—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

Andy Warhol: The Complete Picture Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

August 21, 2013
Andy Warhol was one of the most significant pop artists of the 1960's onwards. He became famous for his unique style and fashion. He always strived to be avant garde. This film goes in depth into his legendary career. Me, personally, I never was a fan of his work, I found it quite ordinary, but Warhol's influence on popular culture is significant. Love him or hate him, he was an icon. Although not a fan of his work, I found the film to be very interesting and features many interviews from those who knew him. As well as interviews, there is also some significant archive footage here as well. This is a must watch for Warhol fans and even those who aren't interested in his work, should see the film because Warhol had such an influence on culture. Everything you'd want to know about Warhol is presented here and it is a well crafted documentary that is engaging from start to finish. The interviews themselves are terrific and are quite eye opening and sheds light into the mind of Andy Warhol. His art was unique and so was his lifestyle. We get that glimpse and it is a good documentary for what it is, but compared to other documentaries on any other subject, this one just didn't stand out. In other words, it won't become a documentary classic anytime soon. Worth seeing if you're interested in the subject, otherwise, avoid it as you'll probably find it tiresome. I nonetheless recommend the film and it does have entertaining value due to the fact that Andy Warhol was a highly eccentric and interesting personality of pop culture. A flawed documentary, but worth checking out only if you're curious about the subject.
Woody
November 1, 2007
Extremely in depth documentary on the troubled artist. I could only hope that no one would ever reveal as much about myself as they do about Andy Warhol in this documentary.

Recommended for any pop-culture or Warhol fan.