Golden Globes 2013 Nominations

Summary

The (almost) biggest awards show in town announce their nominations! Back to Article

Comments

Gage Kent

Gage Kent

I know right? Makes me wanna see it even more!

Dec 13 - 01:44 PM

Christopher Ross

Christopher Ross

Why is it though that they immediately nominate Django Unchained, and a couple other movies when they haven't even been released in theaters yet?

Dec 13 - 11:11 PM

Bashar Mudallal

Bashar Mudallal

Because the movie should be awarded based on its quality not based on its commercial success or public attention, you can see that clearly looking at movies like Skyfall and The Hunger Games.

Dec 14 - 03:25 AM

Cameron Johnson

Cameron Johnson

I think he wonders how they can be eligible if no one's seen them, to which I reply "pre screening! Showing the film to a limited audience to get it eligible for awards!"

Dec 16 - 12:01 AM

Gage Kent

Agree that the Golden Globes are usually a bunch of bullshit. Dances with smurfs beat Hurt Locker? Wow. I didn't even like Hurt Locker... but it was certainly better than the piece of overrated trash by Cameron. Act of Valor was a disgrace. Pretty solid predictions. I absolutely adored Moonrise Kingdom. Hope it gets at least one oscar nod.

Dec 13 - 01:46 PM

Gage Kent

QT don't care... I assure you. He cares about making great movies for the sake of making great movies. And he has done it again with Django (from the look of things).

Dec 13 - 01:47 PM

over Paranorman? wtf?

Dec 13 - 01:51 PM

Gage Kent

I think she is a hack of an actress. I don't find her attractive or talented at all.

Dec 13 - 01:52 PM

Marlon Lezama Flores

Marlon Lezama Flores

Rottentomatoes series, when?

Dec 13 - 02:51 PM

Matthew Kelly

Matthew Kelly

Arietty was officially released several years ago and thus probably isn't eligible.

Dec 13 - 03:11 PM

Hunter Norris

Hunter Norris

No ParaNorman for best animated film?

Wow. Just wow.

Dec 13 - 03:15 PM

Gage Kent

Stunned. Paranorman was easily my favorite animated film of the year. Funny, scary, entertaining, moving. The animation was terrific too. Here is to hoping the Academy isn't so blind as the Golden Globes.

Dec 13 - 04:52 PM

Matthew Kelly

Matthew Kelly

Any time I watch a Wes Anderson movie I keep half-expecting him to walk into the middle of a scene waving his arms screaming "AM I BEING SICKENINGLY-SWEETLY ECLECTIC ENOUGH YET?! WELL AM I!?" It's the cinema equivalent of getting smacked on the head with an indie baseball bat.

MK started out decently enough when it was just a simple little story about two weird outcast kids on a Calvin-and-Hobbes-esque journey but then it just went completely over-the-top with schmaltzy reality-defying segments that just felt like they were in there for the sake of being quirky.

Dec 13 - 03:18 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

WTF is an indie baseball bat? The film has a whimsical humor. I don't know why you think it's trying to fool you somehow.

Dec 13 - 03:59 PM

Brian Chval

Brian Chval

Golden Globes are giving Beasts of the Southern Wild no love here, and it's appalling.

Dec 13 - 03:22 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Zeitlin couldn't afford the petition fees. Or the seat tickets. (Bought and paid for, I'm bluntly saying)

Dec 13 - 04:01 PM

Gage Kent

Hated that movie, but because of its overall critical acclaim I am inclined to agree with you. It probably should have been included. It is nice to see the smaller films get some attention.

Dec 13 - 04:53 PM

Alberto Zeeky

Alberto Zeeky

Snubbed Bardem... screw the Globes.

Dec 13 - 03:34 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Still, there were plenty of Korean, Chinese and Japanese films this year worthy of inclusion in the foreign catagory. The Globes rarely include films from this area of the world.

Dec 13 - 03:55 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Dec 13 - 03:59 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Dec 13 - 04:01 PM

Robert G.

Robert Gassaway

SALMON FISHING IN THE YEMEN does not deserve any of it's 3 nominations! Emily Blunt was much better in YOUR SISTER'S SISTER and THE FIVE-YEAR ENGAGEMENT. I guess we'll just chalk-up all the snubs across the board to the Globes' broadcast celeb party having no love for indie film.

SHERLOCK deserves to be recognized for much more than Benedict Cumberbatch's greatness!

Dec 13 - 04:13 PM

James Adams

Adam Pass

Hey who agrees with me that Ted should have been nominated for Best Picture in the comedy part?

Dec 13 - 04:36 PM

Christopher Kulik

Christopher Kulik

I think I would rather have a dog fart in my face.

Dec 14 - 10:30 AM

Ryan DiBenedetto

Ryan DiBenedetto

YES that and 21 Jump Street and I know this isn't technically a comedy but The Avengers was probably the best movie I have see all year; at least the most entertaining one and despite the rave reviews it didn't get nominated. I know its a long shot but I really think The Avengers should be nominated for best picture at the Oscars however I believe it'll be The Dark Knight all over again

Dec 15 - 10:30 AM

Gage Kent

The Avengers for best picture? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I haven't laughed that well in a while. Please. It was entertaining, but in the end just a superhero movie. The Dark Knight transcended its genre and was actually serious. Get a grip on yourself. Movies don't get nominated just for being entertaining. They have to have some artistic merit also.

Dec 16 - 03:12 PM

Robert Rodriguez's 10 Best Movies

Ant-Man
Ant-Man

First pic of Marvel's Paul Rudd

Worst Summer Movies
Worst Summer Movies

We list the 60 worst since 1975

Scorecard 2014
Scorecard 2014

See where the summer movies rank