—— The Identical Sep 05

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Another Cinderella Story Reviews

Christian C

July 21, 2014
One would think that a casting director for a film about dancing might want to hire actors who could act and dance. Not so, in this flimsy, straight-to-video dud. Although Jane Lynch has some enjoyable moments as the wicked stepmother, there's almost nothing recognizably "Cinderella" about this bit of teenage cotton candy. The story is thin and the characters far to shallow to maintain any interest. The film could have easily been entitled "Another Sleeping Beauty Story" because it will almost certainly put the audience into a deep, long snooze.
Nicki M

August 16, 2008
Cute enough movie. Would probably go down well with tweens and young teen girls. I have to say i preferred the first one with Hillary Duff and Jennifer Coolidge. This is more of a dance movie.
The mainly younger cast is appealing enough, though I don't recognize any of them. I think I am a bit too old for this stuff, quite honestly. It is probably about time.
But anyhow sweet enough film for young audience.
Alice S

July 20, 2009
I'm glad that this Cinderella story is also a socioeconomic dance movie and not just a re-imagined fairy tale, but I'm also disappointed because the two genres aren't meshed into a cohesive plotline. First half is Cinderella, second half is dance. It's a shame that the editing barely camouflages Selena's incredibly obvious dance-double (even in some of the hip hop dances), and even more of a shame that she needed one, considering that she is easily the best actress in the Disney princess pool right now. She can move, and I would have liked to see her tackle the tango and aerials. ...And it's also a shame that I have so much of an opinion on this fluff fest.
Dannielle A

September 13, 2011
It was cute but i feel like i was watching a rehashing of the origial cinderella story.
weelee18
weelee18

March 12, 2009
it was ok..
Marion R

January 20, 2009
I liked it, this better than A Cinderella Story. It's was a cute film.
chenoajordan
December 29, 2013
I feel that this movie shows that you can find love in the most unlikely of places, and that to me is a good message. Don't look for love, let it fall on top of you... twice.
MovieGuruDude72
April 20, 2013
Ok, I was bored, stuck in a hospital waiting room, tired, and cranky so I had no choice but to watch this. I may be a jerk when talking cinema but one thing I wont do is piss off an entire waiting room of sycophants who are watching this because their children turn 14 shades of purple if they dont get to watch their Disney movies. I did hold out hope for 20 seconds that we'd see Ms. Gomez in a swimsuit or in a compromising position, but then I remembered that Spring Breakers was the movie I needed to see for that. Anyhoo, the only decent and tolerable part of this idiot drek was Jane Lynch playing the evil stepmother. She's funny, that's all there is to it. If they would have taken Gomez out and changed the Cinderella story to "The Evil Stepmother" then this would have been a great movie. But no, this was awful. I was really, really, REALLY glad I was finally admitted to see the doctor so I could forget about even laying eyes on this stupid garbage while induced into a drug-filled haze.
Hamee
April 21, 2008
This movie was adorable and ridiculous from the beginning to the end. It was a great twist on the classic Cinderella story and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
popcardinals11
November 22, 2011
I love this movie and i Love Sel!! This is freakin gorgeous and very talented! This is a great movie and Drew Seeley is fun to look at!!!;)
selenagomezreal
April 5, 2011
Hey!
I was in this movie! I liked making it but I don't know if you will!
Please give it a go.

Selly
gwynfallan
January 20, 2009
An hour of "A Cinderella Story" and an hour of "Step Up" mashed into one story. It feels like a rehash of better plots and characters, with 'insert young, hot Disney star here' in the lead. The leads and best friends were the only good things about the movie, most everyone else was horrible, miscast, AND not given anything to work with.
SMNI
August 28, 2009
I loved this movie it was very funny and dramatic, I love the romance and the dancing. I love the singing more then anything else
movieloverforlife
August 24, 2010
Really cute. Love Selena Gomez. She really has true talent. Love the chemistry between Selena and Drew. The story has been done a million times, but it's always sweet to see it again.
moviemaniacgirl
moviemaniacgirl

June 24, 2010
The story of a "Cinderella" is overused. Selena Gomez, though a budding young actresses, should not have attempted any Cinderella remake. The story is easily called, and should not have been made.
July 27, 2008
i surprisingly really liked this movie! it wasn't as good as the original with hilary duff but it wasn't crappy like i had expected. i don't like drew seely though.
BigTimeRush
November 10, 2009
This is THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it! Drew Seeley is in it and he is SO hot! Not as hot as Steve Rushton, but!
hnw1997
October 4, 2009
It's Not that bad I kinda Liked it! it was funny in someways and me and my little sister watched it over and over..
munger152
August 23, 2009
It was okay. I thought it was a better version than the Hilary Duff one. But it was totally typical.
princessangelicagodd
August 20, 2009
A cinderella story was much better than this one i have to say. This one is better though for the younger generations for it has more of the modern atmosphere than A Cinderella Story.