Amélie Reviews

½ June 2, 2007
It's memorable because it's quirky and the faded hues are interesting, but the narrative is overrated.
May 26, 2015
One of my all-time favorites. Even if you're lazy and hate reading subtitles you'll STILL enjoy Amélie. It's impossible not to. This seriously makes me want to pack up and move to Paris. It's beautiful, whimsical, charming, and absolutely fantastic.
May 15, 2015
Watched Amélie just now for the fifth time or so. My absolute favorite feel-good movie, once again cried my eyes out. It's hopeful, dramatic and so amazingly weird. Audrey Tautou will forever be Amélie to me.
May 6, 2015
Practiqué frances al menos
April 14, 2015
Probably one of my favorite movies of all time.
½ April 10, 2015
In this bright, quirky, and imaginative comedy, Amelie, played magnetically by Tautou, is the star of her own movie?not only the movie we are watching, but the imagined one she naively believes she is making. Stylishly colorful and childishly playful, it studies themes like love, kindness and justice?imagine Tim Burton making an emotionally complex film. As the story progresses the charm grows, and it ultimately proves that a film can be both adult in content AND adorable in tone.
½ April 3, 2015
The movie was very good but very odd. The characters were well casted and fun to watch. The plot was slow moving but got the job done the ending was cute and satisfying. My favorite scene is when the main character Amelie sends her new found love and fascination on a wild goose chase to find his photo book he lost.
½ March 25, 2015
Interesting and cute, but weird.
February 17, 2015
Amélie is a wonderful feel good movie. Audrey plays the beautiful Amélie and manages to make the audience love the character more than anything. Yann Tiersen made his music shine in an already shining movie with the incredible cinematography.
November 25, 2014
Amélie is the most deliciously charming movie ever made. Beautiful and full of amazing ideas, one of those rare movies that will put a smile on you from start to the end. Audrey Tautuo is fabulous. Arguably my favourite romantic comedy.
March 15, 2015
Una película sobre absolutamente nada ... :v
½ March 8, 2015
This movie is absolutely hysterically funny and serious at the same time. At the core of the movie, behind the comedy, Amelie deals with the concept of a lonely girl trying survive life's cruelty while still finding ways to make others happy, and she eventually is awarded with the happiness of love at the movie's conclusion. I would define this movie as a Romantic Comedy. Also, the cinematic detail is executed very well in this movie, but despite how much I enjoyed this movie, I would have to say that the movie was much too long to keep the viewer's attention without some boredom occurring. Because of the great length, I have to rate this movie as a 2.5.
½ August 13, 2008
Puede ser que la grandeza epica de esta pelicula me haya deslumbrado por completo y, por tanto, obviar lo interesante de la misma. Me ha parecido promedio.
½ February 25, 2015
Amélie is a well-made romp that's sure to divide viewers based on just how much whimsy they can stomach.
February 21, 2015
A cute film at its core that is quickly hampered by an excessive runtime and shortage of Pushing Daisies-esque imagery.
March 30, 2014
Now here is a movie that relies solely on our main character's likability, personality, and charm. If we hate her and has no personality, this movie fails, because I imagine if a character I hated did the things Amélie did in this movie, I would, well, hate it. Fortunately, our main character is simply wonderful and impossible to hate. The first half of this film is about Amélie trying to help people, and the second half is her playing mind games with a guy she has a serious crush on. I mean, in all honesty, that sounds rather boring, but, like I said, Amélie is to likable for it to be boring. I like watching her do her daily routine. She does it while being decently interesting and quirkily funny. The better half of the film is the romance part, as I found it to be both more sweet and more funny. The whole time this guy is trying to find out who is playing these mind games with him, and when they finally meet, you get this feeling of satisfaction. To me this kind of shows that the movie did in fact create a relatable character. I mean, why would I feel any kind of emotion for someone I didn't like? Amélie is a very feel good film and it's something you can watch at any time. I recommend you watch.
February 13, 2015
Sweet and charming. I'm in love with this movie!
February 5, 2015
Marvellous french movie and music with the beautiful Audrey Tautou
½ January 31, 2015
'Amelie' is a radiant film, both literally and metaphorically. Director Jean-Pierre Jeunet and cinematographer Bruno Delbonnel present Paris in a magical shine that suggests wonderful fairy tales are unfolding in secret all over the beautiful city. The film also glows with a joyful love of life that allows for a little sadness but absolutely no cynicism. At the heart of all this, the dynamo that keeps the lights shining is the luminous personification of charm, innocence and loveliness that is Audrey Tatou. Don't look directly into those eyes!
January 29, 2015
The world that Amelie inhabits is not the one that we get to be a part of, but to live in it for a while is a magical thing that this movie grants us. Full review later.