91% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

YodaMasterJedi

January 18, 2014
two stars
September 18, 2013
Gotta love a movie that gets you laughing and squirming with discomfort in almost equal measures. Think it was a little too edgy for the 'top critics' but I was all about it-- watched it twice.
September 9, 2013
For the most part, I could never related to any coming of age high school stories in popular media, because it was so different from my own experience from outside D.C. in a school with extensive racial diversity and the nerdy magnet program that further complicated any stereotypical hierarchy of school portrayed in movies. While I am of course partial to liking American Milkshake because it essentially captures my upbringing, i think its a funny and entertaining film that totally gets the behavior and mindset of teenagers and captures racial dynamics that are prevalent outside a predominantly all-white bubble.
September 6, 2013
It was an entertain movie. It was fun to watch Jolie going through all those drama, how he deals or not even deal with it. The racial jokes were funny to me, I went to a public high school in nyc so I could related to that. Over all, I enjoyed the movie.
Bob S.
September 6, 2013
Great movie. Worth seeing a true to life coming of age story about white kids.
January 20, 2013
This white kid from the '90's is pretty racist and that's kind of funny. Quite distasteful and wholly pointless.