Forever Lulu Reviews

½ April 7, 2010
Melanie Griffith plays Lulu, a crazy lady who waits 16 years to tell Ben (Patrick Swayze) that they have a son. Ben has moved on, and has his own problems. But he cannot ignore Lulu's request if there is a possibility he has a son. Ben and Lulu make a road trip from San Francisco to Wisconsin. Somehow Claire (Ben's wife) is involved as well, and together, all three damaged people learn something. I could not watch without some tears.
½ August 17, 2011
A touching portrayal of a woman with schizophrenia and the subplot dealing with the effects of adoption. I never thought I'd be saying this, but Melanie Griffith was excellent.
April 21, 2010
Not a bad flick...I would have thought that Melanie would have learned to act by now. Obviously I was wrong..."
½ May 15, 2007
I saw this movie on Starz Real and it was titled Forever Lulu. I am a sucker for a schizophrenic storyline. The plot moves fast and it was a tearjerker as well as pulling off some really funny lines and scenes.
March 27, 2015
sweetly appealing and heartfelt.anything but ordinary-it was nicely enjoyable to watch.
June 14, 2013
I really liked this movie-the story was sweet, even if bittersweet in many ways. As someone who grew up with a parent who had bouts of mental illness, I can really relate to this story, and thought it was well-scripted and well acted by a really good cast. The movie had a sympathetic treatment of the mentally ill as people, who still have thoughts and feelings, hopes and dreams, just like anybody else with other kinds of illnesses, or even people without serious health problems, and I liked that about this film.
½ August 19, 2012
People don't want to feel. They want to be entertained.

A happily married television series writer is inauspiciously contacted by his schizophrenic ex-girlfriend from college. She tells him a tale of their son, that he never met, and giving their son up for adoption. The ex-girlfriend and writer head out on a mission to find their son. The writer's wife, skeptical of the ex-girlfriend's motives, follows them and gets into her own trouble.

"Are you giving somebody a blowjob? You're not! Well, thank goodness."

John Kaye delivers Forever Lulu in his only directorial picture. The storyline for this movie was better than I anticipated and I found the characters fascinating. The acting wasn't perfect or particularly great but the character development was still very good. The cast delivers mediocre performances and includes Patrick Swayze, Melanie Griffith, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Lee Garlington, and Penelope Ann Miller.

"For awhile we were so close that we only had one heart."

I have been DVRing Joseph Gordon-Levitt pictures lately and decided to give this picture a shot. I actually really liked this film for the most part. The performances do not make the film, but the storyline is very good and it is definitely fun to watch the film unfold. I recommend giving this film a shot.

"Give me the razor."