Another 48 Hrs. Reviews

July 6, 2010
Really, it's the same caliber as the first, I actually think this one flows better and has more interesting bad guys. Sure, it's basically a very standard sequel but it's just a lot of fun and has characters that are so interesting. It's a really solid buddy cop movie, anyone who loves the genre will definitely like this.
½ August 20, 2006
It's faster, funnier and more action-packed than the first. An endlessly enjoyable sequel. Better than the first. Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy are still a great team. Hard-hitting, fast, furious and relentlessly funny. What a great and fun ride. An explosive and suspenseful action-packed comedy loaded with great stunts and body-slamming laughs. The boys are back in town and this time their packing more heat.
Chiefilms
½ March 2, 2008
Not a good tag team.
sanjurosamurai
January 25, 2007
good sequel to a great action comedy
kpn666
December 31, 2006
As most, not as good as the original. Could have been something special, but not really. Just watch it to enjoy on a night and say you've watched it. Some good gags, but Murphy is restricted from his full potential. And not much new stuff either, just old gags and laughs recycled.
garyX
December 30, 2006
A typical corporate attempt to milk a cash cow by making the original film again, but worse.
deano
½ December 3, 2006
Good to see Nolte and Murphy reunite after 8 years in their actions and lots of fun.
July 31, 2013
Murphy and Nolte are together again for Another 48 HRS., a thrilling action packed adventure. As Reggie's prison release date approaches Ganz's bother comes looking for revenge, but detective Cates gets to him first and enlists his help in finding the mysterious crime figure known as the Iceman; who put out the hit on Reggie. The plot's a little less contrived this time, and the storytelling's fairly solid. Additionally, the action's especially well-shot and adds a lot of intensity to the film. Featuring a stronger cast and more action, Another 48 HRS. outdoes the original.
½ July 4, 2015
Everything about it reeks of a studio mandated sequel . . . complete with retreading the first film, while gutting everything that made it edgy and exciting.
xxdebxx
½ February 23, 2010
Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte are back together playing off each other in this buddy movie. Nolte is determined to track down and prove that the mysterious killer called the Iceman exists. Iceman is the owner of the money that Murphy stole in the first film. Once more he needs the street smart Murphy who is still in jail for a crime he claims he didn't commit. With biker action, car chases, shoot outs and the twist ending that is sure to please, this was a fun sequel and definitely worth a look.
½ January 27, 2008
If you have to choose, then choose the first 48 hours. Nevertheless, this is not a bad film to watch on DVD if your couch is comfy.
½ June 1, 2010
A bad sequel to a bad movie.
jim222001us
August 6, 2007
Another 48 Hrs is a fun sequel even if it feels like the first film all over again. This time Nolte and Murphy are forced to team up again, when the brother of the bad guy from the first film is looking for revenge.

The brother looking for revenge in a sequel thing has been done how many times ? Plus you have shoot-outs in sleazy motels as women run around topless....just like in the first film. While Nolte and Murphy question people at bars and night clubs just like in the first film as well. You also have a bar fight in the movie for no good reason. Yet, I'd recommend this movie because Nolte and Murphy are in good form and work well together. The movie could have been worse, like Beverly Hills Cop 3 bad for instance.
moviefan1725
April 10, 2008
A buddy movie lives or dies on the chemistry of its actors. Thankfully Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy have it to burn. The circumstances surrounding the reunion of their characters may be contrived, but that's beside the point. What matters is the boys are back in town, delivering another healthy dose of one-liners, fistfights, and gun battles. There's also a natural progression in the storyline that was only hinted at in the original. The movie is also noteworthy for two things. First, I don't think there is a movie in existence that has more glass breaking than here. Secondly, it contains THE greatest sucker punch in the history of movies. It happens at 52:45 in the movie. Check it out and see what I mean.
½ March 10, 2008
i loved the original and the sequel of these movies, hilarious and a great action thriller too boot
½ January 17, 2008
Yes, I know everyone hates this film because it isn't near as good as the original, but I dug it. I loved the action scenes and the twin villains.
½ December 25, 2014
What a lame sequel. The summary on this page says it best: It's seems like a parody of the first film rather than a sequel.
½ June 15, 2011
The action in this is bigger and the comedy is just as funny. Not on par to the first but still very fun.
May 29, 2011
Reggie: I have been having a very bad day! I just got out of jail this morning! Already I've been shot at, I was on a bus that flipped over seventeen times, bitch tried to stab me in the bathroom, and somebody blew up my Porsche! I am in a bad goddamn mood! Now I usually don't step in on things like this but this man Jack Cates is gonna help me straighten out the rest of my day! So I suggest you all back up, and let us go about our business.

Man in bar: Cause you got a gun?

Reggie: No, cause I have a gun and I'll pop a cap in your ass!
½ May 16, 2010
Yet another completely unnecessary sequel. There are some entertaining moments and more shattering of glass than I have ever seen in a movie. Apparently the special effects crew was obsessed with that. Eddie Murphy does so-so, both him and Nick Nolte look like they do not want to be doing the movie.