20% Transcendence Apr 18

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Anne of Green Gables: The Continuing Story Reviews

Leigh R

November 7, 2006
I love Anne, Follows does a fabulous job.
Sunil J

May 19, 2012
A mixed bag but still pretty great.
June 17, 2012
I'm a huge fan of the Anne of Green Gables series, including the books. However, this "continuing story" feels forced. It's dark and depressing and a complete distraction from all the things I've learned to love about Anne. During the entire movie, I missed Annie's whimsy, I missed her spirit and her lust for life. Too much of the movie felt hopeless and when hope eventually returned, I was disinterested and disconnected. I'm glad I saw it, so I can cross if off my list, but I cannot recommend it to anyone else. Instead, pick up the first two parts of this series. Learn to love Anne's heart. THAT, I insist upon.
amandarent
July 11, 2011
As an Anne fan, I have tried to get through this movie so many times and find my attention span greatly tried, a feat indeed. The story line has little, if anything to do with the original characters, and the characters sadly lack enchantment. I tried to watch it as a movie, disregarding the Anne chronicles, and still could not get through it.
graemii
April 5, 2009
Nice continuation but I wanted to see more of the 'developing' relationship between Anne and Gilbert. It seems like that part was skipped over.
yomisso
December 24, 2008
ick - this movie was done just because the director or producer wanted more money. this plotline is so far-fetched, l.m. montgomery would never stoop to this.
hlg69
August 8, 2008
This portion of the Anne of Green Gables series wasn't up to the par of the previous films, but the reunion between Anne and Gilbert makes it good.
JaredsBaby
July 13, 2008
LOVE Ann of Green Gables the whole series. Once you star watching it you can't stop just want to keep finding out what happens to Anne.
frazierjm1
March 10, 2008
I was thankful for yet a 3rd installment to see how Anne & Gilbert grew up. I like that they end up together. A nice ending to a nice story.
January 23, 2008
This was a good film on it's own, but I rated it low because it doesn't go with LM Montgomery's story at all. I loved the original movies and was excited to see they'd made more. After having read all of the books, this movie was a big let down.
countrygirlliving
November 30, 2007
good movie but totally doesn't go with the others in light of the books but if you watch it as kind of it's own story not too bad
October 15, 2007
I was disappointed with this sequel of the Anne of Green Gables series. Kevin Sullivan took the well loved characters and put them into his own story, its a shame because there was lots of material left in the L M Montgomery books to continue on with Anne and Gilbert.
rachelpinkrox
October 4, 2007
I love Anne of Green Gables!! The stories rock!! I have the first 3 books in the series, and I've read them each, like, 5 times!! I've also read all the books in the series. The movies are great!! This movie is great, a must-see!!
June 15, 2007
So NOT based on the books, but if you liked the previous two movies, you should like this too. It brings the story to a nice conclusion.
June 25, 2007
They strayed from the book. It's unforgivable, no matter how entertaining the movie ended up being.
June 9, 2007
Interesting enough, but completely deviates from the books and doesn't really add anything to the story, other than you actually get to see Anne and Gilbert married.
May 23, 2007
Anne is my all-time favorite female character...I grew up loving her and Megan Follows is PERFECT for the role, in all of the pieces.
May 8, 2007
This was good. It was so nostalgic for me. But it was also sad watching everyone I grew up watching pass on. I loved seeing Megan Follows and Jonathan Crombie together and I was so glad Schuyler Grant was there. It was good. SO touching. I wish they would have made this sooner.
April 30, 2007
I loved Anne of Green Gables as a pre-teen. I loved the miniseries and Anne of Avolea, the follow-up. So, it is not surprising I loved this as well. Megan Follows will always be Anne to me and the story is great for any pre-teen girl, even the one that resides inside us adults.
purplefantasie92
April 14, 2007
This movie doesn't follow with Anne's life in the books at all, but I still love it because of the interesting plot and it is well made.