Any Which Way You Can Reviews

December 6, 2012
A laugh-out-loud great time. An endlessly hilarious and action-packed movie that's more fun than the original film. Clint and Clyde are back and delivering the laughs and heart that you love. Their isn't no other way but the fun way with this movie. It gets better every time i watch it. A wacky, wild and dazzlingly funny movie.
Directors Cat
½ November 13, 2011
Clint Eastwood still acts wonderfully and the film has slightly better pacing than its predecessor but ultimately the jokes are tired and resultingly the film is any which way but good.
½ February 15, 2011
Interesting how a film can average 3 stars on Flixster, but 4.5 on Netflix. I agree more with the latter. I have no shame telling anyone that Clint's my favorite actor of all time, and this is yet another one that rocks (all of them do to me, though, whether he acts, directs, or both). I found "Any Which Way You Can" to have a good bit of humor, nice fighting scenes, good music that fits the western theme, and the ape doesn't bother me at all. I found the ape to add more to this film than it did in the original ("Right turn, Clyde" *punch!*). Oh yeah, brownie points for much of it being shot in Jackson, Wyoming, which I visited in '09 (I remember that elk horn arch!). And it was made right after I was born - that's also an extra cool factor. I loved it.
½ December 6, 2006
Philo Beddoe: Right turn, Clyde.

Somehow, the sequel to Clint Eastwood's Orangutan buddy comedy is actually better than the first. There is more fun to be had amidst the continual strange premise of Eastwood playing a mechanic/bare knuckle boxer who rides around with his pal Orville and his Orangutan buddy Clyde. There really isn't much more I want to go into about this unlikely franchise, but suffice it to say that it provided a lot of good laughs.

Lynn Halsey-Taylor: What are you gonna do with them?
Philo Beddoe: We can't leave 'em here. Dogs'll come along and piss on 'em. Ain't fair to the dogs.
September 30, 2009
A pointless but welcome follow up. Left turn Clyde!
March 12, 2008
A glorified remake of its predecessor with Clint Eastwood still kicking ass for money, Clyde drinking beer and mating with zoo inmates and a sex scene featuring Anne "Mrs. Fratelli" Ramsey. Top that off with Glen Campbell and you get another red neck classic that ranks up there with any of the crap Burt Reynolds was doing in this era. Hey, it's still better than Fire Fox.
June 19, 2007
A good if slighty odd comedy film about bare knuckle fights. Has some hilarious moments largely thanks to Clyde the Orangutan!
garyX
December 23, 2006
More witless ape-related redneckery from a true star who should've known better.
½ November 9, 2006
Not as good as the first but they knew when to cash in their chips.
deano
½ October 29, 2006
Clint and Clyde strike back again and great final showdown.
June 26, 2008
I loved these movies growing up as a kid, now im all grown i make the wife watch them with me when they come on much to her dismay hehe
½ May 24, 2007
Better than the first one.
chadroesti
March 12, 2007
Right Turn Clyde
½ April 4, 2013
The epic conclusion to a film that could have gone better, "Any Which Way" provides more lovable characters, fun laughs, more battles and brawls and a story that provided for a more thoroughly entertaining experience for everyone.
November 21, 2011
Definitely one of the worst comedies I've ever seen in my life. Never has a gimmicky premise fall so flat, and so quickly than "Any Which Way You Can". The writing is literally all over the place. Characters and plotlines come in and out of nowhere and thrown in just for comedic effect. The "romance" between Eastwood and Sandra Locke was absolutely undeveloped and many gags just come off as unrealistic and random. The key to writing an outrageous unrealistic comedy is to weave it in a believable world that's similar if not identical to our own. This movie throws that rule out and with it the audience.
April 3, 2009
sequel to 1978 "every which way but loose" in 2 years. clint eastwood return reprise as philo beddoe who retired fighter but he continues return to the fighter. orangutan named clyde are return again (but different orangutan from the first one) and still starring return with geoffrey lewis and sondra lock... and with 'black window' again but the funniest with the wigs lol. lol nice movie "10" with bo derek turn face to ma (ruth gordon).
½ November 12, 2008
Not as good as the original, but good enough. The leading lady and love interest is a frustrating character and difficult to tolerate but it's Eastwood comedy just like the first one. You can't help but laugh.
October 7, 2008
This is a fun sequel to "Any Which Way..." Has some very funny momments. Great story, fun lines, and lots of good fight scenes.
July 7, 2008
In this sequel to the successful original, Eastwood and his urangutan return, and he gets a new girl, and roughs up some bad guys, but it's not as much fun for a second helping.
September 21, 2006
Right Turn Clyde. I love these 2 movies, along with Every Which Way But Loose, they are classic romps. Bar room fighting, country music, truck driving, feuds with bikers, just a roller coaster of fun.