91% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Amélie Reviews

May 31, 2014
May 29, 2014
In our hypersexualized, hypermaterialistic society, this film reminds us that life is actually made-up by the small things, small details & small moments.
May 17, 2014
This movie might change your life..
May 8, 2014
Has about as much substance as cotton candy.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

May 3, 2014
Amelie is a fun, entertaining and charming drama with comedic elements that is a unique film going experience. With a great story at hand, director Jean-Pierre Jeunet crafts a film that is quite eccentric in the way that it's told. I don't want to get into comparisons here, but the film somewhat reminded me a bit of Wes Anderson's work due to the fact that it has a plateau of varied characters, whimsical story and unique style. This is an accomplished movie, one that boasts a terrific story and some splendid performances. For a romantic drama comedy, Amelie succeeds at being an engaging film that will grab your attention from start to finish. I must admit, I didn't expect much from this film, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good the film was. Audrey Tautou does some great work here, and is perfect in the lead role, and I feel she brings a certain charm to her performance that really adds much more depth to the film. Viewers wanting a good mix of drama and comedy, aided by a well written storyline, then this is a must see film. The film has enough wit and charm to satisfy anyone looking for a good film that is different in the way it presents a romantic story. This is a bizarre take on an old genre, and in many ways, it's a terrific way to tell a story. Amelie has charm, and that's key in making a worthwhile film to watch. The acting and story go hand in hand, and for viewers looking for something different, Amelie might be that film that you're looking for. This is a film that worth seeing, and one that exceeds expectations, and like I said, I expected to be disappointed, but I walked away enjoying it.
May 2, 2014
Going down in my top 10 favourite films of all time list.
April 29, 2014
Same sensation like chocolate melting in our mouth. Sweet, happy, and relaxing. Good movie with local style of execution. French Style.
April 28, 2014
A very stylized French love story. I liked it much --- which is pretty much a given I won't when you have the phrase "stylized French" attached - and I'm a guy - so love stories don't automatically do much for me to begin with. But, I give this 5 stars.

I do think it is highly dangerous for women, though. The movie should have a disclaimer at the start and finish - drumming into the double-x chromosome portion of the audience the fact: This is a fantasy. It is not real. This is a fantasy. It is not real. Do NOT expect to find this out in the real world. This is a fantasy. It is not real...

(Also, in short, don't bring your wife or girlfriend to watch this with you!! You'll never, ever be able to live up to what they will be driven to expect out of you for the next few weeks after the viewing....)
Will Grimsey
May 12, 2013
The fabulous tale of Amelie Poulain is a heart-warming story of a girl who chooses to go on a mission to bring a little happiness to the people in her life, without any thought to her own. Unlike more traditional 'feel-good' movies from overseas (particularly the US), however, "Amelie" is finely crafted and has a sense of panache and flair.
Jeunet's eye for spotting rare and beautiful moments that happen around us every day, doesn't miss a trick. In 'Amelie', he reminds us of the simple pleasures that we all enjoyed as children, and forgot about as we grew into adulthood. It is this theme, more than any other that repeats constantly during the film.

The people in Amelie's world are quirky and eccentric, yet set in typical mundane lives. Everyone has a hidden wonder beneath them, and in Amelie's quest, nobody is spared. Dreams are fulfilled, lovers are united, broken hearts mended and lost treasures are reconciled with their once-jaded owners, and the clever and intricate methods by which Amelie performs her tasks will leave you smiling from ear to ear.

For instance, a scene that will stay in my heart is when Amelie helps a blind man to cross the road. As she does so, she starts describing in vivid detail, the scenes surrounding them both as they walk down a busy Parisian street. Such a simple gesture, yet handled by Jeunet, it becomes a treasured moment. The scene only lasts 10-15 seconds, but will leave you feeling warm, and almost saddened at the everyday sights that you take for granted and never notice.

All in all, the acting (Audrey Tatou in particular), is amazing, the camerawork and direction is stunning (only to be expected of Jeunet's work, such as "Delicatessen" & "City of Lost Children") and the ideas behind the film are ingenious and yet very simple.

"Amelie" really does do a great job of reminding us that there is a child inside us all, and that child still wants to play.
April 23, 2014
The poor child was misunderstood by her parents while seeking affection from her father, later losing her mother in a satirical tragedy. I feel she was born with strong a personality but circumstances transformed her into a shy young lady. Though she has with ambition and curiosity to solve other's misfortunes. Amélie's role model is her neighbor an artist & philosopher, who invites her inquisitiveness, and carefully encourages to pursue her passions.

The story is fascinating when she comes across another shy childhood neighbor with misfortunes of his own who she is later attracted to. He has a fetish for the bazar-collecting toss pic from patron's taking selfies in Photo Booths. He looses his album containing the collection while in chase, and Amélie retrieves it but is intrigues with his fascination, later inviting her on a quest to retrieve it (more of a game or plot familiar in her past).

I love this foreign satirical comedy and often watch it in background or before sleep. She's a beautiful soul emanating childlike innocence with desire for love and friendship not acquired in the past. But she is clever and intuitive with insight to what other's blindly overlook.
Felix B.
April 13, 2014
There is absolutely no denying that Amelie is whimsical, but the storyline and flecks of jet black humour (not forgetting the incredible cinematography and direction) make this film something of a cinematic spectacle.
April 8, 2014
Favourite movie of all time. Period. Loved every freaking second.
June 22, 2007
The whimsicality of Jean-Pierre Jeunet's direction is enough to make you smile, but paired with Audrey Tautou's delightful presence, Amelie is a lovely comic viewing experience.
April 6, 2014
So, my little Amélie, you don't have bones of glass. You can take life's knocks. If you let this chance pass, eventually, your heart will become as dry and brittle as my skeleton. So, go get him, for Pete's sake!
April 5, 2014
Juste unique

descargar musica gratis online
April 4, 2014
It's hard not to instantly fall in love with the character of Amélie and the delight she brings to her world.
Ines P.
April 2, 2014
Absolutely stunning! The power that you think you have over the world may be overrated. The world totally has you. A beautiful film starring an amazing Audrey Tautou. Possibly one of the best films ever made (in my opinion, of course).
June 20, 2013
A very different type of movie but still good. She might be a Myers Brigs personality type ISFJ, which is unusual for a main character.
March 30, 2014
The loveliest most watched movie I own on DVD!
D.A. Zapata
March 29, 2014
Forever one of my favorite French arthouse films. Audrey Tautou is the goddess of quirk and class.