Alex Cross Movie Review

http://www.ryanhawbecker.com/2012/10/alex-cross-movie-review.html?spref=tw ?
Ryan H.
11-14-2012 09:14 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Anthony Naughton

Anthony Naughton

So bad so very fucking bad.

Oct 16 - 01:33 PM

Katherine Worden

Katherine Worden

The movie was good and Tyler Perry made a good Alex but the movie was am awful mishmash of the books!! The butcher did kill Maria in the first book but his identity came in a later book!! Also they changed Sampson, Alex's friend from childhood to a white Irish man!! All of the Alex Cross books were located in DC not Detroit!! Nana Mama was Alex's grandmother, Janelle his daughter was a baby when her mother is killed!! The book in which to Butcher appeared he was an assassin for the mob and had a friend who helped him!! If I had not read all of James Patterson books I would have enjoyed the movie better!!

Mar 23 - 09:21 PM

Larry Deberry

Larry Deberry

Alex Cross is a very entertaining film, not the greatest movie ever filmed, but far from being the worst. I give the following grades for the movie: Writing - C (sort of choppy and feels rushed); Main Character/Protagonist (Tyler Perry)- B (He's not Idris Elba, does a more than decent/believable job); Secondary Character/Antagonist - B+; Supporting Characters - Range (C-C+); Plot - B (would have preferred more mystery and lest action); Filming - A; Action Scenes - A; Final Fight Scene - A (surreal, but nicely incorporated into the film that has more than a few surreal moments); Music - B+...Overall this movie doesn't disappoint and definitely will satisfy the average movie goer, but falls way short of being the block buster that most thought it would be...FINAL GRADE = B

Jan 7 - 10:34 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile