RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: A New Apocalypse Now Blu-Ray and Predators

Summary

This week on home video, we're lucky to get another great selection of titles to share with you. While the new releases - which include an action/horror reboot and a Certified Fresh indie - are relatively decent, the real treasures are to be found in the Blu-Ray reissues of some well-liked films and bona fide classics. We've got masterpieces from Hitchcock, Kurosawa, and Coppola, a little something for the midnight screening cult classic crowd, and a few modern favorites to round out the bunch. Peep it, yo. Back to Article

Comments

Matt J.

Matt Jordan

Good week

Oct 19 - 05:40 AM

CFM

'schak Attack

Yeah, Ellen Page. Are you mad??? What's the matter wit you, eh?

lol

Oct 19 - 08:30 AM

CFM

'schak Attack

Stop writing. Go get *Apocalypse* Now, right *now*.

Oct 19 - 08:33 AM

CFM

'schak Attack

Methinks Psycho was very good for its time.

Oct 19 - 08:34 AM

nate2709

Nate 2709

or any time for that matter.

Oct 19 - 10:14 AM

misterkyle1901

kyle T

Seven Samurai is the best movie I've ever seen. Just sayin.

Oct 19 - 09:21 AM

nate2709

Nate 2709

and Moulin Rouge too! Pretty solid release week.

Oct 19 - 10:12 AM

August M.

Agustin Macias

I'm not interested in that. Sorry.

Oct 19 - 06:59 PM

nate2709

Nate 2709

or any time for that matter.

Oct 19 - 10:14 AM

Dave J

Dave J

Apocalypse Now and Seven Samurai for a decent price that is!

Oct 19 - 11:56 AM

doomzdavo

Doomz Davo

damn everybody just jumped on ellen page. oh wait its just an ellen page is my architect. are you a dude. cuz havin the pic makes me automatically think your a chick, but then i see the is my architect at the end. i haven't been this confused since katebeckinsalelover last commented. anyways. peace bitches!

Oct 19 - 12:26 PM

Alexson Philip

Alexson Philipiah

I think converting the old harry potter films now, is pretty dumb. I have the whole set so far, and I wouldn't really buy it again to see it in bluray and 3-d. In my opinion, Harry Potter should be watched in glorious 2-D, as harry potter, is watched for the amazing complex and dark story, the acting, the cinematography, and yes the awesome special effects. Also, did anyone notice that last years "A CHRISTMAS CAROL" just came out in theatres then vanished the next second after it was a box office hit and then we never heard of it again. Like it never came out on DVD or BLURAY, while films like IRON MAN 2 and others are coming out. is it normal for a film to be released a year after on DVD, especially if the film got mixed reviews and a good 100 million box office?

Oct 19 - 01:18 PM

waggaga1

noel noel

Apocalypse Nowwwwwww! :)

Oct 19 - 02:46 PM

Dave J

Dave J

This weeks list of movies is very diverse! And whenever people say this "I actually find this week fairly boring..." all it means is that they're extremely "young" meaning that sometimes it's best not to say anything at all!

Oct 19 - 03:21 PM

THEREWOLF

Markus Arbutina

Or maybe there simply not interested.

Oct 19 - 03:29 PM

Dave J

Dave J

Then they're not considered as movie "freaks" because this weeks list is a little diverse!

Oct 19 - 03:49 PM

Alex D.

Alex Damle

Just because you are young does not mean you don't appreciate good film. I am in High School and am looking to buy both Seven Samurai and Apocalypse Now at some point here. Although I don't have a BluRay, so neither of these will really help me...

But still young people can appreciate good film, even if most don't.

Oct 19 - 05:12 PM

Alex D.

Alex Damle

But still young people can appreciate good film, even if most don't.

Oct 19 - 05:13 PM

Alex D.

Alex Damle

But still young people can appreciate good film, even if most don't.

Oct 19 - 05:13 PM

Throw An Onion

Crornk Kaleidescope

Or maybe young people just don't have enough money to buy every classic film ever released. I realize the majority of you on this site are swimming in gold coin like Scrooge McDuck but don't be hatin' on us cheap youth. It's either Apocolypse Now or a college education. I like the smell of napalm as much as the next guy but times are tough and education trumps Coppola.

Oct 19 - 06:03 PM

Dave J

Dave J

Alex D

I was only talking about "EllenPageIsMyArchitect." for I wasn't talking aabout you. I was just sayin' that if I was "EllenPageIsMyArchitect." and felt like jotting this comment "I actually find this week fairly boring..." that it would've been better if nothing had been said at all since this weeks movies some are critically acclaimed and are so diverse!

Oct 20 - 01:50 PM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

See the final movie's trailer

Weekly Ketchup
Weekly Ketchup

Read the Comic-Con revelations

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships