Anna and the King of Siam - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Anna and the King of Siam Reviews

½ June 9, 2015
i enjoyed watching this historical,drama,and comedy film great acting to
April 28, 2015
A strong willed British woman takes a job in Siam teaching the children of the king. Good-natured, if not a bit naive, story is anchored by strong acting, and beautiful and elaborate sets.
½ December 21, 2013
Theres a certain lightheartedness to this film even though its not a comedy and is sometime dealing with serious issues. Its interesting how when a woman stood up to the men she wasn't burned at the stake but respected. If you have seen the musical it is very similar (ect,ect,ect). Its also interesting to see how the king wanted to impress Europe to keep off invasion.
August 3, 2013
Anna Owens lied about just about everything, even her own name. On top of that this movie uses some of the most offensive stereotypes since "Birth Of A Nation". Harrison starred in some great movies but I hope he was ashamed of this one.
May 28, 2013
An unjustly ignored film given that it's really still the best version of this story. Harrison's performance as the titular king will probably skirt the bounds of racial discomfort for modern audiences ... but he successfully stays on the side of good taste. It's a testament to what a magnificent actor he truly was. This version is darker than any subsequent versions, and really is a wonderfully effective melodrama.
February 6, 2013
still the best version of this tale
½ April 5, 2012
Rex got criticized for doing this role, but I thought it was great.
½ April 6, 2010
Anna and the King of Siam is a good film. Irene Dunn and Rex Harrison worked well together. I thought it was a good film with an interesting story. The production values and the direction are done very well. The movie was full of heart and compassion. Anna and the King of Siam is a must see.
August 26, 2009
recommended by robertscottwall.
August 15, 2009
Boring and very uninteresting.
April 4, 2009
Seen the Jodie Foster version, don't want to see this one
October 2, 2008
I liked the Yul and Deborah version better.
March 5, 2007
nominated for best picture by NBR
March 17, 2008
I am starting to hate these sequels that keep coming out.
February 13, 2008
This was a good oldie
June 29, 2007
great...but King and I was better
December 28, 2007
This sounds exactly like The King and I. How is it not?
November 19, 2007
the old classic is a good film.
September 25, 2007
I saw this post war film on TV last year and it's still very watchable and the story doesn't appear very dated at all.
½ September 28, 2007
Rex got criticized for doing this role, but I thought it was great.