Argo

Argo

96%

Ben Affleck 100x better as a director than an actor

Gone Baby Gone ranks among one of the top child abduction movies. Not only did it keep you guessing; but the gritty, questionable protagonist, played with amazing truth by Amy Ryan, gave the movie remarkable originality.

The Town brought heart to the heist movie franchise. With super great chase scenes and that authentic Boston flavor.

And now Argo successfully manages to keep us glued to a plot in which we already know the outcome. The Hollywood element to this film is not only fascinating in it's actuality, but cleverly and very humorously pokes fun at the industry. Here's the trick- somehow the movie allow these scenes to be light and insider-ish, yet never takes away from the taunt tension and palpable anxiety when switching back to the scenes of the 6 American hostages.- Tinsel & Tine
Tinseltine
11-11-2012 02:04 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

pat

Pat S.

I agree as well.
I never cared much for his acting, but the films he directed so far are really good.

Feb 24 - 02:55 PM

Kevin DeLoughry

Kevin DeLoughry

oh definitely Le. He really needs to stick to his directing

Jan 26 - 12:20 PM

O. Ryan F.

O. Ryan Faust

Never cared for Affleck as an actor. His voice is just to squeaky and his acting a bit stiff. Ron Howard couldn't act either, but he's a fabulous director. I haven't seen anything Ben directed yet, but I'm going to see Argo today. With a 96% on RT, I'm looking forward to a good time. Here's hoping. . .

Jan 24 - 12:22 PM

Andrew Ochwat

Andrew Ochwat

He really miscast himself! Wasn't the character supposed to be Hispanic?

Jan 7 - 06:51 AM

Arcadio Ruiz-Castellano

Arcadio Ruiz-Castellano

The formula works beautifully in this movie. Affleck knows all the tricks of his game and as actor/director let's other characters shine for the sake of the story. For me the movie begins when John Goodman appears. But the movie steal is Alan Arkin. Some of his lines delivery in this movie are one of the best in Hollywood
making fun of itself.

Dec 14 - 07:23 PM

Jeremy F.

Jeremy Foster

I agree! So far he's 3 for 3. I think him and Mel Gibson need to stay behind the camera instead of in front of it.

Dec 8 - 08:37 PM

Jaime Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Can't argue with this, his films as director are better than about all his acting ones, though it was the movies themselves that stunk more than his acting imo. Looking through his history, only really cared for Good Will Hunting, Dogma and Paycheck.

Nov 23 - 08:46 PM

Jaime Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Can't argue with this, his films as director are an improvement, though it was the movies themselves that stunk more than his acting imo. Looking through his history, only really cared for Good Will Hunting, Dogma and Paycheck.

Nov 23 - 08:45 PM

Nadheeran Sritharan

Nadheeran Sritharan

Hey guys i just finished watching Argo and i made a review for it on my youtube channel, could you guys check it out and tell me how my review was. Also any subscribers are welcome and please excuse my cursing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUkAxyaTq80&feature=youtu.be

Nov 19 - 07:30 PM

Ave

Avery Beckett

I don't know, I think he's a great director and an above average actor, so I'm fine with whatever hat homeboy wants to wear...

Nov 17 - 11:21 AM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

Is it just me, or does your thread title "Ben Affleck..." have nothing to do with the rest of what's written in the post?

Nov 13 - 12:22 PM

Michael Ryan

Michael Ryan

Ben Affleck directed the movies he talks about in his post

Nov 13 - 01:25 PM

Mike Gruber

Mike Gruber

Horrible movie, I was the hostage here.It failed when it started, and free falls for the next dis-jointed 2 hours it took to finally crash and burn. I was stunned by the blatant use of meaningless scenes just to get the film over with. Never cared less about every single character in a movie. Poorly directed, acted, and edited...but apparently it was marketed so well people enter the theater already liking it and hit the exits affraid to admit they have no idea what just took place.
Horrible movie.

Nov 11 - 10:34 PM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

Why do people make such an effort to troll...

Nov 13 - 12:21 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile