American Psycho II: All American Girl Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
½ March 28, 2012
Direct to DVD sequel to American Psycho, American Psycho 2 is unrelated to the first; but is kind of easy to see why this film is viewed as a sequel. This one doesn't deliver, and personally I think that it was pointless to make this film as it has nothing to offer. The film has poor acting, the cast is horrible, the story is bad and the directing is sloppy. American Psycho 2 contains all the traditional elements of a straight to DVD title. The film also has miscast roles including William Shatner as the professor and Mila Kunis. I felt that nothing really clicked, and the film was simply bizarre. As far as I'm concerned, American Psycho was a perfect stand alone film that had plenty of unnerving and disturbing elements. The film is sloppy with no effort in trying to create something watchable. The film simply tried to cash in on the success of the first by using rehashed ideas, This film insults Bret Easton Ellis who wrote the book. Fans of American Psycho should pass up on this at all costs as it is a poorly crafted film with no good payoff or story for that matter. While American Psycho had great psychological horror elements that really made it a disturbing film to watch, this film lacks those elements and it just doesn't deliver. This an awful train wreck of a film that will displease fans of American Psycho. The film is one of the worst sequels that I've seen, and being straight to DVD it's no mystery why. Sequels like this should give film studio a clue not to invest money into garbage like this.
TheGame90
½ February 6, 2012
Well this certainly sucked... Just a bad movie. Nothing like the original (not that I expected it to be but you know...they could have tried...) and to top it all off....bad acting as well. Thumbs up!
blkbomb
July 8, 2011
Rachael's Mom: Sweet Jesus, it smelled like someone died in here!

After just watching the original American Psycho and loving it; my curiosity got the best of me and I watched this piece of crap. Why they made a sequel; I don't know. This movie probably would have been better if it had no connections to American Psycho. American Psycho II: All American Girl tries to be funny, but it's just lame. The narration from Mila Kunis is piss poor as is her performance. How she went from this to Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Black Swan is pretty incredible. Obviously Lionsgate looked at this as a potential money grabber, cashing in on the first. Maybe if they had tried to make something that made sense in connection to the first; this would have worked better. But when it's all said and done, this is just endless garbage from start to finish. The ending is totally unbelievable and completely moronic. This really didn't deserved to be made.
ScoopOnline
December 11, 2009
I pretty enjoyed this Movie. I have to buy it on DVD. In spite of all she did ones she leaves behind like "the mum in the movie: serial mom" in a twisted kind of way I sympathised the character of Rachael(Mila Kunis) I wish there was a sequel:((
½ November 9, 2006
I actually enjoyed this more than the original. It was so wrong on so many levels which kept me entertained. Although there wasn't a scene like in the first one that could make me laugh so hard like Patrick Bateman killing to Huey Lewis and the News.
Gx7
February 13, 2008
Dull, very predictable, oh-my-gosh! Its like, so cool! NOT!!! BLLFFFT! Why did I even bother getting this... Head.. wall.. Go! >X(!
July 26, 2007
There wasn't anything really American about this girl. The setting was no longer classy New York, and was a quiet college town and dorm. It had that made-in-Canada vibe to it. The storytelling felt very much like an afterschool special. I was curious they didn't investigate many of the missing students; especially the boy from the powerful family. It was nice seeing William Shatner, but he didn't bring much of his fun energy to his professor character. I really liked the extreme snobbish edge the original American Psycho had; none of it was here. Mila Kunis was confident and quirky in her role as the next American Psycho, but did not seem to have the powerful coldness of Patrick Bateman which Christian Bale made so memorable. Her connections to the first American Psycho were a terrible stretch. Gore was pretty tame in most of the killings, we saw some of the after-effects in flashbacks later, but it would've been nice to see the visciousness of the actual deaths. The restaurant scene was interesting when Rachel and her parents encountered her psychologist Dr. Daniels and his mother. It got quite meandering once spring break started and there were no more students to kill. There were some effective corpse-in-the-closet effects. The end chase supplied a bit of action. Overall, this movie is weak.
nuheart
½ December 26, 2006
How many words are there for crap?
½ March 17, 2012
Lacking any of the thrills from the original, this straight-to-DVD sequel is a kill-fest really only kept alive by the sexy Mila Kunis, whose sex appeal is not used to the advantage of the film. Coming off much like the sexy thrillers in Poison Ivy, but without any actual sexiness. Not even William Shatner could add anything to this film.
Naughtia
½ May 15, 2010
Well, if they did not want to have this movie compared to American Psycho, they shouldn't have named it American Psycho 2. So here goes. First I have to talk about the title. I can't see how this movie can be linked with the American Psycho movie, this should have been a entirely different psycho movie, like 'Psycho girl' or something. The only connection this movie has to the original one is the very short scene where Rachael kills a person from the first movie. This scene could've easily been left out, because it has no relevancy to the story. The movie itself was just ok and very predictable. It did not have the same amount of quirkiness and it was not nearly as interesting and catchy as the original American Psycho movie. The movie is about a girl who wants to gain employment at the FBI and she is willing to do anything and kill anyone who gets in her way. The movie was a tad cheesy and reminded me about all the stereotypical teen horror movies from the 90's.
½ August 3, 2007
Um...Didn't like it. It intrigued me, but I didn't find it to be a good movie at all. Only if you're at your house, bored, watch it through cable...
DrStrangeblog
½ February 27, 2009
Sometimes you get the unexpected. I had this tagged as "not interested," but sometimes you can't avoid what Encore offers you. In the end, this was a very watchable, diverting, and even darkly humorous DTV offering.

