Another You Reviews

½ May 5, 2011
Sempre gostei dos filmes da dupla Wilder e Pryor. Este último filme dos dois juntos, entretanto, para mim, não (C) o melhor. Decepcionante e mal escrito.
September 9, 2009
Not a great film, Wilder and Pryor's least funny collaboration. Pryor looks ill and there isn't enough of them on screen together. You forgive it though because they are both as watchable as they are likable.
July 6, 2010
Another You is not another good movie with Wilder and Pryor. It is rather a bit of a disappointment, but fun enough to see the cast had a fun time making it.
Mercedes Ruehl as Elaine/Mimi Kravitz and Gene Wilder as George/Abe Fielding worked so well together you would think they would have done another movie.
Richard Pryor as Eddie Dash does not give his 110% in this film, but knowing that this was his last with Wilder, you know they both had fun making it.
½ April 1, 2015
Why Richard and Gene....why?
March 26, 2012
You can blame it on Pryor's illness, but 'Another You' would have stunk even when these guys were in their prime. Even during that period, Pryor/Wilder, as a duo, only had enough material to make, at best, a decent movie.

This isn't that movie.
½ May 5, 2011
February 25, 2011
I love this movie watched it several times I know it isn't these guys best performance but I will still watch it again.
½ January 1, 2011
This was not how I wanted to see it end...
½ August 14, 2010
I'll make this short but sweet. I really don't see the problem people have with this film. Does it stand up to Silver Streak or See No Evil, Hear No Evil? No.

But, it is still rather funny. Both men still have it, comedy wise, in "Another You", and while the story certainly could have been better, to get a 13% is pretty abysmal. The movie started off very strong, and while the plot fizzled out just a bit near the end, at no point during the film did it fail to keep my attention. It started off incredibly funny in parts, and remained reasonably funny throughout.

Final verdict, an uneven movie, for sure. But still very good, I thought. And considering it was the last starring role that either man decided to take (Pryor because of his health, Wilder for his own reasons), I'd say it deserves more respect at least for that. Two comic geniuses, and two marvelous actors besides, in their one last hurrah.

It's a good movie. If you haven't seen it, give it a fair shake.
½ July 9, 2010
The tomatometer for this film is one of those reasons I hate professional movie critics...could they be more out of touch with joe-average than this?

If I had to say which of the comedic geniuses we were the worse for having lost I think my head would explode before I could come up with an answer...if you have never seen this or any of their other joint ventures, do so as soon as possible...