89% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

—— Wilfred: Season 4
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

All Good Things Reviews

July 9, 2014
All Good Things contained images, dialogue, and scenes that were reminiscent of something truly transcendent, but the film itself never quite reached those heights. The entire final portion felt like an entirely different film and it was very inappropriate given what had come before. Kirsten Dunst continues to illuminate everything that she touches and here she was a fantastic marvel. I will always have a soft spot for her - ever since I was a little boy and I saw her in Interview With The Vampire. I fell in love with her then and she forever remains in some sacrosanct recess of my childhood whimsy. Ryan Gosling, who is always great, did everything that he could to give his character and, in turn, the story the weight that it needed and, in some transient respect, he succeeded. He embodied the strange character of David Marks to an absolute perfection. I have never been particularly fond of Frank Langella but he rarely disappoints, and definitely not in this film. I would watch this again - I'd even share it.
July 7, 2014
Fails in every way possible.
June 10, 2014
Although the acting is superb and Dunst may surprise some with her range, it's a shame the story takes on Chopped and Screwed direction by Jarecki. Poorly written yet held together by strong performances and an eerie feel.
Christopher H

December 1, 2010
Didn't care for the last half of the film. The first part displayed both leads perfectly and really did justice to the intriguing trailer that comes with this film. The second half fell into annoying and too odd to be the same film. Sure it's based on a true story, but someone should have taken some liberties. Not sure if I will see this again.
May 30, 2014
This movie is very good. It's suspenseful and thrilling, and pretty true to the actual events from what I've read. Ryan Gosling and Kirsten Dunst give spectacular performances in the movie and draw you in perfectly. They have good chemistry in the film and are good at building up tension in the parts that aren't so lovey dovey. Definitely a film worth watching!
August 23, 2009
Interesting but could have been better.
April 28, 2014
All good things is mysterious and ambiguous. Too much so that it takes away from the enjoyment. It slowly becomes a difficult movie to understand and witness. Jarecki does well to set an uncomfortable tone but I'm not convinced of Ryan Goslings ability to play the sincere creepy character set out. Despite the perseverance in trying to tell this story it didn't feel complete, perhaps this is acceptable due to the nature of the true events and unanswered questions failing to provide a definitive ending. Yet still I feel it would have been better suited to just a documentary, it didn't really work for me as a film. It failed to create suspense or act as a thriller, it was more a jumble of events timed alongside a narrative which told nothing.
March 26, 2014
Ryan Gosling star in this incredible story about a man who supposedly killed his wife in 1982 but no one was ever able to find her or bring light to this very gloomy story. The film is excellent, the cast is beyond great and the director has been doing a good job avoiding some cliché of the genre.
February 26, 2014
Really good thriller.
Buggy43
March 24, 2013
Slow start to this movie, with solid performances from Gosling and Dunst. Bizarre story, lost me a bit at times and I know its based on real events but I would have liked a bit more of an explanation regarding Durst's dressing like a woman(weird) and his relationship with Lilly and the neighbor who kills her for him. Interesting story that in the end doesn't leave up to you to decide if he did it or not. Frank Langella has a great death scene.03.13
September 12, 2013
Ryan Gosling Was good as always but this movie was sort of a let down.
December 28, 2013
Ugh. Difficult topics. Not a Christmas movie!
December 21, 2013
It keeps you alert, and it makes you feel how it suppose to make you feel: afraid, angry, suspicious, angry again. The problem is that it makes too many assumptions about Durst's case, I wasn't expecting a biography but they could leave more to imagination. The movie is very dark, and Ryan Goslin is even more, the problem with all this darkness is that it became boring sometimes.
September 21, 2013
The true life story it's based on makes for compelling viewing but with a strong performance by Ryan Gosling and some nice direction. All Good Things is an entertaining thriller which reaches some good heights thanks to the real life drama it's based on
October 31, 2013
ryan gosling is chilling, kirsten dunst is just wonderful.
November 15, 2011
4.5 stars
Love this kind of movies --- based on real events
September 10, 2013
bit slow in places but quite disturbing
December 25, 2010
Real-life unsolved mystery well acted by Ryan Gosling and Kirsten Dunst
August 19, 2013
Only 3.5 on account of this apparently being based on a true story but not providing any indication why they've portrayed the man as guilty when he was cleared by the courts on more than one occasion.
August 18, 2013
Liked it! Particularly the ending...A well directed love story which turns into tragedy and murder saga...Rosling outperforms...