Answers to Nothing Reviews

January 11, 2015
I call these "crash" movies. as far as ensemble pieces with converging and hopefully surprising storylines go, this is a good one, although plodding at times and perhaps a little preachy
½ September 28, 2013
Nearly a dozen random themes and characters have been Scotch-taped together into a single mess.
½ August 1, 2013
Answers to Nothing is an extremely good independent drama that is very dark and very sad at times but has very good performances from every one in the film and it is very entertaining.
December 1, 2011
0% of citics liked it. Well, that sets the expectations right. Still want to see it. The trailer seduced me.
½ July 24, 2013
Meh. I can be a true fan of the ensemble story genre but this one is just meh. I think bottom line is that Dane Cook just has not reached the status many thought he might and the movies he is in reflect that level. Not saying it is him but might just be everything around him. This one barely held our attention away from the other electronics laying nearby.
Harlequin68
½ April 23, 2013
While Kate(Elizabeth Mitchell) waits patiently in a gynecologist's office for her husband Ryan(Dane Cook), he is having sex with Tara(Aja Volkman), a young singer. Well, at least he manages to get a sperm sample. It is a good thing then that Kate has friends like Frankie(Julie Benz) who is heading the investigation behind the disappearance of a little girl where her chief suspect, Beckworth(Gerg Germann), makes the highly questionable and dangerous decision of flirting with her during on an interrogation. Professionally, Kate is a lawyer defending Drew's(Miranda Bailey) right to keep custody of Erik(Vincent Ventresca), her vegetative brother.

Like any genre, that of interrelated stories can never be considered completely dead, no matter the harm done to it by mediocre movies like "Answers to Nothing" with has little in the way of a message or any recognizable human behavior.(No wonder Allegra(Kali Hawk) hates everything except for dogs.) Yes, there is the admittedly geekly thrill of seeing Elizabeth Mitchell and Julie Benz having a drink together but that's pretty much it. And while Mitchell is the best thing going in this terribly self-conscious mess, she is also distressingly given little to do.
February 12, 2013
Answers to Nothing is so many things in one but most of all it is a roller coaster of emotions. As a vignette film it spends just enough time on each character so that you still get to know what is going on in each situation. Not too much time is spent so you forget the rest of the characters, and it is all interconnected in some way. This feature of the film shows how small the world really is. Deep and poignant, each character is looking for something to fill the void that was left in their lives, like many peoples lives today. Dane Cook does an amazing job at something we aren't all used to normally seeing him do. The dialogue and some stories are charming and heartbreaking. The characters are each trying so hard for something that is wanted so badly in each of their lives and seeking to overcome those obstacles. Answers to Nothing is a film about the fragility of life and relationships. I would recommend this film to anyone who wants a film to make them feel, Answers to Nothing is one for you.
January 21, 2012
The movie had a lot of potential. I knew it was a smaller budget film, so I wasn't expecting greatness, but with the cast that it had I knew that would at least be one redeeming factor. Other than the cast though, the movie wasn't that amazing. They stories were a little bland.
January 12, 2013
...the title says it all...
November 11, 2012
Great movie, showing people going through the trials and tribulations of life.
½ October 3, 2012
With Dane Cook and Julie Benz this film may seem like low budget attempt at a Crash ripoff but to much surprise Answers to nothing is more of a great drama fill with love, heart and family drama surely will draw you if you give it a chance
SC007
October 2, 2012
This film took my by surprise. It is very good. It reminded me a lot of movies like Crash and Magnolia. One thing that I liked about it, was that this film didn't have big stars in the film. I liked the casting in this film. Everyone shines, especially Elizabeth Mitchell. I definitely recommend this film.
September 30, 2012
Not good. A jumbled mess of unlikeable, apathetic and pathetic types.
August 26, 2012
Terrible Movie lost 2 hours and 3 minutes of my life to this Garbage
August 17, 2012
Goose egg. It's difficult to like a movie when you dislike all the principal characters.
½ August 11, 2012
The movie critics have judged this movie a little to harsh. Sure it is a Crash wanna-a-be but it was a good movie. Cook is not a believable actor but this movie pulled it together with a good cast. Definitely worth checking out.
½ August 6, 2012
Kind of like "Crash." Not as good, but not bad. Certainly not as bad as the critics say it is. Perhaps a bit slow but not boring. Great performances. The perfect movie if you wish to feel more depressed about life .. hehe.
½ July 30, 2012
Appropriate title, but left me with SO many questions... (C)
½ July 4, 2012
This movie absolutely and without a doubt sucked fucking ass. Don't waste your time on this horrible piece of monkey shit.
½ April 19, 2012
Seriously? This movie sucked. The trailer looked good, the storyline on the DVD case looked good, but everything else blew ass. Don't waste your time.