42% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

American Yakuza Reviews

webwidow
April 23, 2011
bloody war worth a watch.
SnowBinkie
February 27, 2011
I didn't like that part that everyone has to die...
mmoss77
February 24, 2011
I will like to watch the movie before rating
ljtchicagorad
February 20, 2011
Awesome action, Great acting, Good Storyline.
lower budget film that is Great!
February 28, 2007
An amature, gimmicky and painfully overwritten script with the campiest directing style and a whole mish mash of bad acting. Worst of all is the intrusive and overly dramatic score playing over almost every minute of the movie and the constant fading transitions. As a die hard Viggo fan, I can only take comfort in the fact that most mainstream audiences will never see this movie.
July 7, 2007
Probably one of the best B-movies ever made in Hollywood, and in my opinion one of the few "yellow fever" movies that displays an understanding of Eastern philosophy and sentiments about loyalty, honour and the sacrality of love. There is a great, great scene where Viggo Mortensen's character "tips over" from the "good side" to the "bad side" - a hitman has butchered his Japanese wife and Viggo holds him out over an edge in his tie - while stretching his neck to see if his bleeding wife may still be alive... She is not...
October 23, 2010
A well made b-movie which has impressive action scenes, great performances, unique camera shots and good music. It's more than just a run of the mill action movie as it has an intriguing plot. Viggo Mortensen makes for a decent hero, he plays things low key and cool and keeps the audience on his side. Ryo Ishibashi is perhaps the most entertaining performance, mainly because its so great to see a classic style Yakuza performance in a movie from the West. Robert Forster is underused as Mortensen's boss, while Michael Nouri does good work as the mob leader. This is definitely an appealing movie and far better than most of this sort of fare, it just isn't quite hard hitting or innovative enough. Still, worth a look for action fans or fans of the main stars.
bubblana
July 23, 2010
I was suprised over how much I liked it. I had expected ok acting, so-so story and bad action. But the action/violence/deaths was good, the acting really good and the story just got better and better. So thumbs up!
December 22, 2009
this film is very dated. it fits back in the time of those silly action flicks with chuck norris and van damme. a weak story done poorly.
kesempolan
September 26, 2009
baru tengok sekerat.. tak abis lagi
339z
March 27, 2009
well umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch,.,its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie...i think that viggo mortensen, michael nouri, robert forster, nicky katt play good parts throughout this movie,,,i think that the director of this Action & Adventure, Mystery & Suspense movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie..i think that the fight scenes n the gun shoot outs were pretty kewl throguhout this movie...its a good movie 2 watch n the car chase scenes were pretty kewl as well throughout this movie
January 14, 2009
Awful. A really poor attempt to add an Eastern twist to the American gangster genre. If I was a Yakuza I would also be a bit insulted by the premise of this film that not only would they let in a white none Japanese man, he is also an FBI agent. Just so flimsy a plot it makes the whole thing ridiculous. This was a film that would have suited Steve Segal down to the ground, Mortensen, however probably looks back in horror
azdw
November 8, 2008
Review will be written when/if re-watched (Probability: Zero).

First viewing: 28.03.2002
NuncaSerao
September 1, 2008
OK-ish movie. Good action. A wee bit boring, to a degree. lol
nickymo89
nickymo89

June 26, 2008
A ok low budget action movie.
AZDEVIL1
July 18, 2007
This is a B-Movie gem starring Vigo Mortensen as an undercover cop who infiltrates the Yakuza and the ever posed question is asked, duty or honor? A great find for Yakuza and Vigo fans alike!
June 20, 2007
I enjoyed this movie a bit, thought it had a pretty good story and enjoyed the acting from both Viggo Mortensen and Ryo Ishibashi. Pretty good movie...
dorisgc
April 3, 2007
brill...action thriller
bigibbens
March 16, 2007
Very good movie; realistic, but very sad.