...All the Marbles (The California Dolls) (1981)
Release Date: Oct 16, 1981 Limited
Average Rating: 3.4/5
User Ratings: 408
Director Robert Aldrich's last film, All the Marbles stars Peter Falk as a "win-at-all-costs" type manager of a ladies tag-team wrestling combo. These girls are good and Falk wants them great. And he doesn't really care what they've got to do to get there. (This film's "R" rating is not for Raunchy, but it could be for "Revealing.") Following sort of a Rocky theme, this film finds our ladies tag team climbing its way to the top of the women's wrestling world where they face off against the
Oct 16, 1981 Limited
Watch It Now
Big John Stanley
Referee in Reno
"Mean" Joe Greene
William J. Kulzer
Man with Dice
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Audience Reviews for ...All the Marbles (The California Dolls)
There are no featured audience reviews yet. Click the link below to see what others say about ...All the Marbles (The California Dolls)!
- Iris: I hate your guts Harry, I hate everything about you. I can't stand the sight of you any more. You're fired so get the hell out. Get the hell out of my life. You're a lousy lover, you're a lousy manager, you're a lousy human being!
- Harry: Now that really hurts. I am not a lousy manager.
- Harry: Lousy no good son of a bitch!
- Iris: You quoting Roger and Odets again? Who's a lousy no good son of a bitch?
- Harry: Never mind. What can you expect from a a day that starts with getting up in the morning?
- Harry: They're the hottest tag team in the state, they're like rock stars, and beautiful. Face facts we both know most lady wrestlers are dogs. So now they expect a pekingese and out come Marilyn Monroe, they go wild.
- Molly: [coughing] I'm sorry, didn't mean to wake you up.
- Iris: That's ok, I couldn't sleep either.
- Molly: What's bothering you?
- Iris: Wondering what's still bothering you. I've never seen you smoke before.
- Molly: I honestly don't know if I can take this anymore.
- Iris: Molly...
- Molly: All we're doing is running around in circles. We're not getting any place.
- Iris: So you're going to give up?
- Molly: No, I'm not going to give up. Get out maybe, while I'm still in one piece.
- Iris: You're playing around with the wrong guy.
- Molly: Come on Harry, don't do it. Harry don't you dare.
- Iris: You're not... [Harry smashes Eddies Mecedes up with a baseball bat]
- Molly: What was that all about?
- Harry: I was thinking about buying a Mercedes, but first I had to give it a stress test.
- Molly: Stress test?
- Harry: Didn't pass.
Discuss ...All the Marbles (The California Dolls) on our Movie forum!