Normally the DTV, or Direct-To-Video, label signals low-budget, often poorly-made movies, or non-theatrical sequels of marginally successful films. Someimes, as with the "Cube" series, these DTV efforts are worthwhile. "American Psycho 2" has nothing to do with the original filmmakers or author, and only a tenuous but bold link to the previous film. By bold I mean the subject of that film is killed off in the introduction! Name another DTV that would dare try that! Here it sets the stage for our new psycho, who killed Patrick Bateman herself as he was planning the unseemly against her babysitter.

Mila Kunis is sharp-tongued and quick-witted and appealing in a twisted way as a student obsessed with becoming the new teacher's assistant to renowned serial killer expert William Shatner, a wry slice of casting as oftentimes in real life Shatner appears unhinged himself!

The plot thickens as the T.A. competition thins out, which really destroys AP2's credibility. Students disappear for days, yet nobody seems to notice! Fortunately, the tone is kept light and sardonic, a serial killer story carried by helium. 'American Psycho Lite.' 2.5 stars might not sound like much, but that's Oscar-caliber in the realm of DTV.
August 1, 2008
Artfully, amusingly terrible. I haven't seen the original and I'm still entirely confident I could make a more faithful sequel. And really, the premise wasn't totally without merit, but they failed on every level of execution; unnatural dialogue and amateurish direction aside, the worst problem is that I was bored. I love Shatner but when he's the most believable actor in the movie, you've got a problem. Kunis is much better in Sarah Marshall.
nickymo89
July 22, 2008
Ummmmmmm yeaaaaah... I mean nooooo!
February 14, 2008
By any other name this film would have been passable: girl obsessed with serial-killers kills rivals for vaunted position at the FBI. Unfortunately they decided to associate it with the brilliance of American Psycho and therefore left themselves open to scatching attacks by those that have not only SEEN the original but UNDERSTOOD it, something the makers of this clearly haven't done.
½ February 18, 2012
A film that should make you wretch just from its title, American Psycho 2 is--if you can almost completely divorce it from the original novel and film--as one critic says below "oddly amusing." Is it intelligent, stylish, or even brutal? No....it is total garbage. However, Mila Kunis as Patrick Batman's much younger sister and William Shatner as her college professor manage to create a truly craptastic experience that blends comedy and slasher cliches into an enjoyably stupid mixture.
½ October 4, 2011
Umm... So maybe I'm missing something, but this might be the most un-needed sequel of all time. I went into this as a huge fan of the original, and knowing that this was going to suck, but it REALLY sucks.

Gone are any sense cerebral stimulation, original storytelling, good acting, unnerving horror scenes and interesting story of the original. Replaced with shallow characters who are intentionally turned into stereotypical teen slasher douche-bags. Mila Kunis as a brilliant student?? William Shatner as a legendary FBI agent?? Seriously? Some of the worst casting ever.

Beyond this malarkey, the story is a dime a dozen dud with no thought or inspiration behind it. Its just a real shame to see a movie with such vision and flair turned into something so mundane, poorly crafted and trivial.
moviemaniacgirl
June 24, 2010
Average. Very average. Lacking in the plot department, with no originality or "twists"- like some reviews have promised. The only shining light in this darkness is Kunis, who shines in all her seductive roles.
May 29, 2011
After American Psycho, my expectations were high, & this wasn't like the 1st one, Good, I'll give you that, but NO CIGAR(why that is an expression, I don't know)
½ February 17, 2011
this movie sucked on a miraculous level thats on the levels shit like Nightmare on Elm Street 2 and Seed of Chucky