And, There You Are - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

And, There You Are Reviews

½ January 5, 2013
I've seen enough of these independent gay films to know that when the writer and/or director and/or producer of any of these films is also the film's star just leave it ALONE. If anyone were talented enough to write/direct/produce and star in their own film they wouldn't be making independent films in the first place. The main problem with this rambling mess of a movie is watching Roy Kirkland's old creeper character claim he "isn't gay" but then flame up all over the screen and throw himself at these "straight" men is about as enjoyable to watch as a harp seal being clubbed to death.

Ray Dalton unloads to his therapist about each straight man problem he has had in the last few weeks. We could have been given a cleverly layered set of short vignettes but oh no, instead we are subjected to an excruciatingly extended and hilariously clumsy retelling of each failed relationship.

Had these individual stories been presented with the slightest bit of insight, humor or intelligence, the movie MIGHT have had a chance at redemption despite the writer's inept and completely amateur performance.

The men he hooks up with put in some enjoyable performances but without any gratuitous nudity to speak of even they aren't reason enough to rent this low budget hot mess.

Speaking of hot messes, in case you ARE dumb enough not to believe me and rent this crap anyway, there is ONE hilarious moment on this DVD but it's not in the movie, it's the BONUS music video at the end of the movie's theme song written and sung by no other than Kirkland himself in a fabulous pirate shirt with tons of slow-mo and soft focus... yer gonna LOVE it!

Writing F
Special Effects n/a
Music/Soundtrack F

Final Grade F
July 14, 2012
It's campy, cheesy, low-budget and totally forgeteable. The scene in wich the main guy have dinner with some dude and his girlfriend is so disgusting and plain stupid.
½ July 14, 2012
The comedy of only dating str8 guys. Ok, so the acting could be better, but there is a funny story to be found if you can ignore that.
July 14, 2012
Not worth the time and effort. You have heard of vanity press, this is vanity film and not even good or fair or anything, but bad bad bad!!!!
½ July 14, 2012
Based on a true story??? Who would write about themselves driving around the streets picking up guys & even contemplate making a movie about it...
Bake a cake and watch it cooking - guarantee it will be more interesting - the main actor is a queeny reject who definitely isn't handsome (as the movie rant suggests), the story line is rubbish.

I don't know how anyone could edit this dribble to where it is and even remotely believe its a movie let alone a story.
If it is based on the authors life, I think he has to much $$$ & an even more inflated self opinion to finance such a woeful load of garbage.

Its the type of story that belongs in the trash section of the Adult book stores, perhaps weirdo's in trench coats could read it in between flashing passer by's... Give it a big miss - crapola...
July 14, 2012
I pooped, and the turd looked like Rosie O'Donnel playing tennis with Burt Lancaster.
½ July 14, 2012
I don't know how utterly bored you may be that may actually be worth watching this movie. I rented it thinking it would be a comedy, not expecting much but definitely at least something resembling a movie. This was just plain bad. The acting was terrible, the script and dialogue sounded like they were written by a 12-year old but being played by a 40+ man, and there really wasn't anything funny about it. Oh, wait, there WAS something funny about it. How they made it look like the gay guy came on to all the "straight" guys and they just went along with it. This is no gay-bashing, I'm gay, but this movie was just plain bad.

Definitely do NOT recommend it.
good good