Another You - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Another You Reviews

½ May 5, 2011
Sempre gostei dos filmes da dupla Wilder e Pryor. Este último filme dos dois juntos, entretanto, para mim, não (C) o melhor. Decepcionante e mal escrito.
July 16, 2015
Final acting appearance of two of hollywoods most legendary actors Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder is good, not great. Ages 13+
½ April 4, 2015
4/4/2015: It was better than I expected, making it ok. There were a few funny moments and live the actors.
March 26, 2012
You can blame it on Pryor's illness, but 'Another You' would have stunk even when these guys were in their prime. Even during that period, Pryor/Wilder, as a duo, only had enough material to make, at best, a decent movie.

This isn't that movie.
½ August 14, 2010
I'll make this short but sweet. I really don't see the problem people have with this film. Does it stand up to Silver Streak or See No Evil, Hear No Evil? No.

But, it is still rather funny. Both men still have it, comedy wise, in "Another You", and while the story certainly could have been better, to get a 13% is pretty abysmal. The movie started off very strong, and while the plot fizzled out just a bit near the end, at no point during the film did it fail to keep my attention. It started off incredibly funny in parts, and remained reasonably funny throughout.

Final verdict, an uneven movie, for sure. But still very good, I thought. And considering it was the last starring role that either man decided to take (Pryor because of his health, Wilder for his own reasons), I'd say it deserves more respect at least for that. Two comic geniuses, and two marvelous actors besides, in their one last hurrah.

It's a good movie. If you haven't seen it, give it a fair shake.
½ July 9, 2010
The tomatometer for this film is one of those reasons I hate professional movie critics...could they be more out of touch with joe-average than this?

If I had to say which of the comedic geniuses we were the worse for having lost I think my head would explode before I could come up with an answer...if you have never seen this or any of their other joint ventures, do so as soon as possible...
July 6, 2010
Another You is not another good movie with Wilder and Pryor. It is rather a bit of a disappointment, but fun enough to see the cast had a fun time making it.
Mercedes Ruehl as Elaine/Mimi Kravitz and Gene Wilder as George/Abe Fielding worked so well together you would think they would have done another movie.
Richard Pryor as Eddie Dash does not give his 110% in this film, but knowing that this was his last with Wilder, you know they both had fun making it.
½ September 21, 2009
A very strange comedy about a con-artist and a compulsive liar who are struggling to do the right thing. This film's pretty funny, but I can't help but feel sad about how run-down Richard Pryor looks throughout the whole thing. It his last major role on film, and it tells.
May 9, 2016
Richard Pryor & Gene Wilder have to be the funniest duo in movie history??
October 22, 2015
Sucks like a black hole.
July 16, 2015
½ April 4, 2015
½ April 1, 2015
Why Richard and Gene....why?
February 7, 2015
How bad was the movie? It made Gene Wilder quit show business.

Still even though Pryor is stiff and Gene overcompensating I can't help but enjoy seeing them both onscreen one last time
½ November 18, 2013
Another You was, for lack of a better word, too poorly directed and constructed to fit the context of being a comedy.
Or at least being a good one, it didn't make any sense and it was confusing. It's characters were excessively strange and the plot dynamics were too senseless. There was no plot structure, there was nothing sufficient enough to connect each scene to the next one. Really, Another You is the dumbest visual experience I've seen in a long time, and for a comedy I never laughed. I didn't smile. I merely felt sorry to see the Academy Award nominated actor who portrayed Willy Wonka suffer on screen, with the only benefit being his and Richard Pryor's screen presence and their chemistry. Aside from that Gene Wilder basically just suffers in Another You.
I couldn't even figure out why anybody called it Another You, because actually it was just a waste of storytelling which didn't have any real appropriate reason about why it was titled Another You. There isn't really anything all that appropriate about Another You, and it plays on stretching a script which has no sign of existence to all the jokes that it's lead actors can convey, none of which I found to be successful or acceptable.
Another You even downplays Richard Pryor's comedic talents and makes him a half assed version of his own personal comedic stereotype, and it makes his attempts to reconnect with that stereotype a load of pathetic failures, while Gene Wilder just plays off a mix of being mentally disabled and the discarded remnants of his Willy Wonka persona.

Really, Another You isn't funny and doesn't make sense. The rest is just the rotten cherry on top.
½ July 21, 2010
The last of the Pryor/Wilder films and quite honestly they are a forgotten comedy team. This effort however doesn't really do much to prove that. Pryor is clearly looking like a much frailer version of himself and its actually Wilder who does the bulk of the heavy lifting here. If anything, its a shame that this was one of his last cinematic efforts as he is genuinely likeable on screen. All in all its nothing spectacular, but it does have me intrigued to go back and watch Silver Streak which I've never seen.
½ November 1, 2012
that was a funny movie
October 14, 2012
2 actors that have always made me laugh and when they are in a movie together you always get twice the fun.

This was the last movie they were in as a double act but it's a fine movie for them to finish such a great screen partnership.

Richard Pryor was really showing sings of being ill here but he is still as funny as ever.

The last few moments are really touching and a fine way to end the movie.
½ June 9, 2012
Not the best Pryor/Wilder team up but still has a few laughs...
March 26, 2012