Amores Perros - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Amores Perros Reviews

March 13, 2016
Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu is one of the best filmmakers of the 21st century
½ March 10, 2016
Loves a Bitch is part of the Inarritu trilogy that explores interconnecting lives/themes. I thought it was ok, the best of the three stories was definitely the one about the dog owner and his brother's girlfriend. The other two stories were less compelling. Well acted but would have liked a tidier ending to the film.
March 9, 2016
Pirmasis "The Revenant" rezisieriaus darbas - suns ir zmogaus krauju nutaskyta istorija apie kelius ir klystkelius link meiles.
March 1, 2016
"GRITTY | INCREDIBLE | MASTERPIECE | SUSPENSEFUL | UNFORGETTABLE" (97-out-of-100)
February 6, 2016
4.0/5
Amores Perros often screams gritty ingenuity, but it heavily relies on being emotional and controverisal with each story and sometimes forgets that the other stories matter just as much, making it feel like a fairly uneven but always engaging experience.
½ January 15, 2016
What was the conflict? What was the point? What did I get out of this?
January 4, 2016
"Amores Perros" is a stunning film with a story that fans out like an octopus from a central disaster linking three separate storylines. I found this film to be masterfully executed and more personally touching then most films out today. Each story line and character were so carefully drawn that I remained mesmerized as I experienced the overlapping and out of order narrative. I also felt as though I had been transported to worlds-within-a-world that I had never experienced before. The story is filled with infinite sadness, but leaves one with the feeling of true life authenticity, of having touched some things personal in my own life. Days after seeing the film, my mind is still filled with vivid images and my heart aches from the emotions. This is one of the few films I would give a solid 10. Must see for serious film buffs and dramatic screenwriters.
September 29, 2013
IÃÃ,±arrÃÃ,­tu's greatest achievement! From square one I was in love with this film. Many people have called this film "the Mexican Pulp Fiction". While I didn't find this film quite as nostalgic, there are definitely similarities, mostly in the way the characters are handled. Brilliant performances, energetic pacing, intense grit and realism, amazing dialogue, and potentially some of the best directing I've ever seen in a crime drama. IÃÃ,Ã,±arritu is certainly saying a lot here, but the most prominent theme of this film is how humans perceive this idea of loyalty and being loyal to one another, and we're shown both sides with amazing naturalism. Alejandro Gonzalez IÃÃ,Ã,±arrÃÃ,Ã,­tu is one of my biggest influences, and prior to seeing this I said that 21 Grams was his greatest work, but I was wrong. This is a masterpiece that deserves to be celebrated.
December 12, 2015
Really enjoyed this. Inarritu is a creative director. Can't wait for The Revenant.
½ November 20, 2015
The first third of the movie almost off because it was so boring and as always the theme of violence and more violence. Then this was compounded with the story of Valeria and maru these two powerful scenes made the film very remarkable.
½ November 7, 2015
González Iñárritu has a unique style for his films before Birdman, of those movies, this is without a doubt the best one
½ November 1, 2015
Amores Perros is perfect, a cult hit incredible and visually spectacular and with a history and a few characters very well developed, the masterpiece that gave the world recognition to Alejandro González Iñárritu is perfect, unique and original. It is like Pulp Fiction, but in Mexico.

Review en Español:
Amores Perros es perfecta, una obra de culto increíble y visualmente espectacular y con una historia y unos personajes muy bien desarrollados, la obra maestra que le dio el reconocimiento mundial a Alejandro Gonzalez Iñarritu es perfecta, única y original. Es como Pulp Fiction, pero en México.
½ October 8, 2015
August 17, 2015
one of my absolute favorites
August 16, 2015
Absolutely amazing cinematography from Alejandro González Iñárritu! Three stories are simple and very straightforward and they interweaving with one another by each character' s own choices when in their own crossroads. It seems to me that each of the main characters are making somehow wrong decisions from an outsider's eyes and thus, they walked on the path of self-destruction. The story itself is not a happy one, if not too depressing. I think of Requiem for a Dream after watching Amores Perros. Both movies echo with each other... I realized that I am all confused if I should continue to have hopes for my life ahead or just not bother to have any expectations toward life at all...
August 3, 2015
Inarritu's debut film, back when he was good. Most impressive is how after the exhilarating speed of the first act, the second act, something of a domestic drama, slows down considerably and still manages to deliver the goods, perhaps the best piece in the film. I can't say it all ties together successfully (act three should have made us care about the protagonist's relationship with his daughter) but on the bright side, it does beat Birdman.
½ June 28, 2014
Intense, thought provoking, and gritty, Amores Perros is an ambitious drama thriller divided into three separate storylines, all of which share connections of loss, love, betrayal, and death!
July 13, 2015
Three gritty and disturbing stories about dogs, all interlinked in a unchronological way that, like pulp fiction, gives you a challenge to pinpoint the start and finish points.