Any Which Way You Can - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Any Which Way You Can Reviews

December 6, 2012
A laugh-out-loud great time. An endlessly hilarious and action-packed movie that's more fun than the original film. Clint and Clyde are back and delivering the laughs and heart that you love. Their isn't no other way but the fun way with this movie. It gets better every time i watch it. A wacky, wild and dazzlingly funny movie.
Directors Cat
½ November 13, 2011
Clint Eastwood still acts wonderfully and the film has slightly better pacing than its predecessor but ultimately the jokes are tired and resultingly the film is any which way but good.
½ February 15, 2011
Interesting how a film can average 3 stars on Flixster, but 4.5 on Netflix. I agree more with the latter. I have no shame telling anyone that Clint's my favorite actor of all time, and this is yet another one that rocks (all of them do to me, though, whether he acts, directs, or both). I found "Any Which Way You Can" to have a good bit of humor, nice fighting scenes, good music that fits the western theme, and the ape doesn't bother me at all. I found the ape to add more to this film than it did in the original ("Right turn, Clyde" *punch!*). Oh yeah, brownie points for much of it being shot in Jackson, Wyoming, which I visited in '09 (I remember that elk horn arch!). And it was made right after I was born - that's also an extra cool factor. I loved it.
½ December 6, 2006
Philo Beddoe: Right turn, Clyde.

Somehow, the sequel to Clint Eastwood's Orangutan buddy comedy is actually better than the first. There is more fun to be had amidst the continual strange premise of Eastwood playing a mechanic/bare knuckle boxer who rides around with his pal Orville and his Orangutan buddy Clyde. There really isn't much more I want to go into about this unlikely franchise, but suffice it to say that it provided a lot of good laughs.

Lynn Halsey-Taylor: What are you gonna do with them?
Philo Beddoe: We can't leave 'em here. Dogs'll come along and piss on 'em. Ain't fair to the dogs.
March 12, 2008
A glorified remake of its predecessor with Clint Eastwood still kicking ass for money, Clyde drinking beer and mating with zoo inmates and a sex scene featuring Anne "Mrs. Fratelli" Ramsey. Top that off with Glen Campbell and you get another red neck classic that ranks up there with any of the crap Burt Reynolds was doing in this era. Hey, it's still better than Fire Fox.
June 19, 2007
A good if slighty odd comedy film about bare knuckle fights. Has some hilarious moments largely thanks to Clyde the Orangutan!
garyX
December 23, 2006
More witless ape-related redneckery from a true star who should've known better.
½ November 9, 2006
Not as good as the first but they knew when to cash in their chips.
deano
½ October 29, 2006
Clint and Clyde strike back again and great final showdown.
June 26, 2008
I loved these movies growing up as a kid, now im all grown i make the wife watch them with me when they come on much to her dismay hehe
½ May 24, 2007
Better than the first one.
chadroesti
March 12, 2007
Right Turn Clyde
June 16, 2012
Its a OK movie not as good as the first. The Monkey has more camera time in this movie and the Singer chick comes back after everything that hapened in the first movie.But the end fight is pretty cool.
November 9, 2014
***Due to the recent RT changes that have basically ruined my past reviews, I mostly only giving a rating rather than a full review.***
½ April 4, 2013
The epic conclusion to a film that could have gone better, "Any Which Way" provides more lovable characters, fun laughs, more battles and brawls and a story that provided for a more thoroughly entertaining experience for everyone.
January 9, 2013
The sequel to the originally popular offbeat comedy with Clint Eastwood. Like the first one, this is not a classic film. It is a slow paced, thin plot film playing as much music as it can throughout the film. It is infused with country songs and themes and is not meant to be an edge of your seat film, but a film you sit back on a lazy day and let it roll. The humor is more low brow than the first one. I might even describe this as a collection of SNL type skits. The fights are not realistic, but the audience's penchant for street fights make the film a macho fantasy. Again, if you enjoy Eastwood's tough as nails characters, he holds the film together. Otherwise, there is no other reason to look up this film. In this sequel, some wanna be mafia leader wants to set up a fight that gets him noticed and they find Philo to set up the fight. When Philo backs out, the mafia steps it up to make sure he shows up. The humor continues with the orangutan's antiques, the mother's cantankerous personality, the wanna be motorcycle gang and inept mafia group. The final fight sequence sets up for a classic Eastwood scene. The film is an exercise in satire or a celebration of society's view of what it means to be an alpha male, the top dog, where toughness and violence determine the standard. Again, it is a piece that reminds the viewer of times past and cannot transcend its origins.
½ May 24, 2012
This is easily the worst movie of Clint Eastwood's career. It is a sequel to Every Which Was But Loose, for some reason Clint's highest grossing movie. In short these are movies about a guy who fights and own a orangoutang. Yeah, even if you like monkeys, (who doesn't) don't bother with this mess.
May 19, 2012
After the surprise smash hit of the original Clint & Clyde are back for what is a straight continuation of the original. Every element is back and is all the better for it. One of the only actual improvements is that this time they saw fit to have Clyde do a lot more and become a real character rather than a curio. Overall if you liked the original there is nothing to distract you here but equally unimpressive if you didn't.
½ March 27, 2008
Let's just say Eastwood provided one of the most choreographed fight scenes I have ever seen it was so akward that it had me shaking my head at some of the punches that were being thrown. Even as bad as the fights were the comedy was good enough to keep you interested in the thin plot. Plus the orangurtan was funny as could be. You just couldn't help but chuckle everytime he was on camera. A decent way to waste two hours of daytime.
November 21, 2011
Definitely one of the worst comedies I've ever seen in my life. Never has a gimmicky premise fall so flat, and so quickly than "Any Which Way You Can". The writing is literally all over the place. Characters and plotlines come in and out of nowhere and thrown in just for comedic effect. The "romance" between Eastwood and Sandra Locke was absolutely undeveloped and many gags just come off as unrealistic and random. The key to writing an outrageous unrealistic comedy is to weave it in a believable world that's similar if not identical to our own. This movie throws that rule out and with it the audience.