• R, 1 hr. 37 min.

48% Turn: Season 1
100% Veep: Season 3

Any Day Now Reviews

March 17, 2014
In 1979 a teenage boy with down syndrome, named Marco, is left alone after his neglectful mother is incarcerated on drug and prostitution charges. That night his neighbour, a young gay man named Rudy takes him into his home. The following day Marco is forced into the foster system. Rudy, feeling compassion for Marco, decides to fight for temporary custody of the boy. Marcos' life improves dramatically whilst in the care of Rudy and his partner, a Defence Attorney named Paul. When their homosexual lifestyle is finally discovered, Marco is taken from their care which begins a long and arduous battle with the bigoted and prejudiced 1970's American legal system to fight for full permanent custody.
While this is a fictitious story, it is inspired by the true events that many in the LGBT community have endured. This story was compelling and moving and also downright shocking. Alan Cumming was amazing in his role as Rudy but the real props go to Isaac Leyva who played Marco. His emotion, his light and his very being was put into his role and it shows.

It may not be your typical blockbuster and therefor not on your radar, but it should be! This independent film brings to light the harsh realities of the American, and in turn any first world, legal system and as Garret Dillahunt's character Paul says "There is no justice in the justice system".

Any Day Now was released on April 10th in selected theatres.
April 16, 2014
Looks heart a breaker
April 12, 2014
This is such a powerful movie and I am in awe of not ony Alan Cumming but Garrett Dillahunt as well. You cannot help but be moved by the struggle these men face in the 1970s as gay men attempting to make a better life for a young man with down syndrome.
April 7, 2014
Alan Cumming's gives a stand out performance in this heart rending true tale of love, home, family and the struggle for the right to live as any other family or person.
March 10, 2014
I didn't know it was a true story but I had that feeling throughout the whole movie. It was both sad and inspiring. The characters were so brave for the era; 70's, must be so hard being different then, not that it's a piece of cake now. The ending was devastating.
November 16, 2012
Phenomenal movie, incredible acting performances and a true story that is more powerful than fiction could ever be. Alan Cummings is amazing and Isaac Leyva will steal your heart. This one is well worth seeing!
Sonja B.
February 10, 2014
I was lucky enough to see this film while I was on holiday in Arizona and attended some screenings at The Sedona Film Festival. I didn't know anything about the film but have always been a fan of Cumming so chose this as one of the films to see. I wasn't disappointed, in fact I think it's fair to say this film completely blew me away and I left the cinema a bit of an emotional wreck! Some of the plot points at times may feel a bit rushed or contrived but if you just go with it you can enjoy a really beautiful, moving human drama. That's exactly what I chose to do and moved I was! The performances from all the cast are top notch, but Alan Cumming really is outstanding. I've never seen him better. It's really nicely shot and scored. The costumes and hair (!)are bang on period and the film flows seamlessly from beginning to the shocking end, which I had not anticipated and left me reeling! Would I recommend this film, in a word YES!
mark d.
January 31, 2014
Chicago International Film Festival 2012 - Audience Choice Award for Best Narrative Feature
Seattle International Film Festival 2012 - Best Actor Award, Alan Cumming
Provincetown International Film Festival 2012 - Audience Award
Woodstock Film Festival 2012 - Audience Award
GLAAD Media Award 2012 - Best Film in Limited Release
June 6, 2013
I am so glad I found this movie and watched it. This was not what I was expecting.
January 12, 2014
This movie was so beautiful and very heartbreaking. Not many movies can move me to tears. I just think this movie proves is that anyone can a parent a child, as long as they give the attention, support, and love the child needs, it doesn't matter who they are.
June 2, 2012
was a very good movie!
Victoria N.
January 3, 2014
Heartbreaking, shocking and touching.
December 22, 2013
???????? ???????????????? ?????? ??? ???? ???????????????????
????????????????????????? ????????????? ?????????????????
??????????????????????? ??????
???????????? ???????? ??????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????
????????????????? ????????????? ???????????? ??????????????...
December 16, 2013
Uma paixão a 1a vista une uma drag queen a um advogado divorciado. O carinho e solidariedade inspiram a adoção de um menino com síndrome de down abandonado pela mãe viciada em drogas. Uma batalha nos tribunais para construir uma família incomum enfrentando o preconceito com muito carinho e determinação. Um ator (Alan Cumming) numa atuação memorável !!! Um filme excelente !!!
December 2, 2013
Cumming is AMAZING. and this sad story will touch you.
April 10, 2013
a wonderful and heartbreaking story.
October 20, 2013
An Amazing film and one of the best this year. Bot Cummings and Dillahunt were excellant. Dillahunt could get an oscar nomination - he deserves it.
Gives you something to really think about and is so relevant to day when you thinkof Baby P and all the other tragic cases that happen
October 14, 2013
A movie gorgeously blinds melancholy with optimism. Without any clue of how it will end, you "experience" along with the characters, fluctuate along with the plot.
Downplay any empathy or life pain is what provides the film with aftertaste and plumps the overall film.
October 4, 2013
Extraordinary and touching movie. Seems like we still have ways to go to curb bigotry.
Fantastic actors. Great story.
October 4, 2013
Alan Cummings trying to be a gutsy Sally Fields didn´t work for me. Story of a gay couple who foster a downs boy in the 1970s. It is about their fight to adopt the boy after he has been taken off them.