain death. This film conveys the truth rather than the idealized fantasy portrayed in the john Wayne version. My favorite quote: If it was just plain ol' David Crockett from Tennessee I'd jump over this wall and take my chances, but this Davey Crockett?.......... Very fundamental and touching story.
October 22, 2014
The Alamo is a well-acted and intense western film that many will have a great time at.
October 10, 2014
Some parts of this were okay.
July 19, 2014
Ok movie. Long, overdramatic, slow, decent action, good performances, especially Patric and Thornton. The reason this is one of the biggest box office bombs in history is because everyone knows the end, so why watch it? And while this is a mostly true statement, it still offers a few good things.
July 3, 2013
This delves more into the heart of Davy Crockett and Jimmy Bowie, giving such a small battle an epic and consequential feel.
May 29, 2014
Could have been better if it had gotten the budget and rating it deserved thanks Disney.
½ May 9, 2014
Let's just say I want to forget this Alamo not remember it.
April 13, 2014
I have heard about this movie and I really want to see it
October 10, 2007
I have it on dvd so i see it soon.
½ January 18, 2014
Aside from the embarrassingly clich├ęd, dramatized execution of Davy Crockett - in which Crockett spouted the most ridiculously cheesy one-liners and Hollywood conveniently placed as the last death of the 189 fallen Texians - this whet my whistle for a movie with historical accuracy. I was impressed with the film's ability to convey the meaningfulness of the Battle of the Alamo, which only looks like a lost cause if uninformed about its context. Without this Alamo battle, Texas would be a part of Mexico, and without this Alamo film, its story still would not have been done justice.
June 12, 2006
It was a great movie! IN MY OPINION!!! I love history movies!!! LIKE THIS ONE!!!