Amour

Amour

93%

He hasn't been there!

I do wonder at times where some of these critics come from. A bad review for this film from Kelly Vance because it's bitter! I gather he hasn't been there yet, although it's hard to imagine any of us avoiding the truth of "Amour" if we live long enough. I had a difficult time holding in the tears remembering the similar death of my late husband of pancreatic cancer at 57 and of my mother, from heart disease at 88. Why do Americans (in particular) have such a difficult time acknowledging life as it's lived."Amour" should be required viewing for any who plan to live to old age--most of us it seems. It's painful but so very true. I hope very much Riva wins the Oscar--her performance is beyond any of the others I've seen this year.
Grace Brophy
01-30-2013 09:57 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Mike Minnis

Mike Minnis

The acting is terrific. However, the movie was a downer.If you like staring at walls, mercy killings, suicide and want to be depressed, this is your movie. No hope in this slow as molasses at the North Pole in the middle of the winter movie.

Aug 21 - 06:49 PM

Brett Reno

Brett Reno

Well, we've been there. Just a year and half ago. Had we known the story we would not have gone to see this movie. Yes, great acting. A real horror story. One that we could have done without.

Feb 24 - 08:36 AM

Loren Erickson

Loren Erickson

Great comment! So many Americans are just obsessed with the first part of love and don't want the messy part of living. 'The loving is easy, it's the living that's hard.'

Feb 13 - 12:29 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile