American Ninja 2: The Confrontation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

American Ninja 2: The Confrontation Reviews

½ March 22, 2007
This sequel martial arts film with the return of Michael Dudikoff and Steve James is more enjoyable action than the original one.
November 6, 2013
I love me some Dudikoff, even with his terribly dry and suspect acting skills, but to be downright honest it is Steve James that steals this sequel to the classic original. What made the original so likable is completely missing in this outing as American Ninja 2 tries to hard to appease the mainstream audience instead of accepting it's limited cult appeal. The great soundtrack is missing and replaced with generic urban beats which ostracizes the fans of the series more than it helps gather in new fans. American Ninja 2 isn't very good and rather insulting if you are a fan of the original but it still is watchable.
December 23, 2008
"Ninja? What the hell are ninja?"
When Marines on a tropical paradise start disappearing, it's up to Curtis Jackson and the American Ninja, Joe Armstrong (often imitated, never duplicated) to get to the bottom of things. With a little help, Jackson and Armstrong must stop an evil scientist from creating his own brand of genetically engineered super ninjas. SERIOUSLY.
Alright. The skinny on this film: 'American Ninja 2' is hella fun. This is easily the second greatest movie ever made. Everything from the theme song to the fight scenes, the Val Kilmer-lookalike to the cheesy acting may not scream Oscar, but it sure screams entertaining. On top of that, the plethora of one liners generated from this masterpiece can be applied to any aspect of our daily lives: "Rangers, my son, rangers." This is truly a movie to snub the critics and entertain the masses.
May 22, 2008
Im sure I saw this... because I saw them all. I just don't know how to decipher between any of them.
But they are all great.
June 3, 2015
It has all the ridiculousness you expect for this kind of movie, and I felt like I was watching early 90s USA channel stuff again, but the fights were so slow and choreographed. It wasn't even exciting or impressive. There is a pretty fun action sequence in the middle of the movie with a ninja being dragged by a truck, but other than that the lead is a corpse and the movie is forgettable.
½ April 8, 2014
These type of movies were made in Hollywood - phew !
½ December 27, 2013
A pretty bland action movie that's really only memorable for having some of the most inept ninjas in film history. A tip for the bad guy ninjas in this film ... those full body black suits really only act as stealth costumes at night. People can see you quite well if you walk on the beach in broad daylight. Dudikoff is his usual bland self, and I can't remember much of anything about the villain. Steve James is ... as always ... totally awesome. This movie features the worst use of a double that I have ever seen.
June 26, 2012
Both Joe Armstrong (Michael Dudikoff) and Curtis Jackson (Steve James) are back for another action packed movie, but this time they're trying to figure out why several Marine guards have gone MIA from their posts.

This movie seems to be as good as the original American Ninja (1985) movie. Both Joe Armstrong and Curtis "Action" Jackson continue to make a great pair in these films.

There's several sequels to this film. American Ninja 3: Blood Hunt (1989)- this film doesn't feature Michael Dudikoff. American Ninja 4: The Annihilation (1990), which does feature Michael Dudikoff. The final film in the collection is American Ninja 5 (1993), which again, doesn't feature Michael Dudikoff. This film doesn't seem to follow the story from the previous four films.
April 5, 2012
More of the same, so this one's for the fans.
August 19, 2009
I didn't know why Michael Bouffant and Steve Blackman were being chased by unskilled ninjas, and I didn't care.
May 1, 2006
Ninja action flick about two Army guys trying to figure out why fellow soliders have been captured and by who. They soon realize the problem is bigger than what they might have suspected.

Possible Spoiler:

The action is pretty good, but it doesn't make sense in large part. The objective of the drug lord is to turn moral men into ninja machines with the help of a scientist whom he promised to help fund so that he can cure cancer.

The thing that doesn't make sense is that while trying to impress everyone with these new killers he has his main man destory about 25 of them at one time. Yeah, these ninja's look REALLY tough.

Also, the blonde guy isn't really believeable for the character he played. C'mon, this guy was a male model! Steve James is alot better and actually brings personality to the picture.

In final, I'll just say it's a movie that's pretty much an excuse to show off some impressive stunts... The movie works there, but the plot holes and lack of interesting characters doesn't give this film much depth.