Apocalypse Now vs Saving Private Ryan

Believe it or not,I actually like Private Ryan more than this.Just a little bit more.I got Redux and they say the original is better so gotta see if I can get one.Maybe cause I'm biased towards Spielberg a little bit.Apocalypse Now is more artistic but less enjoyable.
Gimhana Fernando
11-26-2012 03:01 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

BobHarris

Rich Aurillia

AP, although Ryan has maybe the most horrific war violence.

Oct 9 - 08:25 AM

Marco Chaudry

Marco Chaudry

Saving Private Ryan shows the horrors of war while Apocalypse Now is a more professional characterized portrayal of the effects war has on soldiers. They're equally good.

Mar 26 - 10:32 PM

Gimhana Fernando

Gimhana Fernando

Not all American soldiers are respectable.And yes,WAR IS BAD!!!If you think differently,go fight in one.
Besides,as a statement of war,Apocalypse Now is God awful.It's value lies in it's representation of madness and insight into human psychology .
As for memorability,there is no scene in AN that matches the D-Day ambush at the beach.

Feb 8 - 06:32 AM

WS S.

WS Shannon

Saving Private Ryan does make war look horrible and are not afraid to make American soldiers look despicable rather than respectable. But Apocalypse Now does the anti-war theme so much more subtlety and memorably. That scene where Kurtz recounts the moment he became 'insane' really haunted me, and changed my outlook on his view of life. It didn't have any obvious and cheesy 'war is bad!' crap like most war films, and instead decided to use a more implied method of why war was bad.

Jan 23 - 07:10 AM

BobHarris

Rich Aurillia

apocalypse now

Jan 19 - 08:54 AM

williamstormer95

William Costigan

Saving Private Ryan is better.

Jan 5 - 03:14 PM

ThoroughlyEntertainOrDie

Thoroughly Entertain Me Or Die

What is SO special about Apocalypse Now? It's 4 hours of literally blank scenes. Nothing even happens. Not even the so-called "apocalypse" the title talks about. Bull shit movie. What movie did YOU see? Cuz this movie sucks balls real hard.

Jan 3 - 10:31 AM

Zane B

Chum Chum

^Fucking child

Feb 17 - 11:11 PM

David Lo Pan

EntertainMeOrDie .

No, you.

May 9 - 09:43 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Retard

Mar 1 - 04:14 PM

David Lo Pan

EntertainMeOrDie .

No, you.

May 9 - 09:43 AM

Alex A.

Alex Anonymous

It's more about psychology and the mentality of war. And for it's time what they did with the action and the insanity sequences were just stunning. That's just me, though.

Jun 2 - 05:58 AM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

Liar. This movie is shit and you know it. So stop lying to yourself and to everyone else, and stop sucking Coppola's tiny italian dick.

Jun 7 - 10:00 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

What do you have against opinions, Fuck Me In The Ass Or Die? better yet, if you don't like opinions, then why are you here?

Jun 18 - 01:49 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Entertain Me Or TIE

I never said I was against opinions. Stop shoving words in my mouth... but most importantly stop trying to your put your dick in my mouth you gay buttfucker.

Jul 8 - 07:52 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

You just disrespected Alex's opinion, you dumbfuck.

Sep 5 - 08:47 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Entertain Me Or TIE

LOL

Sep 9 - 09:39 AM

Nick Lafleur

Nick Lafleur

2.5 is the new 4!

Jul 29 - 05:19 PM

Robbie Obrien

Robbie Obrien

Saving Private Ryan for me.

Jan 2 - 07:45 AM

Greg Dinskisk

Greg Dinskisk

That's probably true. I think that Apocalypse Now is the better movie, overall, though. It's not enjoyable at all, one of its strongest points.

Dec 4 - 08:31 PM

Find us on:                 
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile