All's Faire in Love Reviews

jjnxn
½ November 2, 2012
Dreadful unfunny comedy with only Ann-Margret managing to emerge unscathed. Not only does it have completely waste it setting it has some of the worst supporting performances ever. Skip it!
½ June 25, 2014
There's a reason this was on a shelf for a few years. It's an indie comedy, so much of it does not work. Owen Benjamin is horribly miscast! But... I do have a soft spot for Renaissance Faire themed things. Christina Ricci is perfect as the romcom love interest and if not for her height I think she'd get more roles in the genre. I found this movie amusing and worth the Netflix watch.
August 5, 2012
Not bad for an independent film actually. The jock couldnt' act in the movie or for it really. But I think that was more the writing. It's entertaining at least.
July 30, 2012
There were times when I couldn't tell whether Owen Benjamin was an actor or a mannequin. That being said, I thought it was very funny and most entertaining. Some of the characters were way over the top, in a good way, just like you'd expect to find at a Renaissance Faire. There just aren't enough movies out there where dudes get peed on by goats. Jolly good.
½ October 18, 2011
Ricci and Benjamin were adorable together. This movie has a few laughs, but it is fairly juvenile and only watchable if there is nothing better.
½ March 28, 2013
Renaissance Fair+Romcom situation makes for a fairly entertaining, if not wholly original, movie. I'm a sucker for Christina Ricci so I saw this movie. Considering her body of work this was actually a normal movie which was refreshing. Owen Benjamin plays a football jock who has to work at the fair to pass his history class (taught by Cedric the Entertainer). So it is basically a fish out of water mixed with a love story and some comedy, provided by overzealous renaissance players and it comes out as a fairly decent flick. If these fairs are all full of these pretty ladies like the movie suggests then I need to start going to more of them.
March 1, 2013
Friday, March 1, 2013

(2011) All's Faire In Love
ROMANTIC COMEDY

For Will(Owen Benjamin) to play college football again, he's first have to particapate with a theatre Medieval times group for the open public for three weeks. And while there he meets Kate played by Christina Ricci Great first half , but terrible second half. Themost memorable thing about this film is 'Roy' and 'Horny' his inicorn hand puppet.

2 out of 4 stars
October 14, 2012
Probably would've been better if birthed from the mind of Christopher Guest.
September 19, 2012
I stumbled across this movie one rainy afternoon on Netflix and I absolutley loved it. I thought Ricci and Benjamin were adorable together and the supporting cast all gave quirky and charming performances. Although a renissance fair is a strange setting for a romantic comedy its works. Its a weird movie but I thought it was cute and I would watch it again.
September 12, 2011
I'm arguably the best movie villain since Hans Gruber in Die Hard (Alan Rickman)
August 16, 2012
This film does sucketh muchly. I did rejoiceth that I did see it so I can say it was awfuleth. Spendeth thy pounds elsewhere for thy entertainment. Huzzah! The players maketh us suffereth much with their slaughtering of the words of Master Shakespeare. Huzzah!
½ June 18, 2012
Awful, dreadful, stupid, idiotic, lame, half-baked, I could go on and on. Why on earth would two talented actresses like Ann-Margret and Christina Ricci get involved in such drivel? And why would anyone take a fun and interesting premise and slaughter it the way they did?
½ February 20, 2012
For all this film lacks, it's a guilty pleasure to watch. I'm a big Faire fan so I saw a lot of things that would not have happened. But I loved all of Will's straight-man comments to Rank's over the top acting. Remember it's hard for good actors to act bad. If you're looking for a beautiful love story, don't look here. Just a fun and silly romp! Huzzah!
½ January 18, 2012
How these actors got dragged into this film is a mystery to me. Christina Ricci in particular should know better.

Should be rated 18-, as anyone over the age of 18 that's never been larping won't get much out of this film.
November 2, 2011
underrated comedy of the year