• G, 2 hr. 9 min.
  • Unknown

All the Invisible Children Reviews

PantaOz PantaOz
½ May 1, 2014
It took me 9 years to finally get this anthology film on the theme of childhood and exploitation. It is a collection of seven short films presented as an omnibus, each segment focused on a different child. This is the world we live in compressed in 116 minutes. This masterpiece premiered at the Venice Film Festival on 1 September 2005... don't ask me why masterpiece... did you ever had a chance to watch a single movie directed by greats like Mehdi Charef, Emir Kusturica, Spike Lee, Katia Lund, Jordan Scott & Ridley Scott, Stefano Veneruso and John Woo!?

All the Invisible Children is a concept of producer Chiara Tilesi and together with Stefano Veneruso, her producing partner of MK Film Productions, they worked together in the realization of this work of exceptional film art! Each of the authoritative directors narrate, through their own personal perspective, unique stories about the children's condition in their part of the world.

From the child soldier who is instructed to blow up a building but finding out that it is a school, he decides not to do it, we understand what WE brought on these innocent children through our twisted societies values, our behaviour and demands of this world, and all that continues throughout the movie - in Serbia a boy is released from a juvenile detention centre, and he wants to be a barber but his father forces him to steal again... in U.S. a couple is addicted to drugs and infected with HIV, and they have a daughter who is also infected, and bullied for that at school... In Brazil a boy and a girl earn money collecting empty cans, cardboard, etc., for recycling, but they always finish when they started... in U.K. war photographer looks back at his youth... in Italy two boys steal a watch from a person in his SUV while waiting in traffic, and sell it to a man working in an amusement park, for money and free rides... in China an old man finds an abandoned baby and becomes her guardian, but when he dies she ends up being taken in by a man who has a group of children, that has to work for their food and to sell flowers on the street and every night return to give the daily earnings to the boss...

Everything in this omnibus is almost perfect... even the little faults are perfectly suited to the moments... please, do not miss this one... it is sad that there is no critic on RT who saw this. It took me 9 years to get it, but it was worth the wait!
Angela A
November 12, 2009
I just don't know what to say.

This movie was (aside from a few obvious moments) so real that it made your heart bleed. It made you grip tightly to anything nearby and hope that things would get better for these kids. But you knew it never would.

Oh yes, it's beautiful to watch the kids pulling together and making the best of it. But nothing detracts from the sheer horror of their lives.

How can we fix this? How?
PantaOz PantaOz