—— The Identical Sep 05

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

All Dogs Go To Heaven Reviews

Alexander D

July 16, 2011
Maybe all dogs go to heaven, but this movie goes to hell.
AJ V

March 25, 2011
I didn't like this movie when I was a kid, mostly because I didn't like dog movies, but maybe I'd watch it again sometime if it was on TV to see if I still think it's a bad movie.
MeetMeinMontauk
MeetMeinMontauk

October 6, 2010
I LOVED this movie as a kid. In a re watch, um, is this supposed to be a kid's movie? Cause there is no way in hell it is. Subjects include: drinking, smoking, gambling and murder!
But still, I never minded it as a kid, so more power to Don Bluth for that. So beautiful and endearing.
KJ P

September 25, 2010
All Dogs Go To Heaven is a sure kids classic adventure! By the time it ends, I want it to be just beginning. Not perfect, but brilliant!
Anthony L

October 1, 2009
What about Hitler?s dog? or Cujo? Some dogs go to hell!
movieguru12
movieguru12

July 31, 2008
Cute
Lewis C

March 13, 2008
Cool movie, I liked it a lot when I was a kid.
Tim S

July 30, 2007
Burt Reynolds has never looked better.
Lafe F

June 22, 2007
Beautiful and colorful Don Bluth Animation. A better dog movie than "101 Dalmatians". Somewhat forgettable.
Rachel F

May 21, 2007
so cute
puffchunk
puffchunk

May 6, 2007
All I remember is the scary drag queen alligator.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 9, 2007
an old classic, fun to watch
Jason S

December 27, 2006
Fun for the family.
Leigh R

November 9, 2006
So cute.
Dillon L

June 12, 2011
Somewhat morbid kiddie crap.
Anthony L.
Anthony L.

August 14, 2012
Disney Movie #24: All Dogs Go to Heaven

I'd seen this one before, a long,long,long time ago on Disney's family channel. It's charming characters is what makes the film. With a somewhat dull plot, All Dogs Go To Heaven will win you over with it's characters and the important message hat it holds. Altogether, it may not be Disney's greatest, but it's a mediocre little film that will be touching and interesting for the whole family.
Juan C

June 1, 2011
a very naughty, unfunny film that offers nothing to watch. D+
Chris B

June 25, 2011
Another childhood classic I've recently revisited as an adult and was a little disappointed. I know as a child you tend to remember movies being better than they actually were but having said that I wasn't completely upset. The film, even with it's dated transfer on blu-ray, still brought me back to my third grade classroom where I first saw it. I remember those days and for a nostalgic film that is something special. I still enjoyed the darker tone of Bluth's film and the heartfelt story that still manages to emerge. Still worth a watch all these years later. Recommended for Bluth fans or those that have a fond spot for All Dogs Go to Heaven from your youth.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

May 24, 2010
ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN provides a surprisingly dark story involving gambling, drinking, deceit, crime, greed, murder and hell. Set in a dreary junkyard of New Orleans, the movie starts out when Charlie, a lovable rough-and-tumble German shepherd, is tricked and murdered by his gambling casino partner, a diabolical, cigar-puffing pit-bull, Carface. Before you know it, Charlie finds himself in heaven and yes, there was an actual portrayal of heaven and hell.

However Charlie steals his way back to Earth and plots to get even with Car-face for revenge rather than staying. With the reluctant help of his dachshund pal Itchy, Charlie "rescues" Car-face's prize, a little Orphan girl, Anne Marie held captive because of her amazing ability to talk to all species of animals, which helps her predict who will win the races. Charlie claims that he will help the little cutie find her a family, but in reality he is using her skills to win fortunes at the race so that he can build a more elaborate casino of his own to bring Car-face down. Although he refuses to admit it, Charlie does grow to love Anne Marie. The ending was adorable and sad, and even made my eyes fill up.