Alien Uprising - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien Uprising Reviews

½ October 24, 2014
Poor script, poor camera work. A total waste of time!
August 23, 2014
I wonder whether the 15% of people who liked this waste of celluloid had smoked "love boat." Jean-Claude Van Damme makes a small appearance shortly before the climax but it's far too late and little to grace this seeming sabotage of film art. At least Attack of the Killer Tomatoes had charm. Story, plot, dialogue, direction, cinematography and editing makes me suspect that this was made by film school students in a hurry. I was forced to give it a half a star when I wanted to give a a quarter star.
½ August 3, 2014
Terrible waste of time. Felt like I got ripped off paying $1.25 for the Redbox DVD rental. Boring.
August 1, 2014
Terrible movie. Not much of Vsn Damme. Very slow start. Weird British movie that was recently renamed from U.F.O. Acting is horrible. Sex scene are totally unnecessary and out of place. Don't waste your money.
½ July 10, 2014
Thursday, July 10, 2014

(2013) Alien Uprising

A poor combination from many superior alien invasion flicks, including "Attack At The Block", "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers", "District 9" and an idea taken from "28 Days Later". This entire movie makes zero sense, as it centers on a group of friends after leaving at a nightclub, and upon waking up the following day, electricity seem to be completely out throughout the entire region. Confusing is the fact that not one single person had ever thought about finding out the reason. And once learning that an UFO ship has settled over the area, the entire city then go to panic mode with no police or army in sight- there isn't even those wind-up radios, solar powered anything. Viewers later find out that the aliens that are invading looked like people. We're neither explained about what form nor how. It's like the makers assumed that actual people are just blatantly uncurious and are narrow minded. And as the movie is progressing, it is then revealed that people in general are able to tell who are the ones who aren't human by spotting a small triangle mark on them, but it's like where do you have to go to look and why. It's so poorly made, that it almost seemed that the budget finally ran out, and that the story had to be compromised.

1 star out of 4
½ February 10, 2014
really? they actually released this? not sure what it was about. people hitting each other a lot for no good reason, maybe. not sure if JCVD was even on the same set as anyone else - i think he may have filmed his bits at home and posted them in. rubbish
January 18, 2014
Perhaps the best thing this movie does is make a bold statement about he utter stupidity of shaky-cam. It's basically unwatcheable through all action sequences... with a nausea inducing 7 year old cameraman technique that is 'innovative' in all the wrong ways. Couple that with Lens flares that would make J.J.Abrams Star Trek look like it was cleanly filmed and you have an artistic disaster... but luckily it's save by it's wandering disjointed and poorly delivered plot... oh wait... it's not saved. Bad film that ALL filmmakers should be forced to watch with toothpicks holding their eyelids open... to finally put an end to the idea that shakycam is a good idea.
December 31, 2013
I read a lot of one star reviews of this movie but it's actually pretty good. It focuses mainly on the everyman's perspective on an alien invasion. The opening scenes are pretty bad but if you can get through them this becomes quite engaging.
July 25, 2013
Below par British B-movie about an alien invasion and how a few hapless individuals cope in a Yorkshire village
July 23, 2013
I'm not giving this a star, or a half of a star. I wish someone would give me my two hours back. I thought JCVD would at least shadowbox some aliens, but by the time this was over, I was hoping he would pop out of the TV and knock me out for watching it.
½ July 6, 2013
Absolute Guff. No plot, No acting, No Idea how to make a movie.
So bad its not even funny.
July 7, 2013
watch only if it is free.
June 21, 2013
This movie is horrible. No real character development. It's difficult to tell who is who at the beginning. Every scene including the opening credits is way too long. Very poorly edited. This is just a series of badly done, shaking-camera fist fight scenes, one right after another. It's almost half way through the movie until you see the alien ship. The flashbacks are confusing and add nothing. The film ends abruptly leaving you shaking your head--if you stick with it that long. Don't waste your time.