American Dreamer Reviews

August 25, 2010
This is an 1984 movie and still receiving highly positive audience reviews. That in itself should say something. And the "professional Reviewers" gave it a rock bottom rarting. Check the ratings. If nothing else, it reflects the distance between the guys on the street (like me) and the movie pundits. Long live the guys on the street !
October 20, 2014
This is my all time favorite movie. Sweet and funny.
January 15, 2009
Resoundingly generic "Romancing the Stone" copycat.
December 7, 2012
I have watched this movie about 20 times. I love it. It's fantasy, but lots of fun!
December 17, 2011
please let me see it
March 18, 2011
Great movie watch it over and over
January 12, 2011
Saw this years ago and it was hysterically funny!
jjnxn
March 11, 2010
Charming caper film with JoBeth Williams obviously having fun and the wonderful Coral Browne in support.
December 26, 2009
This is a light-hearted, funny movie. I have enjoyed watching over and over. The cast works well together and it cannot be taken seriously.
½ April 11, 2009
JoBeth Williams is a delight and very well cast. Entertaining film, nothing deep or significant but very enjoyable and fun to watch. The plot is clever.
shesdownbytheriver
January 10, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested
November 22, 2008
I admit to having a crush on Jobeth Williams...she's sexy and wacky here....
September 2, 2008
story is a bit weak, and it is hard to believe. But you can stop asking questions and take the film for the nonsence it is and escape a crapy day, trust me her's is a lot worse
January 23, 2008
might possibly be good.
½ November 19, 2007
Very funny. My mom's favorite!
½ August 4, 2007
This was a great show! Very fun and quite hitchcockish like!
½ May 5, 2007
A not too bad of a film, JoBeth Williams is superb in this 1984 comedy film.
March 30, 2007
Charming comedy, one of my favorites. Tom Conti is hilariously exasperated and utterly adorable.
March 8, 2007
I loved this movie. A lot of action but also there was romance.
February 23, 2007
Perfect movie. I love Tom Conti and love this movie!