Am Ende kommen Touristen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Am Ende kommen Touristen Reviews

July 3, 2008
Very subtle, subdued narration, the director chooses to quietly follow his characters around instead of giving us moral guidance. The result is a rather compelling film about German guilt and finding oneself.
May 27, 2010
I expected more from this film. I'm guessing the lack of dialogue and the interpretive focus that the filmmaker tries to ensue upon the viewer is the thing about this plot, but at the end it doesn't really provide anything... it's just one of those young European existential flicks that take a foreign language into another. I believe that it really tried to exploit the Auschwitz/Holocaust issue and the indifference of todays German and Polish youth about it, but it the story never did deliver.
October 27, 2010
Good-hearted but rather cliched, dry & bland in the whole.
May 27, 2010
½ April 7, 2010
un point de vue assez réaliste sur l'avenir du devoir de mémoire
April 4, 2010
not that special for a german film
January 15, 2010
Una mirada a las relaciones actuales entre Polonia y Alemania, un joven que no sabe adonde va ni est seguro de lo que siente.
½ August 19, 2008
I finally watched it and yeah, it is a nice movie with an interesting theme.
½ November 20, 2009
saw this at the European Union Film Festival and wasn't disapointed given that i've never heard about it until recently..

wonderful acting by alexander fehling..loved it! would definitely see it again if i get the chance to..
½ September 28, 2009
Casi una Excelente. Me quedé con ganas de ver más.
½ February 20, 2009
Un jóven alemán toma un puesto vacante para realizar un servicio civil: cuidar a una ex-victima de Auschwitz que brinda discursos para los turistas que visitan el campo de concentración.
El film se presenta como una crítica, frívola hacia los organizadores, empresas que sponsorean u homenajean falsamente a la memoria del lugar y sus victimas.
En gran parte el film quiere ser crítico pero de a leves dosis, dando a entender la relación y comparación de lo que fué un genocidio con selección para lograr una raza "mas fuerte"/"dominante" frente a lo que actualmente realizan las divisiones de Recursos Humanos en empresas, tema que ya fué tratado en LA CUESTION HUMANA con muchísimo más énfasis y vigor.

7/10
½ November 16, 2008
Playing tribute to the forgotten ones traumatized by the horrific times. Recommend.
November 3, 2008
For a big part I missed what the movie is trying to tell me - until it was slapped in the face (in form of the representative of the chemical company). At the end I think the movie would have been better off without taking that firm stand (as correct as this scene might reflect the reality) by inspiring people to think about the movie a bit more.

So, what IS the movie about? The way people in both Germany and Poland (and Auschwitz in particular) deal with the Holocaust? Something along this line.
October 10, 2008
Una vision desde otra optica del Holocausto
October 3, 2008
interesting, civil film about what to do with Auschwitz burden today
September 29, 2008
An inside on Polish-German relationships these days. The scene where Sven stands infront of the postcards is very touching to me. A place like Auschwitz and one can send postcards...Why does humanity make every historical crime place into some sort ...(read more) of economic touristical place?!
August 4, 2008
An inside on Polish-German relationships these days. The scene where Sven stands infront of the postcards is very touching to me. A place like Auschwitz and one can send postcards...Why does humanity make every historical crime place into some sort of economic touristical place?!
August 26, 2008
A very initmate and almost minimalistic view about the german polish relationships. The new generation doesn't know how to handle and feel about the holocaust they only know to that they most feel something as Sven the main charachter. I could relate to the atmosphere in the movie because I visited the Oswiecem memorial site and the atmosphere is quite good translated to the movie. Yes only the tourist are comming there regularly. I also found the movie a little bit unfinished, with a little blurry ending.
½ August 24, 2008
Great movie about new generations and historical memory.
August 19, 2008
An excellent take on a topic so much touched!