Arctic Monkeys at the Apollo Reviews

July 11, 2012
An excellent performance.
½ February 2, 2011
Well shot and mixed. Best concert film I have seen in a while, and further drives home that British people are cooler than all of us.
November 6, 2010
A concert shot as a film. Arcitc Monkeys gives one of its best performances ever and Richard A. brings us one of the best concert films ever. The movie is edited by Nick Fenton, the same guy that edited those even better music films: Heima and All Tomorrow's Parties. Fantastic flick by director Rich and the Arctic Monkeys.
½ December 9, 2009
Being an Arctic Monkeys fan, I just had to watch this dvd. I'm happy with it, it has all the hits and they're performed well too. Camera men do their job and I like the screen slicing effect though it is very simple. Also, the end of A Certain Romance, where it shows us a few personal moments means we can identify more easily with the rock stars. It's comforting to know that they are human aswell. The only things I can complain about are, first of all, that it doesn't really give you the sensation that you are there. You know you are watching a DVD the whole time. Also, Arctic Monkeys sing all their songs the exact same way as they do on the cd, which is kind of against the point of a live performance. Apart from those two things, I enjoyed the dvd.