Alien Origin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien Origin Reviews

½ August 22, 2012
A found footage film that follows a reporter's documentation of a military team in Belize, Alien Origin is boring and then highly interesting for a little bit and then mostly boring again. It totally cops out by making the aliens invisible in some way. What could have been a truly awesome film instead ends up just dragging towards its conclusion in the lamest way possible.
½ November 8, 2015
A cheap, cheating found-footage film. All of the action is shown off-screen, so the actors are basically shooting at nothing and it shows. The plot is incoherent, and everything is thrown together clumsily.
½ October 30, 2015
It's bad enough the first half of the movie is mostly walking with absolutely no diologue. It's bad enough that the last half is the same things repeated over and over again. It's bad enough the camera goes to static whenever something happens. It's bad enough all the characters are dull. It's bad enough that nothing about the movie makes sense. But to be 90 minutes long is probably the worst thing this movie could have done to me.
½ May 17, 2015
Most awful movie that I have seen in a long time and I am a sci-fi fan.
½ March 31, 2015
Mostly just a lot of running around in the jungles of Belize. Not much else.
½ May 14, 2014
The acting wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. The script left much to be desired, though. And I know It is a "found footage" film, but the camera work may be the worst I have ever seen. Overall, I don't regret watching it, but I do recommend steering clear unless you must watch a movie and this is your only option.
½ May 1, 2014
An hour and a half of running around in the jungle shooting at nothing.
April 2, 2014
Good idea. Terrible execution.
March 8, 2014
I can't believe I watched this all the way to the end.
June 15, 2013
All the problems with found footage films are on display in this film....craptastic acting,bad camera work and brutal dialog.
½ February 17, 2013
A film that is both boring and worthless at the same time with absolutely no script or story.
½ November 8, 2012
Quite possibly one of the worst movies ever.
No story, no depth, no direction, practically no aliens (total of 5 seconds maybe? and an odd skull), poor acting. Do not watch unless you need background noise.
½ November 3, 2012
There wasn't much of anything in this movie -- no plot, no tension, no depth, and not much alien (maybe an aggregate total of 3 seconds worth).